The right choice

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15: 00, on the rooftop.

"How is your job here?" Cha Jin Soo asks wearing a white blouse stolen in the hospital.

"I do my job. You know I am a doctor before to be an agent" I add.

"Alright but we both know that the mission comes first, don't we?" he smiles gently.

Today, he seems relaxed. He remembers me some days when we were not on missions abroad of our country. It seems to be years ago! I sit on a low wall, he is leaning against a pile a few meters from me but enough so that we can whisper and be heard one another.

"Have you ever imagined your life without duties for a country?" he asks, looking away.

I look at him intensely, frowning of suspicion. I have no issue as usual.

"I imagine… I'll do what I do currently, anaesthetist". Soo Hyeon’s thought comes to me, but I keep me well to talk about.'

"It is not a surprise." Cha Jin Soo exclaims seeking for something behind his back. "Whatever our heads may say, you always have this passion for suffering people."

He stops, and then looks at me with shining eyes.

"It is my job." I carefully say. "You, what would you do?"

He straightens and walks a little, setting a gun in his hands, always within reach of my gaze. He stops and laughs a few moments but discreetly. Then he continues under any other tone and looks at me much more aggressively, the gun pointing at the ground:

"Do not think, even one second, that they let you go Seung Hee" He starts again getting excited. "You belong to them, I belong to them! We have no choice. So as long as we are still here, whatever happens, they do need us, even if you don’t want."

"Then, they still want Park Hoon?!" I launch, wondering if he said me lies. Because they always threat spies with their family members. Hoon Ha was one for me. if they haven’t let me go yet, so they still need him.

"Park Hoon…" he mumbles, scratches his head with his toy.

"Don’t worry, it’s just a question. We have already talked about that. It is an old story now" I add because I can feel his anger increase.

He stays quiet a moment. "They want to test you, will you be OK?" he asks.

I stare at him, not really surprise of our heads process.

"When?"

"Be prepared."

That’s when someone enters the rooftop and join us. It’s a nurse I have already seen. She looks at me, afraid and then go to Cha Jin Soo. The gun is nowhere to be seen. As soon as they face together, she gives a rapport: informations about nurses planning, the name of the doctors who are responsible of some important patients, how to avoid security cameras.

Indeed, I am not the only one working with him. As I said, we are many spies here without really knowing each other because we listen to orders from different masters so I can never surely know that the person I have suspected is really on the side I have been working with.

Jin Soo presents his right hand, the woman take it and go for an embrace in his arms. - This is also one of the techniques to get in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter