Chapter 65

Make Your Move

Krystal's POV

Amber and I spent a few hours here in their garage. We shared more stories about our childhood but we mostly talked aout hers since I don't have anything interesting to share. It's fun to listen to her stories especially the funny ones. I wish I knew her before I became an idol and experienced those things with her, but I'm happy with where we are right now and I couldn't ask for anything else.

"Princess, when Jackie arrives at midnight, I would pick her up at the airport okay? she said while we're cuddling on the sofa.

"Hmm... could I go with you?"

"Eh? You'll just be tired." she said.

"It's better than letting you go alone." I said with a smile but the truth is I'm sc~

"Oh I know why you want to go with me... hihi..." She suddenly spoke with this goofy smile on her face. "You're scared to sleep alone in my room, aren't you? Haha!" Why is my girlfriend so smart? Can she read my mind?

"I hate it when you figure me out easily. Are you a wizard or something?" I looked up at her and squeezed her cheeks. "You really know me too well."

"Haha! Yup! I think I developed a sixth sense because of you." she joked. "Then I'll tell mom to let you sleep in her room when I already need to go.

"B-but... I feel shy..." I blurted while covering my face with my hands.

"Oh come on, why would you be shy? You're just gonna sleep beside mom."

"Am~"

"Princess, you'd be more tired if you go with me. Just stay in mom's room, okay?"

"Sigh... okay, but you tell her. Please~"

"Alright~" she pulled me closer to her. "I love you even if you're a scaredy-cat."

"Hey!" I slightly hit her arm but she just giggled.

"Come on, let's go tell mom." she dragged me back inside the house.

 

Amber's POV

"Mom? Mom?"

"Yeah?" we found mom in the kitchen.

"Later when I need to pick Jackie up from the airport, could Krystal stay in your room until I get back?"

"Of course!" She turned to us and looked at Krystal. "Why? Are you scared honey?" asked mom worriedly.

"Not really scared auntie but it will be my first time to sleep in a different room." answered my princess shyly.

"I understand. But we will be sharing the bed, is that okay?"

"Absolutely auntie! Thank you!"

"No problem future daughter-in-law. Haha!" mom teased and made Krystal's face turn red.

At around three in the afternoon, Krystal decided to bake the strawberry short cake she mentioned earlier. It was so good that we had to save Jackie her piece or else she won't be able to taste any.

Mom really enjoyed being in the kitchen with Krystal. Sometimes I feel sorry for mom because I can't do these things with her. Eventhough mom doesn't say it, Jackie and I know that she feels lonely so I'm really thankful for having Krystal. She fills the missing puzzle that Jackie and I can't provide.

Narrator's POV

The whole day was full of laughter for Krystal and Amber. They are so happy that they had this opportunity to explore a different place together. Amber's mom suggested that the couple should roam around the city since it's their vacation after all.

"But mom, it's impossible for people not to recognize us." said Amber.

"Oh right, that is a problem."

"Well, what if we wear a mask or something?" Amber and Mrs. Liu looked at Krystal.

"That doesn't sound a bad idea." said Mrs. Liu with a smirk. "Honey, didn't you and Jackie have masks you use for Halloween when you were kids?"

"Yeah, I think they are still in a box in my room. Wait, are we really gonna do that?" asked Amber in disbelief.

"Yes! I think it would be exciting!" said Krystal. "Come on Am, please~"

"You know I can't say no to you~"

"Yehey!"

"Alright then, go find those masks so you cou;d have more time in the city." said Mrs. Liu.

As soon as Amber found the masks, she and Krystal hurriedly hopped in the car.

"Have fun kids, but be back for dinner, okay?"

"Yes mom!"

"Yes auntie!"

The drive downtown wasn't long and the couple instantly got excited at the sight of the small stores on the sidewalks.

"Princess, we will look silly in these! Haha!"

"Silly in a good way, Am!" Before they got off the car, they selfie with theim wearing Power Ranger masks.

"I'll post this on Instagram, okay Princess?"

"Good idea!"

 

Amber's POV

We're now walking towards the market with these masks covering our faces. I can't believe we're doing this! It will be another fun experience with my princess.

"Where should we go first, Bernard?" I heard her say while giggling.

"Bernard?" I asked confused.

"We can't use our real names, they might know who we are."

"Oh!" I said with a snap. "Wow you're really smart! But I don't like Bernard. Why don't you call me Jack Jack?"

"Jack Jack?"

"Yeah, and I'll call you... Gongju."

"O... kay... but why do I feel like they're someone's dogs' names?"

"What? You and your wild imagination, princess, I mean Gongju. Haha! Let's go!" I held her hand and dragged her towards the shops.

 

Krystal's POV

Amber and I went in every shop and brought couple stuff and it's funny how the sales ladies are giving us weird looks whenever we get in and inquire about their products but interestingly, they didn't question us about the masks and that's really cool!"

