Chapter 49

Make Your Move

 For the next weeks, The Strings spent most of their time at the music studio in preparation for their tour while Krystal and the girls were also stuck with their schedules. 

Amber's POV

"Let's take five!" shouted Jonghyun as we ended a song.

"So... only two weeks left before the tour... oh man... how will I be able to see Sulli?" said Taemin dropping himself on the couch.

"Dude, it will only be for a few months.. you can send messages or call her." said Onew taking a seat next to Taemin.

"That's easy for you to say, because you don't have someone special... right Am?" said Taemin shifting his gaze at me. Yeah... just two weeks left... then we will be overseas for a few months. Can I handle that?

"He's right... Krystal and I barely see each other these days because of our schedules... and now I feel uneasy... because of L..." I said in a worried tone.

"Why? What's the problem?" asked Minho as he approached me.

"Well, remember when he joined me and Krystal for dinner? He was giving off this vibe... like he is trying to compete with me..."

"Huh? You mean... he really likes Krystal?" asked Key.

"Yeah... Krystal has been telling me this before... she said it seems like L has been hitting on her... but of course, I don't wanna conclude right away so I said maybe he was just being friendly... but that night, the way he acted meant more..."

"Oh no... so... what should we do?" asked Jonghyun.

"We can't do anything... I mean... what do we have to do?" I said.

"How about Krystal? Do you think she will be okay? asked Taemin.

"Well... I think she will... I'll just tell her to not be around L when she's alone.. but I doubt that he'll do anything bad to her... I think he is not that kind of person."

"Just tell her to always contact you when there's a problem." said Onew. I just nodded. 

"I'll also tell the noonas. Anyway, Krystal's birthday will be next week... and I want to do something special for her." 

"Hmm... do you want us to help you?" asked Key. You know, eventhough Key is always joking around, he is really the kind-hearted type. Actually, all these boys are. That's why they are my friends.

"No guys... I'll do it on my own this time. Just give me ideas... you know... she is my first girlfriend and these events are special for us... I celebrated my birthday with her grandly so I want to do the same for her." The boys and I thought of plans for Krystal's birthday but everything we thought of are too common. Then I got an idea. "What if I'll talk to Jessica noona, do you think it will be okay?" I asked the guys. 

"Uhm... then... where will you have the party?" asked Jonghyun.

"Aaw... wait... I think I need to know her schedule first... I'll update you once I've talked to her, okay?"

"Alright... so let's get back to practice first."

 

L's POV

After what happened that night, it made me want to have her more. I'll do everything for her to like me. I'll give her all her favorite things and food. As what I remember, she likes mangoes, bread, and meat. She also likes reading English books and watching American movies. I'll show her that she can be happier with me, that she belongs to me and not to Amber.  

"Krystal, here." I said as I handed her a book.

"L oppa? Why are you giving me that?" she said as she examined the book, but not taking it.

"Uhm... it's an advanced birthday present... you'll be celebrating it on Friday next week, right?"

"Ah... wow... but you didn't need to give me anything."

"C'mon, just take it, please?"

"O-okay." I smiled as she took the book from my hand. 

"I hope you'll read it, Krystal."

"Mmm.. okay.. if I'll have time. I think it's interesting." My smile got wider then I took a seat next to her.

"So... what other books do you want to read?"

"Uhm... I like young adult love story novels."

"Oh okay... How about movies?"

"Romantic comedies and light dramas."

"Alright... Thank you for telling me."

"Why are you asking anyway L oppa?"

"Because I want to know the things that you like so I know what to give you."

"But why?"

"Just." I said and stood up. "Expect more things from me, Krystal." I said as I walk away. This boosts my confidence.

 

Krystal's POV

I hate this. Why does he have to act like this? It makes me so uncomfortable. I looked at the book I'm holding. I know this is rude to say but I don't think I'll ever open this. With the way he acted that night, does he think he impressed me? Sigh... I hope this drama will be over soon so I don't have to meet him anymore. Then Amber, only two weeks more til their tour. I wish I could just go with her. I don't wanna be here without her. I'm not being clingy okay? I just want her around especially when L oppa is acting like this. 
How about my birthday? Will it be a sad one? Ugh... too many things to think about.

 

Amber's POV

"Hello Sulli?"

"Hyung? Hey, why did you call?"

"Do you know Krystal's schedule next Friday?"

"Uhm... no... sorry... why? Oh, are you planning something for her birthday?"

"Yeah... hmm.. I'm just gonna ask her later... Uhm... how about Jessica noona's number? Do you know it?"

"Yes!"

"C-can I have it? Do you think it's okay?"

"Of course! Wait I'll just send it to you, okay?"

"Okay, thanks Ssul!"

Oh... what am I going to do for Krystal's birthday? I have a lot of things on my mind right now. I'm busy with the songs, practice, then L, and Krystal's birthday... What will I do? Grrr! I suddenly heard my phone rang which interrupted my mental ranting.

*phone ringing*

"Princess?"

"Hey Am, what are you doing?"

"I'm just here at the studio, how about you?"

"I'm on my way to the dorm now."

"Oh... you're done so early."

"Yeah... I hope you and the guys are hungry because I bought food!"

"Wow! We're starving actually! Haha!"

"Okay, let's meet at the dorm!"

