Trust in me

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All these events happened really too fast. I can't really remember how all this began. I can only supposed that for quite long now, I have been really falling in my trap. The unique trap I have built with Jin Soo.

"Seung Hee, what happened? Don't tell me she is with this guy?"

The world has collapsed several times since Jin Soo answered Soo Hyeon's phone.

It was Jin Soo's voice, there is no doubt. Park Hoon was here and he heard it too. I am puzzled, out of my mind. We are again in this corner of the cafeteria where I was trying to take a break in peace. But this peace now has entirely disappeared.

Park Hoon is worried and he is begging for some answers. But I remain stunned. The past still haunts me.

He tries to make me get up and I finally accept to follow this stubborn guy who doesn't want to let go. We are soon in front of his office.

"About Soo Hyeon, don't you think she needs some explanations?" he mumbles between his teeth in order no to be loud and without yelling and spreading his displeasure. "It is okay if you don't want to tell me what you are doing here with that guy. But at least, if both of you are engaged, you must be more careful, and responsible!"

Obviously, Park Hoon blames me. Park Hoon, I accept your words, I accept your anger and besides, I deserve it. He is grabbing my hand and doesn't want to let me flee.

"Where do you want to look for them? He asks. "You have no idea where they could be."

It is true, but I have to find them… Words are dying on my lips and anger is boiling inside of me.

"What will you do when you find them?"

I can't answer because I can not endanger those who are close to me. He frowns, worried and he invades my space. I don't know if he is aware of his behaviour right now. His hands which are shaking my shoulders are strong and he doesn't release his grip.

"Hoon Ha! Park Hoon!!" I beg. "You are hurting me."

He sighs.

"Believe in me. This is an affair I have to take care of. I will be back soon. Eun Min Se must be at my office. She will take my place if there is an emergency."

He lets go of me, his hands fall down resigned. He moves back smiling and sits on his desk.

"Okay" he pulls an annoyed face and crosses his arms. There won't be any questions.

 

Thirty minute have passed since I heard Jin Soo's voice.

I have memorized the address Park Hoon gave me. He talked with Soo Hyeon about this apartment and so he knows where the agency is.

Actually, he knows a lot details about this one that I haven't heard about. I would like to know why she didn't talk to me about it. But, I wonder if I ever asked at least one question to Soo Hyeon. I haven’t showed any interest in this project that she craves for a long time… but I am the person with whom she wants to live!

"Where are you both?" I ask Jin Soo, hiding all my fears.

"She went back home" he answers on the phone as if nothing happened.

I can't believe that he let her go so quickly.

"Why? Are you not happy?" he teases me. "She is on her way back to her luxurious house."

"What do you mean? Does something happen? I won’t forgive you if…"

"Why? You can't be close with anyone so what is the deal?" he laughs.

"You…" I swallow my anger because I know I might regret what I could say.

He sighs. "She must be at her home now."

I am not sure if he tells me the truth but I have to hang up.

"Seung Hee…" he adds.

His tremulous voice has something weird but not enough to make me stand on our conversation because the only thought in my mind is Soo Hyeon.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter