Those first days

Dearly Duty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cha Jin Soo has contacted me and we are meeting on the rooftop.

"How many time do we have? He asks me, looking around if nobody can see us.

"Ten minutes, not more." I answer.

Cha Jin Soo is walking around of me and doesn't stop. I wonder what bothers him. He hasn't texted me yesterday when I was with Oh Soo Hyeon and Hoon Ha at Kim Eun Hee’s house; maybe something is going wrong. So, he comes to speak:

"We have new orders to apply. But before, just tell me who you are!" he says walking to me invading my personal space. I am maintaining his investigative look without close my eyes or keep my head down. I can read his threatening gaze I know so well. These confrontations between us are just useless.

"You know who I am and our plan is going well."

"Say it". His large hands on my shoulders, he seems more threatening than friendly. I can feel his breath on my face. I know he hates to be here but we have no choice if we want to survive. I relax and even put a smile on my lips. It was me yesterday who had to cope with these cold feelings about Hoon Ha!

I put my right hand on his right murdered hand and I hold it, softly. This hand is his weakness and if I am putting in highlight his weakness it is for his sake, because he knows that he has no reason to be mad at me. All the anger he has is for Park Hoon, who hurt his hand on the past when running after me, and for our boss. One day, he hopes he will be free from everyone.

I am thankful to Cha Jin Soo for have let me live during some times with this amazing woman, Kim Eun Hee. It was her who welcomed us and sheltered me when we arrived. She was a North Korean agent and I noticed it as soon as I saw her. Eyes can't lie: I immediately saw her strength and her determination.

When I was home with this Woman, my true personality was fine. She wasn't so serious. She decorated her house with flowers; she was cooking and listening to music. Do all the agents have also a past live? Did this woman know happiness before?

Later, Cha Jin Soo explained why I had to live with her: she was dying and she didn't want to go to the hospital. So I had to keep an eye on her.

But I could see she wanted to die.

The death, people like me often think about it, but it seems it is worse with time.

When this woman's suffering increased, I led her to the hospital. She said it was her time. Then, I returned to her house, alone. I tidied up everything, packed my belongings and closed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter