I am selfish

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wonder if it is what I have wanted. Am I allowed to? Does she like me? I enjoy this moment but with that thought, it is a burden to continue feel her lips on mine.

"Hey, are you OK?," she inquires with a sweetie voice.

I have to return to my normal status quickly.

"Seung Hee, are you okay?"

"No."

I could have answered "yes" because I am happy but the emptiness becomes stronger and stronger. Wrinkles set on her face. I didn’t want to get her angry. She stands up and carries the box.

"Seung Hee, please. If I have bothered you, forget everything. I wouldn’t have to do that," she says fleeing my gaze.

Few seconds is the time I have needed to withdraw.

"You don’t mind if I pursue to carry the boxes outside? I have to finish that today," she adds.

"No, do as you want."


Now, I am lonely in the house, the pressure has fallen. I squeeze my legs on my . Soo Hyeon probably kisses me because of the last time. I didn’t want to use her and it seems it is what I have done. I grab my hair, angry about me and hide my face. As the one who created this situation I have no choice but to cope with it.

I stand up. I have to work in order to care of my mind. I take off the last books and put them on the table. I don’t hear Soo Hyeon. Is she always outside? I take a new box that I begin to fill again.

Soo Hyeon's eyes: I remember them. I am sure there meant something. She couldn’t have been staring at me with lovely eyes if I have ordered her to kiss me, right?

 

By the window I see the garden that I have missed. It is peaceful.

Finally, I take my courage and the strength to join Soo Hyeon. If I have made a mistake, I hope she will forgive me.

So, she isn’t in front of the house, neither beside the car. I walk slowly on the terrace looking on the floor. Then, I turn around to the garden to see that picture: on the green ground, with a light skin and light movements, she waters flowers. I stay there on my feet.

"Soo Hyeon!"

She may not have heard me so I repeat again her name and so she turns her face and I am caught. I need to say that I should be the only one guilty. She doesn’t have to feel ashamed.

"Soo Hyeon, don’t be mad. what happened at the hospital is my entire fault. Please, forgive me."

I am convinced by my phrases, I am really okay with that. She holds my gaze and pinches her lips. Time runs and she doesn’t answer. Then, she just nods and smile.

Finally, I haven’t messed up everything.

 

I propose to work in different rooms so I won’t bother her. The afternoon goes faster. One of her dad's employee has came to drive the truck, setting up all these memories. The sun begins to lower and we are tired. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter