Apologies and more apologies

I remember

(A/N: Yong Hwa will play Jae Min! ^^)

(Min Ho)

"Where are you going?" I ask Min Jung, who's dolled up to perfection. She just grins.

"Somewhere! Bye Oppa, I will be back for dinner," She says cheerily and skips out the door. Skips. Like literally skips. I raise an eyebrow at how cheerful she is.

I can't help but suspect that Min Jung is dating these days. She seems to be in a good mood all the time. She used to be happy but not cheerful to this extent. I should really ask her sometime soon. This makes me think that since it's obvious that Min Jung is dating, it'll soon be obvious that I'm dating Shin Hye. I'm dreading the day to tell Min Jung about it. I hope the girls won't break their friendship because of this relationship. I don't think I can bear the guilt of that. Thinking about dating reminds me of how these few days Kyung San is always busy. Is he dating too? It can't be right? He would've told me.

My phone rings just as I step out of the shower. It's Jong Woo, one of my best friends. He asks me out to do some shopping for clothes and I agree since it's been a while since I've bought new clothes. Plus, I need some new clothes because Shin Hye has already seen most of mine. We agree to meet outside the cafe nearby his house in about fifteen minutes. I quickly put on my clothes and wear my shoes before heading out to meet him. He is already there before me and I run over to meet him. We do the usual guy greeting hug. 

"I want to get a drink first," I say because I am pretty thirsty from walking here. Jong Woo nods and we walk into the cafe. To my surprise, Kyung San is inside. I point at him for Jong Woo to see and we both go over to him only to see him with my little sister. Are they dating...? I look at their joined hands and it confirms my suspicion. Kyung San looks extremely shocked seeing us, especially me, here. Min Jung also jumps when she sees me. They quickly pull their hands away.

"Min Ho, I can explain," Kyung San says. I glare at him.

"Oppa!" Min Jung gasps. She quickly stands up and come over to my side. "Oppa please don't be angry."

"Are you guys dating?" I ask as calmly as I can even though I want to explode there and then. Min Jung looks down in guilt. Kyung San looks away, trying to avoid eye contact with me. "I'm asking you a question!"

"Yes," Kyung San blurts out. It is awkwardly quiet after and Jong Woo pulls me away from them.

He mouths to them 'Let him cool down first'. I feel so betrayed by both Kyung San and Min Jung. I didn't even know they were in touch at all. I walk away glaring at them. Jong Woo and I continue with our plans without much words. When I reach home, Min Jung is already waiting for me in the living room. I walk away but she calls me.

"Oppa," She calls. I reluctantly turn around to look at her. I can tell she has been crying from her swollen eyes and it makes me feel bad. I feel like a bad brother but I have a reason for being like this. "Oppa, I really like him. I'm sorry I had to date your best friend but please give us your blessings, please. It's very important to us."

"You know how much of a flirt he is, Jung ah. I don't want you to end up getting hurt by him," I say, irritated.

"Oppa, I know, but I'm willing to try, to see if he has changed. Please don't only see the bad in him."

"It's not that. It's because I know how is he like. I'm his best friend."

"He told me that he will try his best to never hurt me because he really likes me a lot. Even if I do get hurt, it's my choice. I can only blame myself for it but at least I've tried. So please, Oppa, please," She pleads, her eyes getting teary. I sigh in annoyance and defeat. I walk over to her and give her a light hug.

"Fine but if he hurts you I'm going to kill him, best friend or not," I tell her. She grins and hugs me tighter. She then tiptoe a little to peck my cheek. 

"Thank you thank you thank you! I love you Oppa!" 

I smile and say, "I love you too, Dongsaeng."

 

(Shin Hye) 

I am doing my homework when I receive a message. It's from Jae Min.

[Jae Min: Heyyy, are you free tomorrow? Do you want to hang out? :-)]

I become nervous after seeing the text. I have to tell him now. I don't know how he'll react to the news but I really hope we won't stop being friends because of that. If I could, I wouldn't tell him anything but that's so unfair to him and to Min Ho too. I know I'm really selfish but I really really really like him as a friend and I don't want to lose such a precious friend just like that. My palms are sweating from nervousness.

[Me: Erm, about that, I got together with my crush. You know, Min Jung's brother. I'm sorry... I really am.]

He doesn't reply for awhile and I feel like I will die from all the anxiety and nervousness in me. Is he mad at me? Is he upset? Will he ignore me from now on? Even after ten minutes, there's still no reply. I start pacing around the room until a 'bing' informs me that I have a new message and I run back to my phone. I see his name as the sender and I breathe out a sigh of relief. Finally. I fumble with my phone to check the message quickly. My hands are shaking and I almost deleted the message by accident but thank goodness I didn't. 

[Jae Min: You know that I expected it anyway. You don't have to be sorry at all, silly girl. Of course it's hard for me to accept it now but I will, soon. Don't worry about me okay? I really hope we can still be friends though.]

[Me: Of course we can still be friends. I'm still sorry no matter what you say. I'll talk to you tomorrow, have an early night!]

I sigh. I know he's upset, which is expected. I can just see his disappointed, forlorn face in my mind. I know he expected this to happen but not that fast. Despite what he said, I can still feel the guilt gnawing at me, chomping up my organs. Okay maybe not the organs part but still. I lie down on my bed and look up at the ceiling that's filled with plastic stars that glow in the dark. Jae Min bought that for me a few weeks ago, before he confessed to me. When he bought it, he told me that I should paste them on my ceiling so that whenever I look up, I see stars. He said that I'm like the stars. He said I shone as brightly and beautifully as the stars do at night. Remembering what he said brings tears to my eyes. He is a really good guy and I feel like I've been playing with his feelings although I never ever intended to. Hurting him hurts me too, because I never want to bring pain to him. I clutch my phone close to my chest and murmur apologies until I fall into a dreamless slumber.

 

1310695620_201107151108547070203701_0.jp

(A/N: Thank you to all my subscribers! Thank you for supporting me and for commenting because it really motivates me a lot!!! I appreciate every single subscribe and comment and I love you guys hehe<3)