Giving in, just slightly

I remember

(Shin Hye) 

My eyes flutter open at the strong presence of sunlight as it streams in through the window. There's something warm wrapping around my body, kind of like bacon wrapping around sausages, but because my eyelids are still heavy with sleep and I am too lazy to open them, I just ignore it before attempting to go back to sleep. It doesn't feel bad at all anyway, and it's cozy and warm as well. It's  just Min Jung anyway, but when we have sleepovers she normally doesn't do this. I ignore it anyway because I'm really too tired to care. My head feels weirdly heavy.

Just as I am about to fall asleep again, the door flies open, slamming hard on the wall. I groan as the slamming sound rings in my ear. Which idio-

"Oh my god!" A voice that sounds so much like Min Jung's shrieks. "Oh my god, please tell me you guys are still a !"

I sit up at the speed of light and regret it immediately because my head feels super light suddenly. I realise that it's Min Ho who's wrapped around me and I quickly scramble away from him, for fear that we did something wrong. He stirs, sits up and rubs his eye while giving both of us a nod as a good morning greeting, acting like us sleeping together isn't a big deal.

"Sister, please, we're fully clothed," Min Ho sighs with his brows furrowed, as though he can't believe he has such a dumb sister. I chuckle, temporarily forgetting about the fact that we've slept together the entire night. Min Jung huffs and crosses her arms, pouting at him.

"I'm just joking, stop being so uptight," She grumbles. She turns to me and shakes her head at my hair. "Look at your hair. It's an ideal habitat for birds."

I glare at her before quickly attempting to tame my crazy bedhair with my fingers. Min Ho turns and smirks at me. "It's y, kind of like after hair. Even ier because it's you."

I am stuck between being embarrassed and being pissed. I decide to give him a payback.

"y like the girls in your stash of adult videos?" I smirk back. If he thinks he can embarrass me like that, he's got another thing coming. As expected, his face turns beet red and he starts coughing crazily. I pat his back really hard, giving him an evil smile. Min Jung gasps.

"Oppa you watch ?" Min Jung asks in shock. "I mean, well, you're a guy but it's still kind of weird seeing as you're my brother! Oh my god I'm so scarred."

"It's not mine, it's Kyung San's. Your boyfriend has a huge stash," He sighs dramatically after his cough stops. Min Jung looks horrified as she turns and runs out of the room, probably to confront her boyfriend. Min Ho turns to me and gives me a playful glare. "You had to say that in front of her? I'm just thankful though, that my beautiful girlfriend isn't making a big deal out of it!"

I laugh, speechless. "I can't do anything since you're a guy and guys have needs."

He slings his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I can feel his warm breath down my neck and my skin tingles at that. We stay like this for awhile before going to wash up. It's a pity I have to leave his warm and toasty embrace. 

 

(Min Ho)

I step out of the shower when my phone rings. I pick it up quickly without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I greet into the phone while using the tower to dry my hair.

"Min Ho-ah! It's Eomma," My mother cries. "I miss you and Min Jung so much."

"We miss you too Eomma," I sigh, already feeling heartbroken for my mom. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay, don't worry about me. Come home tonight please? Your dad wants to speak with both of you," Mom pleads. I sigh once again before telling her that I will discuss it with Min Jung and then get back to her about it. We hang up the phone and I quickly put on my clothes before heading out of the bathroom. I find Min Jung lying down in the living room watching cartoons and laughing like mad. I mentally roll my eyes at her. Although we are born few minutes apart with me heading out first, our mentality seems to be years apart, with me being the more mature one of course. I prod her with my toe three times before successfully getting her attention. She turns back and glares at me.

"What?" She pouts. "You're making me miss the exciting part!"

I scoff at her. "Eomma wants us to go back home tonight because Appa wants to talk to us."

Her eyes widen before she scowls. "Must we? He's only going to force us to go abroad isn't it? If that's the case then let's not go back."

"I don't know... I think that it's time for us to talk though. We can't just run away from this. We have to think of Eomma as well."

She nods her head reluctantly. "Fine, we'll go back after dinner."

I reply my mom, telling her that we'll be back after having dinner outside and she sends me a big smiley face in return which I can't help but smile at. I feel so guilty and upset that my mom is the one getting caught in between all these. She wants to support us yet she can't because she has no say in this decision due to my dad. How conflicted must she be feeling? I decide that when I get home I'll give my mom a big and tight hug. She definitely deserves it.

 

"My children!" Mom cries as she sees us. Both Min Jung and I hug her tightly, telling her that we're sorry for worrying her. She definitely looks more tired and aged and I feel so bad. Our dad clears his throat and we both look at him grimly. 

"Come over here," He says. Our dad, too, looks older and really tired. I feel bad as well, but he started everything. If there's anyone to blame, it's him. 

We walk over and sit near our mom, waiting for him to speak. 

"I know you guys are really against the idea of going abroad to study, so I'm going to give in a little. You will ask Kyung San and Shin Hye to see if they can go abroad to study, and then if Kyung San is allowed to, Min Jung will go. If Shin Hye is allowed to, then Min Ho will go. At least someone will be there to take care of you," He proposes. I look at Min Jung and she looks at me. We both nod, since it'll be better than us going alone. Mom sighs. I know she wants both of us to be here but because of her stubborn husband, we can't.

 

(Shin Hye)

"Eomma, Appa, will you let me go to an America university to study?" I ask. They stop eating and look at me, staring at me weirdly.

"Why do you suddenly ask this?" Dad asks. 

"I feel like going," I lie. The truth is, if it's where Min Ho will be at, then that's where I want to be even if I don't particularly want to go.

"We already have your university funds saved up but it won't be enough for an overseas university," My dad sighs. "We may be well-to-do but we don't have that much as well."

Now I just feel bad for asking such a question. I know how hard my parents have worked to make sure I'll have enough to at least graduate from a university. 

"Plus there's the living expenses to think about," My mom adds. 

"I'm just asking though," I laugh slightly to help ease the tension. I hope my parents won't feel bad about not being able to send me to an overseas university because if that's the case then I'll look ungrateful but I am truly grateful to them. Not every parent will save up for their child's university fund. There are some who just can't be bothered about it and there are some who would rather take the money to go overseas to travel.  "Thank you though, for saving up for my university fees so I won't have to work for it."

 

A/N: So this is a short update because I really have no idea on what to write already T.T So sorry it took so long but i wanted to post one before my holidays end!!! Thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting for lazy me to write up a chapter. I've actually written half of this like a month ago but I couldn't continue it (plus I was busy working) so it took so long. Sorry if this chapter is boring and crappy /: I'll work harder! ): <3 And also, if you have any advice on how I can make this story better please tell me thank youuu <3