 

DORM

The boys were super happy because of the food Krystal brought, and I was happier because she's here with me. She makes all my worries disappear when I see her smile, and just hearing her voice makes me so calm, I'm really in love with her.

"Hey... why are you staring at me like that? Don't you know it's rude to stare?" she said jokingly. We are now seated on the couch.

"Really, okay..." I said and took out my phone.

"W-what are you doing?" she asked trying to take a peek. 

"You said staring is rude so I'm looking for a picture of a girl that I can stare at." I said casually as I browse my phone.

"What?! Yah! And you're doing this in front of me?!" she said irritatedly and grabbed my phone from my hand. 

 

Krystal's POV

This llama, how can she do this? She knows I easily get jealous and here she is saying these words. I violently grabbed her phone and looked at the screen but to my surprise, all I saw is a photo of myself. Of course, how can I be so stupid? My ever loyal girlfriend would never cheat on me. I looked at her a little embarrassed.

"Can I laugh now?" she asked obviously trying to hold her laughter. I just nodded defeatedly. "Hahaha! Oh my princess, come here." she said and pulled me into a hug. "Are you jealous of this girl?" she said while pointing at my picture. 

"Grrr... it's your fault! Why did you have to say it that way? You could've just said you're gonna look at my picture!" I said while stomping my feet.

"Okay... okay.. I'm sorry..."

"No... I hate you!" I said then I stood up from the couch.

 

Amber's POV

I thought she was going to walk out but she just stood there with her back facing me. Childish princess again. I stood up and went in front of her. Her head was down and I don't think she'll look at me so I took both her hands from her pockets and placed them on the side of my face. Then I started to slap my cheeks lightly with her hands.

"Bad Amber, bad Amber..." I said repeatedly while hitting my face.

"H-hey.. hey!" said Krystal stopping her hands. "What are you doing?" 

"Punishing myself..." It's not really painful. Krystal is being childish right now so I'm just playing with her. Hihi..

"No no... stop... don't do that.." she said and caressed my face. "Crazy..." she said trying not to smile.

"So... do you still hate me?" I asked but she just stayed silent. Oh princess is playing tough. I took her hands again and hit my face.

"Bad Amber... look at what you did, your princess still hates you." I said while continuing this silliness and faking a painful expression.

"Hey... stop... I don't hate you anymore..." she said while giggling. Haha! The princess finally melted.

 

Krystal's POV

How can a person stay mad at her? She's playful and funny, not to mention crazy. Haha! She really knows how to thaw my icy heart. I looked at her and touched her face. She has this dorky grin again but she's still lovely. My handsome Amber, my Amber.

"You're such a dork, do you know that?" I said while pinching her cheeks. I really love pinching her cheeks.

"And you're such a..."

"Such a what?"

"Such a princess.. Haha!" she said and pecked my lips. "A jealous princess." she said and hugged me immediately. "Hihi... just kidding... you might walk out this time." I smiled and returned her hug.

"Scared?" I said teasingly.

"Of course.." she said looking straight to my eyes. "...but you will come back, right?" I nodded and hugged her tighter. 

"I'll never walk out on you, Am."

"Me too." After this fluffy moment, we sat again on the couch and watched TV.

"Am, could you hand me my bag please." I said.

"Oh... it's heavy... what's in there?"

"Ah.. this." I said and took out the book that L oppa gave me. "It's from L oppa. He said it's her birthday present for me."

"Mm... Eleanor and Park... wow... He knows what you like."

"Yeah... but I won't read it."

"Why?"

"Because it's from him."

"Eh? Then what will you do with this?"

"I don't know... giveit to someone else... or throw it."

"Hey... keep it... it's his present.."

"Am... I don't want it.."

"Then... just put it in a box."

"Okay... you know... he told me to expect more things from him..."

"Really?"

"Yeah... he asked me what other books I like reading and also movies I like watching.." 

 

Amber's POV

L, so competitive... but it's clear that Krystal is not interested in anything he is doing so I don't need to worry.

"Ah... then... if he gives you something... just accept them."

"What? So it means what he's doing is okay with me.."

"No... you're just being kind. He knows that you already have a girlfriend."

"Okay..." she answered and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Oh... about your birthday, what's your plan?"

"Uhm... you are busy, Sulli and the unnies are also busy, even I am busy... so I'm thinking... to not celebrate at all."

"What? I wouldn't let that happen. We need to celebrate."

"But how? All of us won't have time." she said while intertwining our fingers.

"We'll make time of course, okay? She just nodded her head.

"Let me have a nap first here, okay?"

"Alright. Sleep first." I said. I started her hair until she falls asleep. After a few minutes, my phone beeped.

From: Victoria Noona

         Is Krystal still there?

To: Victoria Noona

         Yes noona, she fell asleep. I will bring her there after a few minutes.

From: Victoria noona

         Okay, thank you.

 

After two weeks, she won't be in my arms like this. Sigh... I set my alarm for 15 minutes. I looked at her sleeping face, hugged her tight and closed my eyes.

 

 

Author's note: I know you guys wanna kill me right now for always updating late. Sorry. So for this chapter, it didn't have much... I hope you guys aren't disappointed. I'll proofread later for errors, okay? Comment please. Comments help a lot and give inspiration.