Saying goodbye

I remember

(Shin Hye)

Tomorrow is the day. I have to leave in twenty six hours. For the whole week, we tried to do almost everything that we've never done before. We go on dates almost everyday, exploring the places as much as we can. I'm dreading tomorrow so bad and so is he. We never mentioned much about me leaving, but every time when we stopped talking, when silence fills the air, the sad vibes come right back. 

"What should we do today?" I ask my boyfriend, who is lying on the couch glumly, flipping through the channels. I bend over so that my face is right above his. He stills and stares into my eyes before closing the tiny gap to kiss my lips. 

"This?" He asks cheekily with a hopeful smile. I stand up straight, roll my eyes and put my hands on my hips, causing him to pout. As much as I like it, now isn't the right time for this. 

"Come on, that can be done at night," I say with a sly grin. "No promises but for now, let's go catch a movie?"

He nods in agreement, grinning like a kid that's gotten a candy. We head to change before leaving for the nearest movie theatre. We choose a romance comedy to watch since we need something funny to cheer us up. After getting the tickets, popcorn, and drinks, the two of us settle into our seats. Min Ho keeps trying to hold my hand but I really want to hold and eat my popcorn so I give him a playful glare to get him to back off. He harrumphs and moves far away from me. I sigh at how immature this guy is. He is so tall, but he acts like a child. It really doesn't fit his image.

"Come here," I call, holding my hand out to let him hold it. He grins brightly and sticks right next to me in seconds.

"You're the best. My jagi is the best," He beams, holding a thumbs up sign. I can't help but chuckle at him. 

"Oh you..." I smile. The moment he grabs my hand tightly, letting our fingers lace together, I feel that my life is complete. We really are similar to jigsaw puzzles, right? 

THE+HEIRS+3_28.jpg


 

As we lie in bed, holding each other close enough to hear each other's heartbeats, the reality hits us hard. It'll probably be another three years before we can do this again. I know I can visit him when I have enough money, but my parents is the problem. They expect me to focus only on studies and my part-time job during the next three years. I will try to convince them but honestly, I think it might be for the better. Let our hearts grow fonder in this period of time when we are separated. If any of us falls out of love or anything like that during this period of time, it will be clear that we aren't meant to be. It may hurt at first but it is better than us getting married and all then realising that we really don't suit each other. It's like a test for us.

I need to have faith that we can overcome anything for the next three years and will be together again after graduation. We can ace this test.

"I must be the best guy ever." I look up from his chest to see him staring at me, wide awake.

"I thought you were asleep," I say softly. He shakes his head. 

"Nope, I can't seem to fall asleep," He admits. I nod, because that's the case for me too.

"Why did you say that anyway?" I ask. He chuckles slightly.

"I am lying here with you in a bed, and I'm not doing anything to you. I'm the model boyfriend and a man."

I push myself away from him slightly and prop myself up with my elbow, smirking at him. "Oh yeah? Your friend says otherwise though."

The triumphant look fades away. His cheeks turn red from embarrassment and he sits up, scratching his head awkwardly. He really looks like a little boy trapped in an adult's body. I can't help but pinch both his cheeks, chuckling at his horrified face. 

"You are ridiculous, Park Shin Hye. How can you pinch my cheeks in this kind of situation huh?" He asks in a serious tone before his smile breaks out. "That's why I love you though."

I beam at him before pointing to the toilet. "I shall not hold you up any longer, my model boyfriend who is so adorable."

He shakes his head and hugs me tight, before giving me a feather light kiss on my forehead. "It's okay."

Him being so considerate makes me feel so guilty because I know what he wants and needs.

"I'm sorry," I frown, looking down. "I'm sorry for not being ready. It's just that, I'm afraid, not so much of the deed, but more of the consequences. What if, just what if, I get pregnant? I'm away from you and I have to attend University and then what am I going to do? I'm not the type of person to abort a baby which means I'll have it. And then what? My baby has to spend his or her initial years without a father. What if my parents kick me out? Also, even if I don't get pregnant, being ually attached on top of emotionally attached is just going to hurt us even more during our separation. Do you understand what I mean?"

He nods, not letting me go but hugging me even tighter, if that's possible. 

"I understand, Shin Hye-ah. That's why I'm not forcing you or anything. I know any of these might happen and I don't want to take the risk either," He says. "Besides, I know I'm not the only one suffering."

My head whips up and I see his triumphant smirk. "Yah!"

 


 

"Did you pack all your clothes?" Min Ho asks while I'm sitting on the luggage, trying to get it to go down so I can zip it. Packing up after a holiday is the worst. 

"Yes."

He takes a look at what I'm doing and bursts out laughing, resulting in me glaring at him. "Why did you buy so much stuffs? Do you even need half of these?"

"It's cheap," I pout. He shakes his head at me while chuckling. 

"Come on. Shin Hye ahjumma, let me do it."

"Ahjumma?! Excuse you but I'm still a student!" Shooting him a glare, I walk out of the room to get a glass of water. After he finished packing up for me, he follows after me and surprises me with a backhug. "Go away."

tumblr_my5vglBO5T1siqvhio1_500.gif

Min Ho whines and I know he is pouting right now. This guy is such a baby. A really tall one. I burst into giggles after turning back and taking a look at his face. Being the nice person I am, I give him a little peck on his cheek.

"Come on, my baby."

"If I'm your baby then you're either a pedo, or this is ," I tease with a straight face. He flicks my forehead, making me scowl in pain. "It hurts!"

"Hmph."

"Are you mad?" I ask, peering up at him and prodding his cheek. He makes a face and I know he's just joking. I laugh but my laughter dies after I take a look at the clock. "We have to leave in ten minutes."

 


 

I delay my check in for as long as possible because I don't want to part with Min Ho. 

"You'll be okay here by yourself right?" I ask, even though I know it won't make a difference. He nods sadly and I wrap my arms around his waist. "I love you."

"I love you too jagiya," He whispers, his voice cracking slightly. I peer up at him but he looks away, not wanting me to see his tears. I reach my hand up to wipe his cheek. 

"Let's stay faithful okay?"

"Of course."

"If you're busy, you don't have to talk to me everyday but leave me a voice message or even a message every week," I tell him. I'm not demanding because relationship that requires a lot of maintanence won't last. "I'll do the same."

"Alright. So I guess this is it," He sighs. A tear slips out of my eye and slid down my cheek. He cups my cheeks and kisses the tear away before planting a gentle kiss on my lips. "Message me when you land okay?"

I nod. "This is goodbye, but it's only temporary. Remember that."

"You too. I love you so much," He stresses. I look down. "Go. Go now before I drag you back to my apartment."

And with that, I turn around and walk away from him. I'm unsure of what the future holds for us, and I'm worried about what I will do without him for years, but I walk away nonetheless.

After all, risks are meant to be taken, isn't it?

 

(Sorry I took so long to update! I'm still having tests /: anyway i've been trying to finish this for a few weeks but i just can't seem to write much ;-; I hope this isn't too y. Thank you to everyone who supports lazy me and my story <3 Please let me know if the flow isn't too smooth or something alright? <3 Also, this story is ending i think........? so I hope I can end it well!!!)