Chapter 64

Make Your Move

Amber's POV

"So Krystal, what would you like to eat?" asked mom as we settled ourselves in the living room.

"Uhm... anything auntie~" said Krystal.

"Mom, how come you're only asking Krystal? How about me?" I can't help but whine while Krystal giggled at my action. I know it's kinda childish but... teehee...

"Oh Amber, I just want to let Krystal eat the food she wants since she worked hard for her drama~"

"But I worked hard on our tour, too..." 

"Hahahaha! Look at you, aren't you embarrassed? Krystal is seeing how dorky you are." Mom continued teasing which made me pout more.

"Oh auntie, I've seen worse. Haha!"

"Really? I feel sorry for you."

"Mom!"

"I was just joking honey." said mom as she gave me a kiss. "You know how much I love you dorkyber." I smiled and hugged her tightly. "So, why don't you go rest upstairs while I prepare the food. Okay?"

"Alright mom~ Thank you."

"Auntie, would you like me to help you?" I heard Krystal say. She gave me a wink and I nodded telling her it's a good idea.

"Are you sure? Aren't you tired?"

"I'm okay, auntie. Please let me help you." Krystal said with enthusiasm.

"Okay. Since you're insisting." Mom smiled at my princess and they walked towards the kitchen.

 

Krystal's POV

Auntie and I will make samgyetang because it's a healthy dish for those who need energy from working so hard. It's an easy dish but I'm sure it's only proper to offer help and plus, I want to help. I enjoy cooking very much and this will also give auntie and I time to bond.

"Krystal, could you chop the potatoes and carrots?" asked auntie. 

"Of course auntie!" I got the vegetables and started peeling them. "Just tell me anything you want me to do, auntie." I said with a smile.

"Oh, that's really sweet of you!" exclaimed auntie. "Honestly, I really want to know what it's like to have a daughter help me cook." What auntie said made me look at her.

"What do you mean auntie? How about Amber and Jackie?" 

"Hey I don't mean anything bad by that but you know, Amber is on the boyish side and Jackie is not really into cooking since she's also sporty like Amber so I really didn't have the chance to cook with them. That's why I'm really glad that Amber has you. You're not only my daughter's girlfriend, now I feel like I have another daughter who enjoys the things I do, too." Auntie smiled sweetly at me and I can't help but do the same.

"Oh auntie, I'm happy that you really like it when I visit. Thank you for always welcoming me here." 

"Aaw... Haha... well, you'll eventually be part of our family, right?" she said while giggling.

"Mm?" That question suddenly made me nervous.

"Did I scare you? I'm so sorry."

"No, auntie. It's okay."

"I really wish that your relationship will last for a lifetime. That's what happened to me and my husband. We were both our firsts, and we were sure that we would live together and build a family, so we always tried to keep our relationship burning. A relationship needs effort from both sides for it to work. But as I see, there is no problem with that between you and Amber.

"Yes auntie, there's no problem between us. The only problem we have is time because of our schedules. There are times when our schedules don't match anymore but in those three months, I'm so glad we managed to talk to each other though we're so busy and far away."

"That's it, that's all you need. Expect these difficult situations come your way, it's normal. Just remember that as long as you love each other, everything will be okay." 

"Thank you auntie."

"For what?"

"For making me feel loved. I'm really grateful that you support us."

"You make Amber happy, so you also make me happy. And you're a good person, I know you'll take care of my Amber." I walked closer to auntie and went in for a hug which she happily returned. I know it's too early to say but I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with Amber and her beautiful family.

 

Amber's POV

While Krystal and mom were cooking, I was about to go down the stairs when I heard what they're talking about so I continued eavesdropping. I heard every word they said and all I could do is smile and thank God that I have this amazing and supportive mom and a loving girlfriend. I wish Jackie was here. I really want her to meet my princess. 

"Hey, is there anything I could do?" I asked as I walk in the kitchen.

