Date

I remember

(Shin Hye) 

It's another boring school day but today, there is something to look forward to because Min Ho is coming over to pick me up after school. He skipped school today because it is a self-revision day. I can't wait because we are going on a date. It's been quite some time since we've been on a date and it just makes me all the more excited. After our date, I'm going over to his house for dinner but this time, I'm officially going over as his girlfriend. Although his parents already know about our relationship, we still want to tell them ourselves. It's also only polite for us to do so.

The dismissal bell goes off and I say my goodbyes to Min Jung and my friends before dashing off. Before class ended, he already texted me to tell me he's here. As I near the school gates, I hear girls talking about how there's a guy outside our school and he's tall and handsome like a model. Straight away, I know it's Min Ho. I run out and stop right in front of him. He spread his arms out and I run into them. The girls all gasp and the chats get louder.

"Hey," I whisper happily. His embrace is always so warm and secure. "Did you wait long?"

"Nope I didn't, beautiful," He winks. I chuckle and turn to hide my slightly warm cheeks. He smiles, grabs my hand and lead me to an ice cream shop two streets away from my school. We enter the shop and the smell of sweet ice cream and fragrant waffles fill our noses, making my stomach grumble. Min Ho makes me take a seat, with the reason that I must be tired due to school. "Do you want to choose the flavours or do you want me to surprise you?"

I think for awhile before answering. "Surprise me."

After around five minutes, he comes back with two waffle cups. "Here, double chocolate with brownie and strawberry cheesecake for you."

"How do you know I love these flavours?" I ask, pleasantly surprised. He just winks at me and I beam at him, grateful for such a thoughtful and sweet boyfriend. "What are yours?"

"The same," He admits. "I love them too."

We eat our ice cream in comfortable silence, savouring every bite of its delicious goodness. The ice cream here is so damn good and I just wish I could stomach more of it but I can't. After finishing our ice cream, I go over to a corner that hold two jars of water for self-service. I pour two cups of water and bring it over to our table. 

"The ice cream here is so good. Let's come here more often," I say happily. He nods and reaches over to pinch my cheeks, causing me to playfully glare at him. "Don't do that. What if my cheeks grow bigger and uneven?"

"Then other guys wouldn't look at you and you'll only be mine," He grins, his face full of happiness, making me melt a little more each second. I smile at him sincerely, glad that this amazing guy is mine. We decide to just walk along the streets after having ice cream. Walking with him hand in hand is one of the best feelings ever. His hands are big and warm and brings such sense of security that I think it even beats Captain America's shield or maybe I'm just biased. 

tumblr_mzkwzgY4HD1siqvhio2_250.jpg

Noticing a store selling beautiful accessories, I let go of his hand and walk over. There are so many different types of pin, hairband, ring, necklace and bracelets. There are plain-looking ones and sparkly ones. One of the rings catch my eyes. It's a very plain silver ring but there are three small crystals encrusted onto the band, making it look pretty yet simple. It isn't too over like some with huge jewels or some filled with glitters.

"You like that one, Agassi?" The lady asks. I nod sheepishly. 

"How much is it, Ajumma?"

"It's 8000won," She says, smiling at both Min Ho and I. I am about to take out my wallet when someone passes money to her. I turn to see Min Ho, keeping the change he just received. "Thank you, you both are so cute together, I'll give you this plain silver ring so you can have sort of a couple ring."

"Thank you so much Ajumma," Min Ho grins. We both bow at her, thankful for her generosity. "I hope your business will grow greatly!"

The ajumma chuckles and bid us goodbye. I turn to Min Ho. 

"I'll pay you back for the ring," I say. He shakes his head.

"No. Can't a guy buy something for his awesome and beautiful girlfriend?"

"Alright you sweetpea, thank you so much," I smile and tip-toe to peck him on his lips, causing him to blush slightly. I laugh at his blush and he scowls at me playfully. "Now I'll find something to get you."

He laughs and ruffles my hair which leads to me swatting his hand away, causing him to laugh even more. I notice a store selling hats and beanies so I drag him there with me. I choose a little panda beanie and put it on his head when he is distracted. "Don't take it off!"

"What is it?" He asks before taking out his phone to check with his front camera. I snatch his phone and put it in my bag so that he can't check it. I quickly pay for it and block him from all the mirrors around because I know he won't wear it if he sees what it is. I see many girls walk pass and they squeal and whisper about how cute he is. It makes me happy and proud because he is MINE. I move closer to him and hook my arm around his arm possessively before we move on to another stall. Who knew it'll be so fun shopping with him. I think I will have to do it more often. 

"Before going to your house can I go to the fruit stall?" 

"Sure, but what for?"

I don't answer as I go and pick out different kinds of fruits before telling the person to put it in a basket for me. Min Ho raises an eyebrow at me.

"It's for your parents," I explain. He laughs and shakes his head. "What?"

"They are practically your parents already."

"But it's the first time I am officially going over as your girlfriend," I argue. 

Right after that he leans in to kiss me.

"You're so thoughtful, jagiya. I love you."

And I think my insides just melt away.

 

(Sorry for this short chapter! It's just, nowadays I really don't know what to write. Give me some time please! T-T love you all and thank you for supporting me! <3)