Hang in there

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vivid colours and rumours dive me in a world with people sharing happiness.

Eun Min Se's joy spreads out among us. The restaurant is complete and waiters are busy. I have never been in this restaurant before; the food is tasty.

Eun Min Se and her fiance lead the table. They are so lovely together. He is also a doctor in our hospital. They are completely different: he is as shy as she is extrovert. But the harmony of their couple is evident. They gather their close friends because they want to celebrate the proposal before the wedding ceremony.

"I was afraid he might change his mind! So I decide him to celebrate this event with all of you: I want him to keep his promise!" my colleague says at high voice and then she pinches his cheeks. We laugh, looking at each other.

They are cute.

We make noises to exclaim how much they love each other when the fiance steals her a kiss on her cheek in front of our eyes. She blushes and lowers the head.

They are really cute together.

Eun Min Se is a person for whom I didn't have any interest for at first because in my mind, mission is mission. However, I don't regret it now. Without I said anything, she noticed how my relationship with Soo Hyeon was going on and my sad state of mind: we do not talk and do not share smiles with stolen tender on the hospital halls as we did. Min Se wanted her to be there because of me. So, this person is sit at her left side and she is her who questioned about how long they have been together.

Each time I hear Soo Hyeon talk, I feel alone. I try to get her attention but I fail because of the host sit on my right. Only her long hair falling on her blue dress has been allowed to my gaze.

 

As far as the dinner goes, I forget my shyness and it comes less awkward. I prevent me to have peeks on Soo Hyeon and Min Se who are in great discussion. I have to take off these thoughts and the weight of my worries and enjoy the present.

We joke and the meal is appetizing. A marriage will be celebrated soon and someone are already talking about babies. That makes Min Se’s fiance cough and loop his sip of water. He doesn’t answer by the way but the lovely regards he trades with his wife show all the love which exists between them. She tries to prevent him to drink more but she loses each time.

"Hopefully he is going to marry you. Will you be able to take care of his bad habits?" Soo Hyeon asks laughing.

"I can't believe it! Why has it to be him!" Min Se exclaims.

"Because you love him indeed!" She answers.

I get more attention in Soo Hyeon speech.

"Even if he falls drunk on the ground, you will marry him!"

Eun Min Se agrees, looking lovely at her fiance drinking with his guys.

And then, Min Se gives me a wink, subtly.

"Soo Hyeon, what do you know about love? I don't know if you are with someone or not…" I get surprised when she asks Soo Hyeon.

"Actually, I was dating someone." Soo Hyeon answers.

It is my turn to skip a gulp and to cough. I apologize and get up, saying that I need to get some air.

 

My head boils, the words of Soo Hyeon upset me. Does she think of me how I do or am I already somebody of her past?

I hold my purse, looking on the obscure sky while my phone rings. It saves me of my sudden discomfort. The name which appears startles me and I hesitate to answer. It is not the best time to talk to Jin Soo in the middle of that night…

"You should answer, it might be important". It is Soo Hyeon who interrupts my thoughts. I haven’t noticed she has been there. The phone stops.

Those eyes, I haven't seen them for a long time. They express affection as the time we were together without that truth which destroyed the beautiful dream I cared.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter