Chapter 67

Make Your Move

Shannon's POV

Krystal and Amber finally reached the gate and all of us went in to register and rent some skis and gears.

"So, are we all set?" asked Jackie.

"Wait Jack, Krystal needs to use the restroom." I heard Amber say. "I'll just go with her. Why don't we just meet inside the area?"

"Well I need to go too!" I said. "Can I accompany her instead?" I looked at Amber then to Krystal.

"Of course!" answered Amber while Krystal gave me a smile. "I think it's on that side." Amber pointed. I walked towards them and Krystal happily took me with her.

"Let's go Shannon." said Krystal.

"Don't take too long, okay? I'm so excited to ski with you guys!" said Amber.

"Yeah yeah!" Krystal and I chorused while giggling.

 

Amber's POV

"Looks like we're gonna go first." I said to Jackie. I looked at her and she has a serious expression on. "Jack, are you okay?"

"Yeah... just thinking about something..."

"Seems deep..."

"Well, kinda.

"Tell me about it."

"Come on, I'll tell you while we walk."

Jackie and I started walking towards the slope with our skis on our shoulders.

"So what is it?" I asked.

"Dorkber, did you feel anything for Shannon when we were younger?" she asked and I almost choked after hearing it. 

"What? Why are you asking me that all of a sudden?" I looked at her intently then my eyes widened because an idea popped in my head. "Oh wait, your face looks serious right now, you and Shannon came here together, and you're asking me this question. Oh my gosh! Don't tell me?" I held her shoulder and made eye contact with her. "Jack, have you gone gay, too?!" I asked in panic. "Oh no! My sister is gay, too! How will mom have grandkids now? Oh no! Oh no!" I was hysterical.

"Will you cut that out?! I'm not gay you idiot!" she said after smacking my head with the tip of a ski.

"Ow! You don't have to be so violent!"

"Because you're crazy! Why would you conclude such a thing?"

"Because you asked such a question!" I said while rubbing that part of my head. 

"So what's the answer dork? Have you had feelings for her?"

"I didn't feel anything for her Jack! What gave you this idea anyway?"

"Well apparently, I just confirmed that Shannon's still into you."

"What do you mean still?" I asked with furrowed brows.

"I mean she still likes you."

"Are you saying..." I said as I decipher everything.

"Yep... she has a crush on you since you guys were in middle school." 

"What?"

"Uhuh..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes..."

"And you knew it all this time?"

"Well... that's what I had observed whenever we visit LA but I thought it wasn't serious until we came here."

Many things ran into my mind but then something made me calm down.

"Well, I don't see any problem. I don'tlike her so no need to think about that." I said confidently.

"But why would she come here with me?" asked Jackie.

"How would I know? However, she hasn't done any harm so we're all good."

"Don't be too relaxed. You'll never know."

"Jack, we've known her since we were little, I'm sure she won't cause any trouble."

"That's what she said." Jackie still sounded worried.

"Don't worry, nothing bad will happen. I promise you, this vacation is gonna be great!" I assured. "What's taking them so long?"

 

Krystal's POV

I'm here outside the cubicle as I waited for Shannon to come out. Shannon seems really nice that I instantly felt comfortable with her.  I feel so lucky to meet one of Amber's closest friends from the States. It feels like I went a step higher of being a part of her. A few minutes more, I heard the toilet flush and the door click open.

"Did I take too long?" she asked.

"Of course not." I answered with a smile.

"Let me just wash my hands before we go back there."

"Okay." She made her way towards the sink and washed her hands.

"You know, I never imagined that Amber will be so famous." she said while looking at me through the mirror. "It's still really weird for me." she giggled after her statement.

"Well, I think it's only normal for you to have that kind of reaction since you were childhood friends." I giggled back. 

"Yeah... I remember during summer, we would ride our bikes and go to a nearby stream and have a swim. Actually, Amber was the one who taught me how to swim. She was so patient with me that time. I wanted to give up but she kept on pushing me to try."

"Really?" I asked in amusement. 

"Yeah. She really wanted me to learn so that we could swim together."

"Oh right, she has mentioned before that they always go to the beach when she was little that's why we went to Jeju Island for her birthday."

"But do you know what else she enjoys doing?" asked Shannon as we made our way back to the slopes.

"What?"

"Play in the arcade."

"Arcade?" I asked.

"Yeah! She's so crazy with the games there especially the zombie ones." she explained. "We would play at the arcade with our friends, Aron and Kevin." she added. "Those were really the good times."

"Wow... I didn't know that..." I said. 

"Really? You haven't talked about her vacations in LA?" I shook my head.

"No, we haven't" I answered.

"Why? I mean you have been together for almost a year, right?"

"We're on our ninth month." I answered. "Well, because I never really asked about that. I mean I know her grandparents live there but I didn't know she often went there." I defended. I don't want Shannon to think that I don't know many things about my girlfriend.

"Oh... but you know Amber. She isn't really the talkative type, right?"

"Yeah... she's always shy and dorky."

"Yet adorable." What Shannon said made me look at her. What did she just say? She also looked like she was surprised with what she said. "Oh, she is adorable, isn't she?" she uttered with a bit of queasiness. "And I bet that's one of the things you liked about her. Am I right?" she continued and gave me a smile.

"That's right." I tried to smile even though I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. I don't know why and I don't want to be negative. She's Amber's friend. I hope what I'm thinking is wrong. We continued walking until we reached the slopes.

"Oh there they are." I heard her say.

