Title? The frequent visitor. Period.

I remember

(Min Ho)

I can't believe she saw the video. I shouldn't have borrowed it from Kyung San. Her image of me must be ruined now and I don't think I can face her again. And what's worse is that she comes to my house almost everyday. My parents love her and want her over as much as possible. I can't avoid her even if I wanted to.

"Shin Hye, you're here again," Mom smiles and hugs her briefly. "Are you hungry? I just made kimchi pancakes."

"Sure! Thank you eomonim!" She smiles back and follows after mom. Her smiles... When she smiles like that it makes me melt. I wish I was the receiver of her smiles. Hungry, I follow after them. Mom sets three plates and piles two of them with three pancakes and one of them with four. She then passes the one with more pancakes to Shin Hye. She smiles at Shin Hye and gesture for her to eat.

"If it's too little, take some from Min Ho," Mom smirks.

"Eomma! You are so unfair. Have you forgotten who your children are?" I ask jokingly, frowning. Mom just rolls her eyes at me before walking away. Shin Hye giggles slightly and it is like melody to my ears. So adorable. I look at her but she looks down instead and continues to eat. I take my plate to my room to eat and study at the same time. My phone rings right when I'm done eating the pancakes.

"Hello?"

"Come play ball with us!" Kyung San says. Since I've nothing much to do, I agree and tell them I'll meet them in fifteen minutes at the basketball court near all our houses. I quickly change into my jersey and shorts. I go down to find Min Jung and Shin Hye watching a movie.

"I'm going out! Will be back for dinner!" I holler to let my mom know because I don't know which part of the house is she in. Right as I am about to leave, mom comes out from the kitchen.

"If you have money, go to the supermarket to get some milk and hot sauce for me when you're coming back, I'll pay you back later," Mom says. I nod and leave.

 

Playing basketball makes me feel so alive yet so tired. It's so contradictive I myself don't get it as well. Since there's still time before dinner, I go to the supermarket to get the stuffs my mom wants. I grab two bottles of milk and hot sauce. As I walk to the cashier, a lady in front of me drops her basket and the things in the basket fall out. I quickly pick it up for her.

"Thank you so much," She smiles at me. She then takes the basket but it seems to be too heavy for her.

"I'll carry it for you," I say as I take it from her hands. It is really pretty heavy. I place it on the counter.

"Thank you again!" The lady beams at me. "You're such a good kid!"

I smile back and walk to the next counter to pay. When I reach home, Min Jung tells me that Shin Hye is staying over. Nervousness floods my entire being. It's one thing to stay in the same house with a girl I barely know but it's another to stay with the girl that I've been crushing on since forever. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I call Kyung San to see if I can crash at his place but the spare room is taken up by his sister and brother-in-law and they are having family time right now. Feeling full after dinner, I decide to draw. It's something I do that no one knows about, not even my family. I can draw really well, but I draw things that are close to or in my heart like... her. I have many drawings of her, from when she was ten till now. I never want to forget how she looked like when she was little because she was and still is so adorable.

 

(Shin Hye)

"Hey, wake up," Min Jung chirps as she shakes me lightly. I crack open an eye and the brightness of the room hurts my eye so I quickly shut it. I nod while dozing off again. How does she manage to be so bright and cheerful early in the morning? "I'm going out to buy some breakfast because eomma went out and appa has gone to work. Wake up soon okay?"

I nod again and go back to sleep again. I wake up after a short while because I feel super uncomfortable. I tame my crazy bed hair as much as I can before heading out to the toilet. I don't want him to see my bed hair. I find out that the reason I feel uncomfortable is because of my period. It came while I was sleeping. How am I going to go and get a pad when I didn't bring any and I have no idea where Min Jung keeps hers? What a morning. As I sit on the toilet and try to think of an idea, someone knocks the toilet door.

"Hurry up," Came Min Ho's voice. He sounds like he just woke up too.

"Erm... Excuse me, is Min Jung back yet?" I ask.

"She went out? I don't think she's back yet. Why?"

"I need her to help me with something..."

"What is it?"

"I... I... My..." I trail off. I can't bring myself to say it. It is too embarrassing and weird.

"You what?" He urges.

"MyperiodcameIneedapad," I say as quickly as possible, hoping that he catches it yet hoping he doesn't. There is a moment of silence after that. I hear him walking away and I mentally curse at myself for scaring him away. Moments later he walks back.

"Can you... open the door?" He asks. I quickly pull up my pants and walk over to open the door slightly. He smiles slightly at me and passes me a selection of pads plus a new , which causes me to mentally applaud him. Wow. I never knew guys dare to touch pads, let alone hold them. I quickly take them, thank him and close the door. He chuckles slightly. "That's new so you can use it. And in case you didn't realise, I have a sister so I am used to this type of problems."

I bite my lower lip in embarrassment. I'm sure my face is the colour of a riped tomato. Although I'm so embarrassed, I'll act normal so it won't be awkward at the very least. As soon as I come out of the toilet, Min Ho rushes in. He must be so urgent and it makes me feel bad that I took so long inside. Just then, Min Jung walks up the stairs. She beams at the sight of me being awake.

"Come and have breakfast!" She says as she pulls me along with her to the dining room. "Oppa, come down soon! I bought burgers!"

Looking at the amount of food Min Jung bought, I wonder if she's actually buying for an entire family. She catches me looking at the food in surprise and she chuckles.

"My brother eats a lot for breakfast so don't be surprised," She simply says. She then points at random burgers. "Choose any!"

I randomly take one, unwrap it and start to eat it. While eating we chat about random stuffs and also spaz over our favourite celebrities. Just as I swallow my food, Min Ho descends from the stairs wearing just boxers. It causes me to choke on the burger and I start coughing crazily. Min Jung flies out of her chair and rush over to me to pat my back. She hands me water and I gulp it down desperately. Min Ho must've realised he was half- so he rushes up to get dressed decently, thank God. I sincerely pray that he will remember to keep his shirt on or I'll turn into a permanent tomato.

 

(A/N: I'm really thankful for all you readers <3 I'll try to update more often!)