Patching up

I remember

(Min Jung) 

It's been a week since I last spoke to my best friend and I miss her so much. I only talk to my brother when I have to. I feel so guilty that I'm the reason why he's moping around and I badly want to tell them that I will agree to anything as long as they will be by my side but my stupid pride is getting in the way. I haven't spoken to Kyung San either and I know he's probably mad at me but I'm born stubborn, what can I do about it? I sigh and go down to the kitchen to get a drink of water for my parched throat. 

"Jung ah, why aren't you asleep?" Mom asks out of nowhere, causing me to jump in shock. I almost drop the glass I am holding and I thank God I didn't.

"I'm thirsty. What about you Eomma?" I ask her and she just shakes her head. I raise an eyebrow at her and she smiles at me.

"I'm waiting for you."

I look at her, confusion filled my mind. "Me? What for?"

"I want to talk to you."

"About what? You can talk to me anytime though."

"I want to talk about what happened. You stubborn girl. I know what's going on, you know? I'm no fool. I know why you acted this way but I have to say that you should've acted more mature about it. What's done is done. Do what you have to to save your relationship with your brother, your best friend and your boyfriend. Don't regret it when your relationships are beyond salvage point, you understand me?" Mom says. A tear slids out of my eye and rolls down my cheeks. I try to wipe it as quickly as possible but my mom saw it ultimately. She pulls me into a tight hug, as if trying to give me some strength and courage. I hug her back and whisper a thank you to her. I know she's smiling without having to look at her. 

 

The next morning I leave house early to carry out my salvage plan. I didn't get much sleep last night due to my planning. I was trying to find a way to patch up with my best friend. I know the plan is going to fail because once I see her I will probably forget everything and just say whatever that's going to come on my mind. I may not show it or say it but I miss her too damn much. We were inseparable but we've spent weeks without each other because of my stubborn nature. I press on the doorbell and wait for someone to answer. The door opens revealing Shin Hye. She seems surprised to see me but she hesitantly steps to the side to let me in.

"I'm sorry," I blurt out with all the courage I can muster. "I'm really sorry."

She just sigh, watching me carefully.

"I know I've been really selfish but I want to tell you that I really missed you, so much," I confess. 

"I'm sorry too."

"I acted this way because I was afraid. Before you, I never had real friends and I was afraid to lose the only one I had if something goes wrong between Oppa and you."

Shin Hye smiles at me slightly. "You never have to worry about that, you know. I will never leave you even if something really were to happen between Min Ho and me."

"Will you forgive me then?"

She nods and I hug her really tight. I then ask her to come home with me so she can make things right with my brother.

 

(Shin Hye)

To say Min Ho is shocked when he sees Min Jung and I walking in together is an understatement. He looks at us with his eyes wide opened. Min Jung walks up to him.

"Oppa, I'm sorry for everything and I won't stop you guys from being together anymore. Go apologise to her as well and make up. I'm going to talk to Kyung San," Min Jung says and gives her brother a swift hug before rushing upstairs. Min Ho hesitates for awhile before walking over to me. He looks down nervously.

"Shin Hye, I'm sorry for being that way. You must've felt so hurt and I didn't even consider how you would be feeling at all. Please forgive me," He frowns. I smile at him and hug him, catching him offguard. 

"I miss you," I whisper to him. 

"I miss you too, so so much."

 

"Get the hell off me Lee Min Jung!" I scream and she bursts into laughter. She continues to attempt drawing on my face with a face marker and I squeal in disgust.

"Get it right then!"

We are doing a quiz and whoever gets it wrong will have to suffer a mark on their face. My face is full of purple and black inks. She is so ruthless and so smart. How can she not get any questions wrong? The door suddenly opened revealing Min Ho and he burst into laughter, turning my cheeks bright red but it doesn't matter because there's no way my bare cheeks can be seen after all the marks drawn by Min Jung. I quickly turn to hide my face and mentally curse my best friend. Min Jung joins in the laughter and I have the urge to kill the siblings. 

"Not funny!" 

Someone tugs on my hand and I turn around to see Min Ho. "Let's go clean the marks off."

He drags me to the toilet while I just try to hide my face and he pulls down the toilet cover to make me sit on it. Taking a wet clean cloth, he starts working on wiping the marks off gently. It doesn't even hurt at all despite the pressure he used. His face is so close from mine and I can only look at his face. My eyes trail from his eyes to his lips and I don't realise that he notices it. 

"Why are you looking at my lips? Want to kiss me so badly?" He teases. I quickly avert my gaze and try to hide my face because my face is free from marks so there's nothing to hide my blush. Without warning, he turns my head and plants a short kiss on my lips. I must be a tomato by now. 

"Why did you do that for?" I scold to cover up my shyness. He chuckles and move away from me. 

"Your face is clean now so I'm going to take a shower. You can stay in here and help me shower if you don't mind," He says mischieviously. I groan and scurry out, shutting the door in the process. His laughter follows after and I mentally curse this guy who is so good at getting my face red. I run into Min Jung's room and close the door behind me. Min Jung, who just has to be in the room at this time, looks at me weirdly. 

She laughs. "Why is your face so red? Did you two do something naughty?"

My mouth falls open at her question and I scream in frustration, making her laugh even more. 

"You two siblings are incorrigible. I can't take it anymore!" 

"You still love us," She reminds jokingly and I stick my tongue out at her. "Hey hey, that should be down my brother's throat."

"YA!"

 

(Ae Ri)

"Kyung San?" 

"Who is this?" Comes the reply. 

"I'm Ae Ri."

"Oh, you never ever call me. What's up?" 

"Is Min Ho with the girl?" I ask, almost using 'back' but I refrain. If I say back, it'll be obvious that I know Min Ho and that girl is together but since no one knows about it, it'll bring suspicion.

"How do you know?" He asks, his voice filled with confusion. 

"Remember when Min Ho tutored me? That girl was there as well," I quickly explain. "They seem like they have a thing for each other."

"Oh, yeah. Yeah they are together. Why do you ask though?"

"Jin Ae told me she sort of crushes on him so I wanted to check for her." Jin Ae is one of my friends, sort of like a follower because she's kind of lame.

"Oh okay, if there's nothing else I'll hang up."

"Yup, thanks, bye."

Damn, I need a better plan. 

 

(Sorry for the relatively short chapter! I haven't been uploading and I wanted to upload this asap soooo here. Hehe.)