"Let's hurry up then. I think Amber can't wait any longer. Look at her neck, it's so stretched because she's looking for us." I joked to put my uneasy feeling away.

"Hahaha! Yeah. C'mon!" Shannon and I walked faster to where the sisters are.

 

Amber's POV

"Oh here they come!" I exclaimed.

"How do they look?" asked Jackie.

"What do you mean?" I asked while still looking at the two.

"Are their faces okay? No scratches or anything?" 

"Jack..." I rolled my eyes. "Stop that." I hissed.

"Why?"

"I told you nothing bad will happen. Don't be too paranoid."

"Okay." We watched them as they walked towards us.

"Hey guys, sorry if we took a while. The restroom was kinda far." said Shannon with a smile. I looked at my princess who seems to be quiet.

"That's okay. Now let's start skiing!" said Jackie. I walked next to Krystal and held her hand. We let Shannon and Jackie walk ahead for us to have some privacy.

"Why are you so quiet?" I asked.

"Nothing." she said with her eyes focused on the snowy walk to the cable car.

"Then why are you not looking at me?" She just shook her head. "Princess, remember no secrets between us? I said. She sighed and turned her gaze at me then spoke.

"I just realized that there are still so many things I don't know about you."

"And that makes you sad?" I asked.

"Yes, because I feel like Shannon knows you better than I do. She has known you longer." she said as we took a seat on the cable car.

"Princess, where is this coming from?" I asked worriedly. "Did something bad happen back there?"

"No, not really. She was just sharing stories about what you and your friends did together back in LA. I learned that you liked playing video games at the arcade. It wasn't a big deal actually but when she asked me why we haven't talked about your time in LA, I slightly felt off. I don't know. I can't explain it." she looked down at our hands. "But there is one thing I could feel and I know it's wrong to think this way but..."

"But what?" 

"I think she likes you." Oh no... Krystal thinks Shannon likes me, too? Why do they feel it so easily like it's the most obvious thing in the world? Am I that numb?

"Princess?" I held her hand tighter.

"The way she talked about you earlier, there was really something more about it." she said. "Did you like her before?" This question, I've been hearing this twice today.

"Sigh. No. I just treat her as my sister." I said.

"Okay." is all she said.

"Princess, I love you." she looked back at me.

"I love you."

"Then can I have a smile from you now? You look prettier when you smile." I said.

"Sweet-talker as always." she said with that smile I love.

"There." I held her close to me with a hug. "Don't think about that anymore. It's just you I want."

"I know."

We finally reached the top and met Shannon and Jackie there.

 

Shannon's POV

They're so sweet again and every bit of it is a stab to the heart. I knew I would regret coming here but I still did because I want to see Amber. I missed her. I spent so many months saving money so I could buy a ticket and come here. I was so thrilled about her band debuting and their fame rose as fast as lightning. I was so proud of her. I kept watching their performances even though I can't understand what the words mean. Her voice was enough and my admiration for her grew more and more that's why I did everything I can to have enough money and bought a ticket. Just when I was so excited to visit Korea, her dating news with Krystal came out and I swear the world just became a blur to me. Is it too dramatic? But that's how I really felt. I always wondered what could have happened if I came earlier. Like I said before, I didn't come here to cause trouble. I just wanted to see her. She's still my friend. I won't try to break them apart, but I think it's time to tell her what I feel for her. I just want to be honest. I have kept this secret for so long and if we are really friends, nothing would be a problem. She has Krystal now. I respect their relationship. I respect Krystal.

The couple walked towards us. I greeted them which they returned with a smile but Krystal was not as jolly as she was earlier.

"Hey Krystal!" I said.

"Hey..." she greeted back. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. "

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing... you just look like you are troubled. Are you?"

"Of course not." she answered politely.

"I think it's because of the cold weather." answered Amber. "That's why my princess is a little quiet. Right, Krystal?"

"Right. But don't worry, I'm still excited to go skiing!" she exclaimed. I felt relieved. I was worried that I said something she didn't like when we were in the restroom. "Let's go?" invited Krystal.

"Yeah let's go!" All of us rode our skis and played in the snow. The couple didn't leave us. Throughout our time there, they made us feel that we are with them unlike other couples who try to have their own time whenever they are out with their friends. This is all I wanted, to spend time with Amber. And because she has a girlfriend now, I know I can't have her all to myself like I did before. This is the most I could have, to spend time with her and her girlfriend. Painful, but it's the right thing to do. 

After skiing, we went to a restaurant to have dinner. I was browsing through the menu when I heard someone call me.

"Shannon, can I talk to you in private?" Amber was standing in front of me with a serious expression but it's not a mad one.

"Okay."

Am I in trouble?

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: I apologize for keeping you waiting, for leaving this fic hanging for a very long time. A lot of things happened during those months, including work and Krystal's dating news. I know that excuse is a little shallow but to be honest, after hearing Kai and Krystal's dating news I sort of lost my passion to write this fluffy fic. This is the lightest story I have compared to the last four updates I did for my one shots. I'm the typre of writer who could write when the mood gets into me but since that April Fools Day, the fluffy kryber flew away from me. I'm so sorry for neglecting this fic and I am so grateful to those who are still interested and waiting. I really appreciate it. I want to finish this. I will finish this so stay with me. This fic has been going on for two years now and I'm happy because you readers are still with me. Thank you thank you thank you. I will work hard for you guys to keep you entertained. Til my next update, okay? I love you readers!