Get your hands off him or else...

I remember

(Shin Hye)

"Do you want to get a drink after school at the cafe nearby?" Ri Eun, my friend from a different class, asks me. I agree, since I have no plans today and I'm not going to Min Jung's house either because she's going on a date. Ri Eun smiles and tells me to wait for her at the school entrance after class. As soon as class endsI say goodbye to Min Jung and rush out. I want to meet her quickly, and then we can do everything faster and I can go home to finish all the dumb homework. Surprisingly, she is already there, waiting for me. 

"Wow, you're fast," I say. 

"Class ended early that's why. I had a relief teacher today and she just lets us do what we want," Ri Eun grins. "Class has never been so much fun."

"That's so good... I have a lot of homework today so I can't stay for long."

We walk over to the cafe just talking about anything and when we enter the cafe, I notice someone familiar. I walk a little closer to see Min Ho and that girl. I think her name is Ae Ri or something. I don't know why I feel so angry. I have this huge urge to just pour a cup of ice water on her. I just hate her so much. She is sitting so close to him and she places her hand on his lap despite him pushing it off. I want to slap her now. I was never this violent but she brings out the worse of me and I only know her name. Min Ho spots me when he looks up and he waves at me. I force a smile before walking off to find Ri Eun. I try to get them off my mind the whole time we are talking. When we go and order our drinks, I look over again because I can't control myself. Ae Ri's shirt is so low that half her s can be seen and she is leaning on the table, thus giving Min Ho a clear view of her cleavage. I want to stuff paper towels in her cleavage. It's clear that Min Ho doesn't even want to look because he keeps averting his gaze to the paper. Why can't she just stop and get her hands off him?

After awhile, we finish our drinks so we decide to leave. It started to rain a little but I don't have an umbrella and Ri Eun house is far from mine. I tell her to go first and she leaves hesitantly. Right when I step out into the rain, I am suddenly sheltered by something. I look to my right to see Min Ho holding his jacket over both of us. I am really surprised. He just smiles at me, making my insides woozy and warm even though it is such a cold day. 

"It's convenient since we stay near each other," He say. He then put his arm around me to pull me closer so he can shelter me better. I'm sure my face is as red as a tomato by now. The proximity between us makes me really shy but the warmth he gives is way better than any quilt can give. We ran all the way to my house. 

"Thank you so much," I say, smiling. He returns the smile.

"You're welcome, see you soon," He say before turning. He runs into the rain again and I hope he won't fall sick because he was a little more drenched than me. I step into the house only to be interrogated by my mom. She stands there with a smirk. 

"Oh, I see a certain tall someone sheltering you all the way home," She teases. "Is that your boyfriend?"

"No! Eomma, please, that's one of the twins," I explain, rolling my eyes at her immature behaviour. "I told them about you inviting them over and they are coming over next week but please mom, don't embarrass me by harassing him."

She just grin and I groan before going up to my room. I really am dreading the day she meets him.

After doing my homework, I decide to study instead of taking a nap because I haven't been revising for quite awhile. I know if my results deteoriate my dad will definitely cut my allowance by half and I have to work part-time during holidays again. 

I wake up to my mom shaking me. I rub my eyes to rid the sleepiness and then I realise I fell asleep while studying. She tells me to go down for dinner and I mentally curse myself for sleeping for so long. Guess I have to study at night instead. I eat my dinner at the fastest speed possible, earning myself a scolding from dad because he says it's bad manners to spend so little time at the dining table. I roll my eyes at his logic while walking up the stairs. Checking my phone, I realise I have a text from Jae Min asking me if I want to study with him tomorrow at the nearby cafe. I reply an okay before switching my phone off. Although I am a teenager, I don't use my phone as much as the majority of them. I use my computer more than my phone because I am a drama addict. I think the reason why I like dramas is that when I watch them, I can feel the happiness, pain and humor of the actors and actresses. I am very interested in people's lives and since it is impossible for me to be someone else, I think this is the closest I can get to experience different things people experience. 

After much thinking, I still think that Jae Min and I don't quite click as a couple but we do, only as friends because he is too nice and that is pretty burdensome to me. I now know why people say it is important to be friends then take things to another level because if we jump straight into relationship, he won't know the real me and vice versa. We will just try to impress each other, let each other see the best parts of us. We also won't know if we are compatible. 

I may sound dumb but somehow I know that I will be able to click with Min Ho. I think that we'll be great together if he could only see me as a dating candidate instead of a little sister or if I could only gather up my courage to confess to him. Maybe he'll look at me in a different light. Maybe there will be a chance for us, for us to be together.

 

(A/N: Sorry this is quite short. I already have an idea for the next chapter so I'll try to write it and post it soon, hopefully! ^^)