Is it fate?

I remember

(Min Ho)

"You are such a downer!" Kyung San mumbles in frustration. "You promised to go karaoke with us!" He is so immature at times which makes him look like a kid despite his big build. I laugh and walk away from my clique. He's one of my best friends and he can be really whiny at times but I don't mind.

I decide to get ddeokbokki for my late lunch because I wasn't hungry during lunch break just now so I didn't eat anything. As I walk to the ddeokbokki stall near my house, I think about her. I wonder how it'll be like if we could just get ddeokbokki together, something like a ddeokbokki date. Two of my favourite things together, how heavenly would it be? Plus that stall sells really delicious ddeokbokki I just can't get enough of it just like how I can't get enough of her. As I get near enough, I notice a familiar figure that caused my heart to flutter and my palms to get sweaty. It's her. Is this fate or what? She does not notice me as she continues to rummage through her bag.

"I'm so sorry Ahjumma, I swear my wallet was here just now," She mumbles as her face turns red in embarrassment. Before my mind can process what I am about to do, I quickly order some ddeokbokki and pay for both our shares. This causes her to look up at me in surprise. Her eyes widen when she sees me. "Erm, t-thank you, I'll pay you back I promise!"

"You don't have to," I quickly say. "It's not expensive anyway." I leave right after with the ddeokbokki in my hand. I don't know why I get so nervous when I see her. I feel like if I don't leave then, I'll blurt out how I feel about her. I can't risk that because it'll be weird and awkward and I'll probably never be able to face her again. Plus, she probably doesn't feel the same way and it'll just be an unrequited love - wait, love? Do I love her? I really don't know. I just really hate myself for being such a girl when it comes to her

When I reach home, I head straight to the kitchen to pour the ddeokbokki into two bowls.

"Min Jung, get your ddeokbokki yourself!" I shout out of the kitchen. She runs in immediately happily.

"Ooooh! It's still hot! Thank you oppa," Min Jung smiles cheekily and ran out after grabbing her bowl of ddeokbokki. I shake my head at how child-like she is but I dread the day she grows into an adult. She'll always be my baby sister even though she's just a few minutes younger than me. I scarf down my food before going to my room to change for a nap. I toss and turn in bed because I can't get her out of my mind. I decide to just do my homework since I know I won't be doing it if I leave it till later. After doing the stupid homework I don't have any time left for a nap because it's already dinner time. During dinner, Min Jung keeps talking about her new friend. I tune out for most of it.

"I'm going to invite her over tomorrow!" She beams. "She's really nice!"

I roll my eyes at her enthusiasm and continue to eat. My parents are really happy for her though, and they keep gushing about how glad they are for her for finding a true friend, which makes me roll my eyes again. My sister is really special. She is so pretty yet not y so people always take advantages of her to be popular then ditch her. It makes me want to smash their faces, which I almost did but I just scared them instead because I don't want to make things difficult for Min Jung. I don't want them to outcast her or hate her for something she didn't do. I am really protective of her because during our birth, she almost died due to my slowness to come out. She didn't die but instead, she was a really weak kid. No one blames me for it of course, but I feel really guilty and I probably always will.

 

I come home after a long day of school to remember Min Jung's friend is coming over. I groan at that because I have to keep my shirt on. It's such a hot day and I'm a guy and all I want is to walk around shirtless. I decide to shower before Min Jung comes home with her friend but I forgot to bring my shirt into the toilet because I am too used to walking around shirtless. I just hope they aren't back yet. After my shower, I put on a pair of sweatpants and quickly rush into my room only to be surprised.

 

(Shin Hye)

 

"So, this is my house!" Min Jung beams at me. I smile back and enter the house shyly. "My room is upstairs! Can you wait for me there?"

"Okay," I nod. I look around the house. It's bigger than mine and it's really clean and neat and homey. I walk up the stairs and see a room near the stairs. I enter it, thinking it's Min Jung's room. It has light blue walls and it doesn't look like it'll be Min Jung's room. I want to exit the room but I notice something under the table. I pick it up, wanting to help but then I realise why it is on the floor under the table after picking it up. It's an adult video.

"Put it down!" A deep voice booms suddenly. It causes me to jump in shock. I turn around and realise it is him, and he is half-. I glance at his body slightly and it is really toned. My face must be red by now.

"I'm so sorry I thought this was Min Jung's room!" I quickly apologise. I don't dare to look up at him as I hand the video over to him. "I saw this on the floor and wanted to help pick it up."

I look up and notice his cheeks are tinted with blush which makes me want to laugh. He is too adorable I just want to pinch his cheeks.

"T-Thanks but this isn't mine... It's my friend's," he stutters, embarrassed. I barely contain my laughter.

"It's okay," I smile at him reassuringly. "I won't tell anyone because I owe you one." Just then, Min Jung walks in. He quickly hides the video behind him.

"Ah I see you've met each other!" She smiles. She then turns to me. "This is my twin, Min Ho. Handsome right? Look at his body!"

My cheeks warm up and I avert my gaze from him. I bow and say hi softly. When I glance up slightly I see that his cheeks are also red.

"This is Shin Hye," Min Jung tells him. "Say hi!"

He also bows and says hi. Min Jung then drags me out of his room to her room. The entire time we hang out, he is on my mind. This is really fate, isn't it?