Chapter 45

Make Your Move

"Yah Key! Are you sure we will not fall?" asked Victoria while tightly gripping the handles on the banana boat.

"Yeah noona, if, you hold on really well." snickered Key.

"What?!" exclaimed the oldest one and made the rest laugh. All of them are now on the banana boat with Jonghyun and Key on the last part, Minho and Onew in front, and the six in the middle. Luna and Sulli were nervous as usual but Krystal wasn't much since Amber was with her. 

"Am, we won't drown, won't we?" asked Krystal with her hands on Amber's life vest.

"Of course not, don't worry." said Amber. "Now hold on to the handles." Krystal did what Amber said.

"Everyone ready?" asked the man on the jet ski.

"YEAH!" 

"LET THE WAVY RIDE, BEGIN!" The motor of the jet ski roared and the boys and girls jolted behind. 

"WUHOO!!! NOONAS! LOOSEN UP AND ENJOY THE RIDE!" shouted Key noticing Luna and Victoria were a bit tensed. They were going in circles catching waves and enjoying the heat.

"PRINCESS, ARE YOU OKAY?" asked Amber turning her head slightly towards the back to see Krystal.

"YES! THIS IS SO COOL! IT'S JUST LIKE OUR JET SKI RIDE BUT MORE INTERESTING BECAUSE OF THIS BOAT. HAHA!" Amber smiled knowing that Krystal is enjoying this activity. She really loves it when her princess is happy. The ride is almost finished which means it's time for the best part.

"NOW, WHEN I SAY LET GO, LET GO OKAY?" said the man on the jet ski and everyone nodded. "1, 2, 3 LET GO!!" As soon as the girls and boys removed their hands from the handles, the man turned the jet ski in a fast pace making them lose their balance and fall into the water. They were so surprised because of the unexpected ending but all of them loved it.

"Wow!!! That's the best ride I've ever had!" exclaimed Luna.

"I told you it would be fun noona!" said Onew.

"Hahaha! Yah kids, I suddenly felt hungry because of this ride. Wanna grab some snack?" asked Victoria.

"HOORAY!" cheered everyone. They were brought back to the shore and went directly to a store to buy fruits and chips.

"So, we're going back to the city tomorrow, let's do more activities together. I want this trip to really be a memorable one especially because we are with The Strings'." said Sulli while giggling.

"Aaw..." said the guys with  girly voices.

"True. This trip became more than what I expected. I enjoyed more because you guys are with us." said Krystal.

"Hmm... what else can we do together? The sun is still bright, we could go snorkeling." suggested Amber.

"Snorkeling?" asked Victoria.

"Ah... noona, snorkeling is fun because we would go to an area where there are a lot of fish and we could see them with our snorkels." explained Amber.

"Yeah Umma I think that would be a great idea." said Krystal.

"And then at night, we could visit a bar... maybe.." said Minho while looking at Victoria. "If it's alright with noona, of course." All the younger ones looked at the Chinese girl with puppy eyes.

"Stop that! Okay okay... but not too much! Understand?"

"Yeah!!!" After eating, they rode the boat going to the snorkeling site. Throughout the ride, they did nothing but take pictures, usually wacky ones since it was very hard to get a good angle in a narrow boat. Amber and Krystal decided to sit in front near the entrance to get a better view of the sea. 

"Yah love birds, look over here!" called out  Victoria. The couple turned their heads and showed a lovely couple pose.

"Aaw... this couple is really adorable." muttered Luna.

"Here we are!" shouted their guide. "We are now in the Island."

"Ooh..." 

"So where can we snorkel sir?" asked Taemin.

"There, you just need to swim a little."

"Swim? I don't know how..." said Luna.

"Me too." said Sulli.

"Don't worry, you just need to wear the vests and paddle your feet." They now prepared themselves for snorkeling. The boys taught Victoria, Luna and Sulli how to use the snorkel goggles while Amber and Krystal were happily taking photos of themselves with snorkels on. When all of them were ready, they slowly walked through the water until there is no sand anymore. Victoria, Luna and Sulli panicked a little but the guys quickly assisted them. Krystal and Amber automatically held hands and swam together. When they looked down, they saw the beauty of marine life. There are many kinds of fish, giant clams, corals, and urchins. Everything was breath-taking and all of them just expressed their excitement by pulling, tapping, or tugging each other. It was already around 4:00 so the group decided to head back to the beach. While on the boat, they talked about the things they saw underwater.

"I saw Nemo!!!" exclaimed Sulli.

"And I saw the blue one... what's its name? asked Victoria.

"Dory!" exclaimed Sulli and Taemin at the same time. Key, the ultimate teaser teased them.

"Minho, let me see our pictures." said Jonghyun trying to reach for the camera. Krystal noticed her Amber just silently laughing at her friends.

"Hey, why are you so quiet." asked Krystal.

"Nothing, I'm just savoring this moment. I observe everything so I can remember them well." Amber answered with a smile.

"Oh... is that why you stare at me a lot?" sasked Krystal jokingly.

"Haha! Yes... so I can memorize every detail of your face." answered Amber. There was silence before Amber spoke again. "This place is really beautiful princess. This is the most memorable birthday celebration ever. Thanks to you." Amber said sincerely.

"You know... I never thought I could do these things... you know... being an ice princess and all... so I sometimes get surprised with myself, too. Hihi... But, because of you, I learned that I can be sweet towards someone, I can prepare surprises like this, so thank you, too... for letting me do these things for you. Thank you for appreciating everything." The couple smiled at each other and hugged tightly while looking at the sunset. The group went to the cottage to take a shower and rest for a while. It was a long day for everyone but it's not over yet. 

While Amber was drying her hair, her phone suddenly rang.

Amber's POV

*Mom calling...*

"Hello mom!"

"Happy Birthday my baby!"

"Thanks mom! The guys and I are here in Jeju Island with Krystal and her members!"

"Really? Wow! Let me talk to Krystal!"

"Wait mom, let me check on her." I went to Krystal and Sulli's room and knocked.

"Princess, are you done? Mom wants to talk to you..."

"Really? Wait wait!" shouted Krystal on the other side. She opened the door and excitedly grabbed the phone. "Auntie? Hello!"

"Hello Krystal! How are you?"

"I'm fine Auntie! How about you? I wanna visit you again!"

"Then you and Amber should come by soon!"

"Yes auntie, as soon as we have a vacant time, we will come again."

"Thank you for taking care of my baby, Krystal." Krystal looked at me and giggled. I wonder what my mom said.

"You're welcome, Auntie. Hihi." Krystal handed the phone back to me.

"Mom?"

"Hey, where are the boys? I miss them too."

"Mom, let's just change to video call, okay?" I quickly changed the call mode and went to the living room where everybody is right now. "Guys, say hi to mom!"

"AUNTIE!!!"

"Haha! Hello boys, it's been a while since I saw you in our garage."

"Do you watch us auntie?" asked Key.

"Of course I do. You guys look so handsome on TV." 

"Especially me, right auntie?" boasted Minho.

"Hahaha! All of you are handsome for me."

"And mom, these are Krystal's group members, Victoria noona, Luna noona, and Sulli!"

"Hello auntie.. hihi..." the girls greeted shyly.

"Oh such pretty ladies! Nice to meet you all!"

"Auntie!" Krystal suddenly popped herself up on the screen. All of us laughed at what she did including mom.

"Hi Krystal! You look good in your black hair and you got bangs! Oh so pretty!"

"Thank you auntie!"

"Well anyway, I'd better hang up now so you guys could do your activities! Bye bye!"

"BYE BYE AUNTIE!" After the call, we all went out to have dinner and a few drinks.

Restaurant by the shore

"Hey... I'm letting you guys drink but not too much, you can only have two bottles, okay?" We all nodded and ordered our meals. Throughout dinner, we were just sharing stories, some serious ones but mostly funny ones. The guys shared all the crazy things we did during highschool. The noonas can't stop laughing when we told them what we did during our History class.

"So... our History teacher is very strict." Key said. "He just wants us to listen to him talk about World History which is not a very interesting topic for us. However, we found a way to stay interested in his class.

"This teacher has a habit of picking his nose, consciously or unconsciously while teaching. The six of us noticed this after a week so we made a deal to have a Mr. History's nose-picking counter! Haha!" continued Onew. 

"Then after the class, we would compare our notebooks to see if we counted correctly. It was so funny!" said Taemin.

"Then one time, he noticed us looking at him intently. He then praised us saying, "Why don't you students be like them. They are listening to me with all their hearts. They even jot down notes!" he said pointing at us. We could only hold our laughter. Hahaha!" said Jonghyun.

"He thought we were listening attentively to his lecture but in reality, we were just waiting for his finger to go inside his nose!!!" exclaimed Minho.

"So since then, we were always excited for History!" I said which made the guys agree with me.

"You were so naughty!" said Krystal and pinched my cheek.

"At least we didn't skip History." I defended and stuck my tongue out.

"Okay everybody, I'm going to the cottage now because I'm already tired. Don't stay out so late, okay?" said Vic noona. "Taemin, can you help me lift this baby here?" she said pointing at Sulli who's now sleeping on Vic noona's shoulder. I think the alcohol was too strong for her.

"Me too unnie... I screamed a lot today. Keke.." said Luna noona. Hihi.. She is really bubbly even when she's tired. 

"How about you guys?" I asked the boys and they said they'll go too.

"So I guess we'll all go now, right?" I said looking at Krystal. She nodded and acted like a baby.

"Am, can you give me a piggy back ride?" asked my princess. Haha! I didn't answer. Instead, I turned around and bent down.

"Hop on Princess Jung Soojung." She chuckled and happily hopped on my back.

"Wait dude, give me your phone, this calls for a good photo!" said Jong. We posed and went to the cottage.

 

Krystal's POV

I like how Amber and I comfortably express ourselves. We don't care if other people are watching. Before, I feel really conscious when there are a lot of people around me but now, because of Amber, I don't feel afraid anymore... I guess because Amber is not afraid to express what she feels. She maybe shy at times but she shows what she is and she is always proud. I'm really grateful for having her.

We are now in the cottage and Amber and I decided to stay in the living room since we're not sleepy yet. We were just looking at our photos when suddenly her phone rang for a video call.

"Hello Jackie?"

"Yow yow yow baby sis! Happy Birthday to the weirdest sister of all time!" I giggled at how her sister greeted Amber.

"Haha thanks! Hey Jack! How's LA?" asked Amber smiling widely at the screen. She really misses her sister.

"You know, people are still speaking English here! Haha!"

"Oh Jack, I want you to meet someone." Amber said pulling me close to her. "Jackie, meet Krystal, my one and only princess!"

"Oooh... Hi Krystal! Finally, my sister had the guts to date you!"

"Hi! Haha! Nice to meet you Jackie!"

"Nice to meet you too! But, I was just wondering... what did you see in this dork of a sister I have?"

"What else, my awesomeness!" said Amber which made Jackie's eyes roll. The sisters talked for a few minutes while I listen to their funny conversation. Jackie is so cool like Amber.

"Well Amdork, I need to go to school now, good bye! Good bye Krystal!"

"Good bye Jackie!" I said.

"Good bye Jack, love you!" said Amber. After the call, Amber and I just stared at each other.

"I would love to meet her personally Am." 

"You will.. she'll visit soon." she said. We stayed on the couch for a few more hours.

"Am... hum a song please... our song..." She hummed my favorite song, I Just Wanna. Her voice just calms me down and my eyes started to get heavy.

 

Amber's POV

I really love it when she falls asleep in my arms like this. She fits perfectly here. I waited for midnight. My day is finally over and it was filled with beautiful memories. I gently poked Krystal's cheek to wake her up.

"Princess, you need to sleep in your room now..."

"Hmm? Okay..." she lazily stood up wrapped her arms around my waist, leaned her body against mine and rested her head on my chest. "I really like your warmth." I smiled and hugged her back.

"Princess, put your feet on mine so I could walk while hugging you." I said and she followed. If anyone was watching us, he would think we look funny but it's okay. Haha!

"Good night my princess. Lie down now." I said giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Good night Am. See you in the morning." She said with her eyes closed.

My 25th birthday... the best birthday ever.

 

 

Author's note: Hello! Sorry for the late update! I've been busy watching Jessica and Krystal episodes. Hihi..and I can't wait to see My Lovely Girl. I hope I could find one with English subs. Anyway, please enjoy this chapter and comment what you think. I need to know your opinions! <3