My sweet dream

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, I would like you to live with me, sincerely…"

So, it means an engagement, it is like a confession. It means I will have to be who she thinks I am but not who I really am…

I have been only thinking about my own benefits but what she needs now is something else.

"Take your time to answer," she said smiling.

Yes, I am proud to be the one she wants to live with but the taste of my joy isn't the same. I have a knot in my throat.

"Seung Hee, I will let you time to choose. Whatever your answer, I will take it … but I wish you will move with me."

I remember her lovely eyes, her hand on my cheek and my wounded lip.

"I cut my lip at work with a paper, it is nothing," I lied.

"So I have to heal you this evening. Ready?" she winked.

If it was not that day, it will happen another day, so now is probably not the worst point of time.

 

My colleague is a nice girl.

We are in our office, speaking about the current affairs. These are moments we have to share as colleagues. Every day, we take the files of patients we have to take care of. We look into their medical past. Then, we discuss about the best way to do an anaesthesia. Indeed, we could decide alone but sometimes debate about the subject is interesting.

I didn't want to be close to other people. But now, all has changed. My heart has been opened and I can see what I would have not noticed before.

For instance, I have noticed how Park Hoon is not as a trashy as I thought. Yes, he is acting like a fool and people may don't like him. However, he deserves better. I remember those days we passed together years ago… when we were a couple…

What have I said? The past is the past and I don't want to remember it if it means to return to this time when my father attempted to kill me, when I was abandoned and alone. Park Hoon is my past and only that.

But it seems that Soo Hyeon thinks about our future…

It would be wrong if I say that I have never thought about it. I crave for being free… and loving freely Soo Hyeon with lust… and caring each others. But, living with her is a commitment, a serious stage in our relationship and I am not sure if I am really ready to do it. I don't forget who I am and what I am suppose to do here, with Cha Jin Soo.

"Han Seung Hee, do you know you have changed a lot?" she noticed.

"Really?" It is my colleague who exclaims that and I am just… surprised!

"Maybe, I don't know," I mumble shyly.

"Yes, you were quieter when you arrived here, and now, we can talk for long!" She adds.

In fact, we are sitting in our chairs. Normally, our desks are located on each side of the room so only our backs faced each other. But now, we are speaking happily, face to face.

Oh! It was not only Park Hoon! I have also noticed her, Eun Min Se. This is the name of my colleague. But because I am who I am, I don’t care to learn the names of people I have to meet during my presence in mission. So, doctors are just doctors and it was the same for her.

"You see, we couldn't speak like that before and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter