I can feel

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There is a garden near my apartment where children often play during the day. This evening, I can see only two couples walking, smiling and hugging each other.

I would like to be able to live like us instead of hiding who I am inside me.

My car is parked and I look at these couple. One of them gets my interest because this one are cuter. The man tickles his girlfriend and the latter, clearly annoyed, tries to get away. She puts hair strands behind her ear and she blushes. She is pretty and she has a boyfriend, so why is she annoyed? She has a beautiful face, fashioned clothes, long legs; I believe she is kind of y, she must have a lot of men looking at her. I feel upset. The wind seems warmer on my face. I should stop eyeing. I don’t know who she is. So now, what am I doing, why am I staring at a pretty pedestrian? I have to quickly move from this place and I will think about it later.

I start the car but my phone rings. I take quickly my phone out my bag. It shows: "Eun Hee’s daughter". Hesitantly, I finally pick it up.

"Yes, Doctor Oh?"

"It is Oh Soo Hyeon, I am sorry for the call. We worked all the day at the same place and I forgot to ask you something. Would you like to have dinner with my dad and me tomorrow? He wants to treat you because of all you did for my mother."

"I am not free tomorrow, but can we talk about that at work?"

"OK, so good evening…"

She hangs up first. I tighten the phone while I calm down.

I try to understand what has just happened. By the way, the couple walking on the park has gone. I throw away my cellular on the passenger seat with my confused thoughts and I drive to my house. Hope Soo Hyeon will not be angry. I was quite in a rush. She doesn’t deserve my sharp behaviour.

 

Facing the mirror of my bathroom, I remember how I never get lucky about relationships:

I've never seen my mother, it seems like she lost her life when I was born. My father always said that to me. But he managed to be the both: a dad who showed me how to live and a mum with kindness. I really loved my dad. He couldn't help but tease me saying that I had a twin because h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter