Short pants and cold showers

I remember

(Shin Hye)

"Do you want to sleepover at my house tonight? We can watch movies and make my brother be our slave," Min Jung asks, grinning cheekily. I laugh at her silliness.

"Sure, but I have to go home to get my clothes first," I sigh. She shakes her head. 

"I can just lend you mine," She says in a 'duh' tone. I agree so we go to her house straight away after school. I notice a pair of unfamiliar shoes before we enter her house. It can't be that girl again... Can it? I suddenly dread going in. I do my best to stall for time by looking at the flowers. I only enter because Min Jung pokes her head out to ask me why am I not entering. To my relief, it is actually the twin's cousin. Her name is Lee Jae Na. She travels all the way to Seoul from Busan to pass the family some fresh food products and radish kimchi her mother made because her mother asked her to. She is really pretty and her accent is just so cute. I really like Busan accent after watching Reply 1997. We greet each other and she leaves right after because she has to hurry home before the sky turns dark. Min Jung tells me that although Jae Na is really nice, they aren't very close probably due to the fact that they stay miles away but they still speak to each other occasionally via text. 

We go up to the room after greeting the twin's parents and start to plan the movies we're going to watch. Min Jung pours out all the dvds in the box and I smack her for the mess she made. I hate being messy. 

"Let's change now, uniforms are really uncomfortable," Min Jung complains and proceed to strip in front of me because we are close and have even showered together before. I do the same. "Do you want shorts or sweatpants?"

I think about it carefully. I want to wear the sweatpants but there are heaters in the house and her sweatpants are too long for me because she's taller than me so I choose the shorts. It is pretty short it stops right below my but I just have to be careful not to raise my legs. After changing she tells me to go down first to set up the movie so we can quickly watch one before dinner. I do as she says while she goes and order some pizzas. 

"Pepperoni for me!" I shout before going down. Min Ho is lying on the sofa when I go down and he immediately sits up when he sees me. I throw him a smile and go and put the dvd in. 

"Throw me a cushion, will you?" He asks softly. I throw him one and keep one for myself. "What movie are you watching anyway?"

"Secretly greatly," I grin. He rolls his eyes at me causing me to frown at him. He takes the cushion and lies back down. I stand up and walk over to the seat beside him and plop myself down. "I really love this sofa." 

I catch him rolling his eyes again but this time, he smiles at me. I grin back. The doorbell rings then and Min Jung rushes to answer it. She comes back with two boxes of pizza that smell like heaven. I jump up to get some. Min Ho uses his hand to gesture for me to take one for him. I glare at his laziness but take one for him anyway. Min Jung gives me a pat on the shoulder, causing me to look at her.

"You should let him beg for it, like a dog," She smirks and I laugh really hard. Min Ho pushes her off the sofa, making me laugh even harder. I lied on the floor laughing and kicking the air until my stomach becomes really sore and I am tearing. "Oppa!!!!!!"

She kicks his leg when she gets up from the floor and starts the movie, cutting our laughter off. The movie is too nice, especially with Kim Soo Hyun in it. I cry as I watch the ending and Min Jung is weeping on the floor. Min Ho is shaking his head at our behaviour and he goes up to the second floor. After a minute, I hear sounds of water so I know he is showering. After the movie, Min Jung climbs onto the sofa drowsily and falls asleep within minutes. I am left alone and I don't know what to do so I decide to go up to shower. Min Ho exits the toilet the same time I exit Min Jung's room with clothes and towel. I am so glad he isn't half- although I am also slightly disappointed. What am I thinking... 

The doorbell rings and Min Ho rushes down to answer it. Another male voice can be heard so I guess his friend is here. He walks up with a guy I haven't seen before. Min Ho introduces him as Joon. Joon smiles and waves at me and I return the smile. They then disappear into Min Ho's room. Seconds later, Min Ho walks out toward the stairs but before he goes down, he turns to look at me. He walks toward me all of a sudden. I move back instinctively. He reaches his hand out and pull my shirt that had ridden up to my stomach down and then he pushes me against the wall. It surprises me and the proximity between us causes a sudden increase in my heart rate. My breathing quickens slightly. 

"Don't you wear such shorts in the house ever again," He lowers his head to whisper in my ear and my heart feels like it's about to explode since it's pounding so hard. I'm sure my heart rate is about the same as Do Min Joon's when Chun Song Yi kissed him and we are not even kissing. I can smell him too. He smells so masculine and fresh as usual. He then pull his head back to look at me. I can't help it as I look down to his lips. It looks so kissable. I know if we separate now it'll be awkward later on so I do the only thing I can think of - kick his leg. "Ow! What is with you?!"

"No, what is with YOU?" I shout and step on his feet before going into the toilet. I turn on the tap, thinking it's hot water but to my surprise it is icy cold. I yelp and jump back. Is this what he showered in just now? Ice cold water? That crazy idiot, the weather is so cold right now how can he even shower in this? He's really crazy. What if he fall sick? I wait for the heater to work and then have a nice, warm shower. While showering, my mind wanders off by itself as usual. I keep on thinking about the scene that happened just now. Why did he do that? My feelings are all jumbled up. I feel messed up. He is getting my hopes up again. Was he as affected as I was? Does he like me? Am I just thinking too much? Guys normally don't do that to a girl they don't like right? This makes me think about him doing it to Ae Ri and I start to get angry again. I'd rather him not like me than him doing that to her. He really can't. I've never ever hated a person without knowing them. This is the first time it's happening. 

I get out of the shower and put on the oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts I borrowed from Min Jung. Why should I care about what he wants right? If I want to wear shorts, I will wear shorts. Min Jung walks up the stairs and sees me grinning cheekily to myself. She gives me a look that tells me that she thinks I'm crazy. I shake my head.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm just rebelling," I grin. She continues to give me that look and then proceeds to walk into her room. I took the chance to poke my tongue out at her back. What she says next shocks me.

"Don't poke your tongue out at me." She then turns back to give me a smirk before disappearing into her room. I guess she really knows me very well.