"Jack Jack, look at these cute pair of socks!" Amber looked at where I was pointing and she held the pair up.

"Llama socks! My cousins!" I laughed at her reaction. "I wanna buy them!"

"I will!"

"Thanks pr~ oh, Gongju!" she said in a chuckle. "I'm still trying to get used to your new name. Haha!"

"Me too! But this is really fun! i've always wanted to go shopping like this. I feel so happy!"

"Uh sir, will you get those socks?" asked the sales lady who assumed that we're guys.

"Yes! Thank you!"

After a while, we got tired and decided to sit on a bench.

"Princess, would you like to have some frappe?" Amber asked in a whisper. "Eventhough Gongju means princess, still Princess is the perfect word for you." I may not see it but I know she has her dorky grin on while I blush at her words.

"Do you really need to be cheesy right now?"

"Yes!"

"Dork! But yes, chocolate frappe would be great!"

"Wait right there. And don't talk to strangers!"

"Who would talk to me when I look like this?"

"Right, I'll be quick!" I watched her sprint towards a frappe booth with a smile on my face. She's so perfect, we're perfect. I can't wait for that day when we'll just be together in our own house. Just us. I know it will happen. I know that she's the one. 

My train of thoughts was interrupted as I saw her walking back towards me.

"Here my Gongju." she said while handing me my drink.

"I love you my Jack Jack."

"Now look who's being cheesy~" she said while taking her seat next to me.

"Haha! But really, I love you. You know that, right?"

"Yes, and I feel it."

"One day, we will come back here and do these things without the need to wear masks. At that time, we are already married and enjoying a simple but happy life.

"I would anticipate for that day, princess." If it weren't for the masks, I would already be kissing her right at this moment but snce I can't do that, I held her hand instead.

"One day, you will be really mine." she said with a smile.

After finishing our drinks, we walked back to the car and went home.

 

Amber's POV

The thought of having her as my wife someday made me feel so happy. I know it's still a bit impossible especially here in Korea but who knows, by the time it happens, all countries will be already supportive of it.

"Oh you're back! Good since dinner is ready." greeted mom.

"Hey mom!"

"Hello auntie!"

"So, how was your shopping?" asked mom while preparing the table.

"It was very fun! Right, Krys?"

"Yes auntie, especially when the sales people feel a bit scared of us." All of us laughed.

"Well at least you've experienced something new~"

"That's true. I never thought I'd ever be going shopping with Krystal there."

"Me too. Since my debut, I really can't go to public places without any security guards surrounding me so I'm really glad that you suggested us to go there auntie."

"I'm happy to hear that." The atmosphere in the house was so light. We enjoyed our dinner and shared more of our adventure in the market.

 

Krystal's POV

After dinner, Amber and I did the dishes and let auntie rest in her room. Then, we headed in Amber's bedroom to rest.

"Am, what time will Jackie arrive?" I asked.

"If I'm correct, she'll fly in at 2 am."

"Can you really drive alone at that time?"

"Of course!"

"Can I just go with you so I don't need to worry? I won't be able to sleep thinking about you driving alone. Please Am..." 

"Hmm... alright..."

"Good." I leaned closer and pecked her cheek. "Now let's get some sleep so you won't be sleepy later while driving."

Amber set her alarm and both of us drifted off to sleep.

 

Amber's POV

When my alarm went off, Krystal and I headed to the airport. I know how much Krystal loves to sleep but she does this little sacrifices for me and I love her more because of that. When we reached the airport, it didn't take long to spot Jackie but she seems to be talking with the person behind her.

"Jack! Jackie!!!" I called out.

"Amber!!!" she quickly rushed towards us with her bags dangling on her shoulder.

"Jackie!!! I missed you!" I hugged her tight. It's been a long time since I last saw her face to face. "I'm so happy you decided to come here for Christmas!"

"Me too dork! And I believe you're Krystal." I heard her say. I pulled away and saw her looking at my princess.

"Y-yes... Hi Jackie. Finally we've met." Krystal was going for a hand shake but Jackie harshly pulled her in a hug.

"Why so formal future sis-in-law? It's nice to meet you. Is my sister still dork?" That made Krystal laugh.

"Yes. All the time!"

"Oh Amber, you're still the same old dork. Tsk tsk."

"Yah!"

"Now now... don't be a mad llama. Hihi..." I wanted to hit her but nope, she's still older and much stronger. Sigh... Anyway... "Hey Jack, who were you talking with a while ago?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you. Guess who decided to tag along?" she said all smiley.

"Who?"

"Hey Jack! Wait up!" All of us looked at the direction of the voice and saw a blond haired girl walking towards us. "Hey, sorry for the delay... An old man dropped some papers back there so I helped him pick them up." she explained. "Oh, hi Amber."

"S-shannon?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's nore: Wuhoo!