How I feel

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The surgery has been running since one hour already.

We are all focused on the patient and his heart. It is a high surgery that we need to perform today. Hoon Ha and Soo Hyeon are working in agreement. We are listening to the orders, giving the appropriate tools and wiping sometimes the sweat of Park Hoon or Soo Hyeon. Like them, I am focused on the vital parameters and on the face of the patient because I ought to be sure that the anaesthesia is correct and enough.

The surgery lasts more time that what it was scheduled. My solutions are ready and I know our roles. The hands of the surgeons, prisoners in their gloves, move in the rib cage of the patient. They know well how to process and it can be seen by all of us. Indeed, Hoon Ha is great, but everybody knows it. He is now a famous surgeon like he said when we were kids. He has found his place here and the atmosphere in this room is full of strength because we hope for a great ending.

Soo Hyeon has her talent too. She is really serious and professional. Her eyes are on the work, she sometimes glance to Park Hoon to hear and answer to his requests. She doesn’t have an eye for me, indeed, it is not the time for that. She is professional and I admire her. She is conscientious in her work and her studies... I have to be focused but the beautiful face of Soo Hyeon working has some effects on me.

I check on the vital data and the eyes of my patient: all is right, it will not last enough time.


Yesterday, Soo Hyeon lied saying that her dad would take her back home but it wasn’t true. When I found out her lie, I just listened to my instincts... It was why we got in an embrace in front of this empty house ready to be sold.

 

The pulse rate is normal, I adjust the injections and Park Hoon follows saying:

"Congratulations, it is done! Doctor Oh, will you finish?"

"Yes Doctor Park," she answers.

I subtly cross their gaze, proud. This surgery was a big one and nothing bad happened. I wouldn’t have like to see Soo Hyeon depressed because of a surgery bad ending.

 

She had the same smile yesterday: full of thankfulness, just that but big enough for myself. However, it was before a male voice said my name behind my back. We were in our reality, or I was, because, I made the choice to hug her. Sure, I am the only culprit in this affair but I am ready to pay the price.

And so, I was taken aback because of Cha Jin Soo. I forgot that he was waiting for me. When I heard that Soo Hyeon was still alone, I just ran for her. Cha Jin Soo wasn't angry, maybe surprised, because I was with Soo Hyeon but it didn't show his bad side. I would have preferred they not had met like that but…

Then it was soon awkward to be in the street, stood up the three of us, so we got a sit in my car. I couldn't pretend to be happy by Jin Soo's presence. I had not scheduled that at all. However, I could take Soo Hyeon back to her place. She sat on the back seat behind me and Jin Soo was on my right. It was late, we had a long day with that house moving and we would have this surgery the day after. We had small talks, I spoke sometimes, but I was must focused on Jin Soo, worry that he could make a mistake.

Having the three of us in the same car was an awkward scene and I hurried to reach Soo Hyeon's home. Hopefully, Jin Soo didn't say he was my fiance, a spy, and all these things which could make the life become worse than it is. Hopefully too, the rear-view mirror allowed me to watch over Soo Hyeon. She didn't seem frightened, or even worried.

I was shared on my duty to stay in the car due to Jin Soo, and my desire to accompany Soo Hyeon up to the gate. But the silence inside when she went, on the contrary the loudness of the door car closed, and the look of Jin Soo at Soo Hyeon… I was about to op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter