Operation Break-Them-Up

I remember

(Ae Ri)

"Can't believe I'm officially with her now," Min Ho beams at Kyung San. I gasp, and quickly shut up in case they could hear me. My legs are tired from squatting and I'm tired of looking like a freaking spy here. I've been hiding here since thirty minutes ago and I'm afraid to make noise because it's so quiet here. Any noise will give away my position and they will know that I'm eavesdropping. It's not intentional though, because I came in here to find some art supplies for my art class later on but just when I crouched down to take something, the two of them entered the room. I wasn't sure who it was at first and I was pretty scared it's a teacher but I realised it's them after hearing their voice. I know it must be a secret if they had to come here to talk because normally they would just shout across the class to each other.

"Can't believe I'm officially with her too!" Kyung San smiles, causing Min Ho to glare at him slightly. I can see them sitting on the table from the place I'm in. The two most handsome guys in our school are attached? What in the world. I don't really care if Kyung San is attached but I care about Min Ho. How can he be attached? He's supposed to be mine. Who is his girlfriend anyway? Is it that girl? The one with big eyes that's always over at his house? It has to be her. That day in the cafe, it was pretty damn obvious that she liked him. She kept looking our way and glared at us when she thought we weren't looking but I was.

"Isn't she gorgeous?" Min Ho asks, his voice dreamy. 

"Yeah, but Min Jung will always be prettier to me than Shin Hye, you know," Kyung San teases, causing Min Ho to laugh and whack his arm. 

"You can't blurt this out or anything okay? Min Jung must never know," Min Ho says seriously. Kyung San nods. I smirk. I know exactly what I'm going to do from now on. Operation Break-Them-Up is on.

 

(Shin Hye) 

I smooth down my little black dress. I should leave now. I slip on a pair of white sneakers, grab my little sling bag and leave the house. I walk out to the nearest cafe to realise he's already there and here I am walking slowly because I left home early. I run over and into his opened arms. Hugging him will never get old because it feels so secure, so warm, so nice and just so right. It's different from hugging Jae Min. That was more of a friendly hug but this, it really makes me want to melt.

"I missed you," Min Ho murmurs into my hair. It's been awhile since I've been to their house because I was so busy with school work. I see a quick flash when I open my eyes. I must have seen it wrongly because after closing my eyes for awhile to enjoy the moment, the sudden brightness must have been mistaken by me as flash. I toss the thought away, not wanting to ruin the moment.

"I missed you too," I say back. We pull away and the warmth from the hug is gone in an instant. I suddenly feel a little cold but I try not to show it.

"You look so beautiful," He compliments and I smile at that. "Why are you wearing a sleeveless with no outerwear? Why didn't you bring a jacket or something? Do you want to freeze to death?"

I frown at him, spoiling a nice moment just like that. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I discreetly smile at how nice it feels.

"I know why you didn't bring an outerwear today. It's an excuse for me to never stop touching you right?" He teases causing me to blush like hell. I glare at him but it's hard to take a person with flushed cheeks seriously.

"It's not like that!" I deny but deep inside, I know he's kind of right. "You are so mean."

We continue to bicker jokingly while walking to a nearby restaurant for dinner. As we enter, the smell of seolleongtang hits my nose, causing my mouth to salivate excessively. It smells so good I just can't wait to dig in already. We order one seolleongtang each and some stir-fried beef as well. The food is as good as the smell. It's heavenly. This restaurant is so near my house yet I don't know why I've never been here before. I've never known about this restaurant because whenever my family and I eat out, we just eat at the usual restaurant we go to all the time. 

"Thank you for bringing me here," I smile at him. He ruffles my hair, causing me to swat his hand away. I send him a glare, and he puts his hands on his lap immediately and bite his bottom lip. "Not cute, you silly boy!"

My swift actions help me to quickly take a picture of him doing that and I silently applaud for myself in my mind. A mental standing ovation. 

"Hey!" He pouts. "Delete it or else."

"Or else? What are you going to do?" I tease. "What are you going to do? I'm so afraid!" 

Before I know it, he stands up and bends over the table, holds my face with his hands and kisses me right on the lips. It is so sudden and my eyes widen at his action. He pulls away and sits back down while I'm still in a daze. After snapping out of the daze I quickly look around and see people looking at us. I cover my face with my hands, embarrassed. My face must be beet red right now. 

"I hate you," I mutter, it sounds muffled behind my hands so I think he didn't hear it but he did.

"Should I do it again so you will love me?" He smirks. I glare at him through the gaps of my fingers but pause when I realise he said love. Love? Do I love him? I pretend to not think about it and he doesn't seem to think about it either. We carry on bickering and just chatting until it's getting pretty late. "Let's go?"

I nod and he head to the counter to pay for the meal without my knowledge as I was keeping my stuffs. I wanted us to split the bill but he beat me to it and paid for everything.

"I'm treating you the next time, okay?" I say sternly. He beams at me while wiggling his eyebrow.

"Is this your way of saying you want another date?" I blush.

"Idiot," I mutter. I walk ahead without waiting for him and he runs after me, laughing.

 

(Min Jung) 

I am in bed, texting Kyung San when I receive a message from an unknown number.

[Unknown: Do you want to know a secret?]

[Me: What secret? Who are you?]

[Unknown: I can't tell you who I am but someone close to you is keeping something from you. Don't you want to know?]

It starts to scare me. Who is this person? Does she know me? Wait, obviously he or she does but we must not be close because I have all the numbers of people who are close to me. 

[Me: Yes, I do want to know but you might either be lying or you would want something in return right?]

[Unknown: I do want something in return but I'll tell you for free.]

I don't reply until the person sends me a few pictures. I look at them over and over in disbelief. Tears gather in my eyes as I sit there, feeling utterly betrayed. 

 

 

(A/N: Seolleongtang is ox-bone soup for those who don't know :> I won't be able to upload as often because I have tests T.T)