"Oh hi dear. We'll just wait for the chicken to soften so why don't you set the table, okay?" 

"Alright mom!" I said and went to the cupboard.

"Need help?" I heard a voice say behind me. I knew exactly who it was so I turned around to look at her.

"Hey, I love you." I said.

"Huh? Why are you saying that all of a sudden?" she said with a chuckle. I pulled her into a hug.

"Nothing, I just really love you Krystal." I felt her arms around my waist wrap tighter.

"I love you too, Amber." I kissed her on the forehead. I let the kiss last a little longer. No words can express my love for this girl. I know I've said this a million times but I really feel lucky to have her.

"Princess, do you think we could visit your parents next week?" I asked while we're still in a hug.

"Really?" she asked with round eyes. I can feel the excitement raging from her.

"Yes!" I said. "I know it's been a while since you last visited. You miss them, too. And I wanna see them as well" I added.

"Omo! Alright! I'll call them tonight!" she blurted out and all I could is chuckle. She's so happy!

Krystal helped me with the bowls and set them on the table. We enjoyed lunch with a lot of storytelling. I watch how mom and Krystal interact with each other and they are in perfect harmony. Nothing could make me happier.

Suddenly, my phone rang and it was a call from Jackie.

"Yow Jack!"

"Hey dork!"

"What's up?"

"I'm just giving you a heads up. I'm on my way to Korea now. Like literally getting in the plane!"

"What? Woah! Then that's great! Are you on vacation?"

"Yeah, Christmas break got in early because of the snow here so I decided to celebrate Christmas there instead!!!"

"Cool! Wait Jack, say hi to Krystal first! We're with mom!" I held the phone near Krystal so they could talk.

"Hello Jackie, it's me Krystal~"

"Wassup sister-in-law! Haha! Let's hangout when I get there alright?"

"I'm looking forward to it!"

"Hey Jack, she's gonna stay here for the weekend!"

"Oh really? Wow! I bet mom is so happy!"

"Yes I am! Finally I have someone to cook with me!" All of us laughed at what mom said.

"Well guys, I gotta go."

"Okay, send me a message as soon as you flew in. I'll pick you up at the airport."

"Thanks dork! See you! Bye mom! Bye Krystal!!"

"Bye!!!"

"Oh my! I think this is gonna be a great weekend! I'm so excited because Jackie will be here, too!"

"Me too mom!" I said then I looked at the beautiful girl next to me. "Finally you're going to meet her, princess. Jack is the coolest sister ever! Well, so is Jessica noona. Hihi."

"Haha! Both of them are cool Am!"

After lunch, Krystal and I decided to visit our garage. I haven't seen it for a long time.

"Wow! Lots of memories are flashing in my head, including that first day we met." I said.

"Yeah..." She went near the sofa and sat on it. "I was sitting right here." she said.

"And I was right here." I took a seat on a stool across from the sofa. "Can you remember what we drank that time?"

"Uhm... wait... Oh, I remember! Milk tea!" she said.

"Correct! Wow, you really have a sharp memory."

"Haha! That was an important moment in my life, that's why I would always remember it." I smiled at her.

"So does that mean, I was already important to you on that first day?" I showed my dorky grin at her.

"As cheesy as it is, yes. That's why I gave you my number. But sadly, you're so dorky that you didn't call me right away." she pouted.

"So you were waiting?" I smirked.

"I can't believe you're asking me that!" she said as she threw me a pillow.

"Why? It's just a question." I was chuckling at her cute actions. My princess is so cute!

"Fine! Yes, I was waiting!" she covered her face after that confession.

"Aigoo my princess." I walked towards her and hugged her. "I guess we were destined, huh?" 

"I guess so." She looked at me before planting a kiss on my cheek. We don't need to say anything because our actions can say what we feel. We love each other. That's all that matters.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Sorry for not updating so often. I hope this chap is okay. Happy New Year!