Letter

Not Just a Normal Fan

Jooeun sighed as she dreamily thought back to the events from last night. Even after the awkward news with Baekhyun and Taeyeon everyone began to loosen up and eventually Jooeun was much closer to the members than she ws as before. She even confessed about the lie she did about her bias resulting in a lot of teasing that night. They all talked until they saw the peak of the sun slowly rising up from the horizon. Everyone stayed up the whole night, besides, Jooeun can catch up on her sleeping since she worked at night and Exo didnt have any schedules either until at night also, so all was good.

When Jooeun came to work, Sungjin was already there. She noticed that he seemed to have lost weight and also energy, she was worried. Jooeun mostly guessed that it was because of his parents. But it wasnt only that. These days Sungjin seemed to rely on her more and also more..touchy..not in Jooeun's comfort, it was...too much. But Jooeun didnt have the courage to say it because of how weak and sad he is looking, so she just stayed quiet.

"Jooeun ah...Im soo tired." Sungjin whined as he leaned his head on Jooeun's shoulder. Jooeun immediately stiffened but tried her best to look comfortable so Sungjin wouldnt notice.

"Oppa you can go home earlier if you want, I can take it from here."

Sungjin lifted his head off, much to Jooeun's relief, and looked at her. "Why do you always want me to leave?" He pouted. Jooeun nervoulsy chuckled. 

"Because..I care about you Oppa, and I know you're having a hard time with your parents..so of course you should rest more." 

Sungjin's eyes softened as he softly patted her hair. "Thank you..you mean a lot to me." 

Jooeun blinked several times trying to avoid what he just said. To her rescue, the bell rang signaling a customer. Jooeun jumped up. "Welcome to Coffee World!" She scurried off to the counter.

 

Jooeun glanced at the clock several times while nervously playing with her fingers. Earlier this day, Baekhyun sent a text message with an address and said to meet at 1:30 at the place. The clock was ticking almost to 1:25 and Sungjin was not leaving..once again. Jooeun felt bad for him, she truly did but..why the heck is he not going home!? Maybe..I should leave first. "Sungjin Oppa?" 

Sungjin looked up. "Yes Jooeun ah?"

"Uh..I have to leave early..is that okay?"

Sungjin frowned for a second before smiling again. "Yeah of course, I can finish it off here." Jooeun warmly smiled at Sungjin before walking out. She let out a big breath while she was walking, she felt so uncomfortable around Sungjin these days..she wanted to go back to the usual atmosphere they had. Jooeun shook her head and stopped thinking about Sungjin and focused on Baekhyun. Feeling instantly better just thinkingof him, Jooeun skipped to the destination.

 

Jooeun looked at the address once again and then looked at the building in front of her. Its a house...is this..his house!? 

"Jooeun ah~~~" a voice cooed. Jooeun jumped but relaxed instantly when a familiar pair of arms hugged her from behind. "Its just me." Baekhyun chuckled.

"Stop scaring me like that!"

"Im sowwyy" He cutely apologized. 

"So...where is this place?"

"Where else? My house of course." 

Jooeun scoffed in surprise. "Are you really trusting me enoughto show me your house? First the Sm building..your dorm..and now your house."

"Of course I am, you know I would love to see your house too."

Jooeun blushed." Its pretty tiny.."

"Dont care." Baekhyun pecked her cheeks making Jooeun blush even more. "Come on." He said as he took her hand. "We cant go inside but we can stay at our back patio." 

 

Jooeun smiled in content at his back patio. 

It had many trees and lights, it was a very comfty back patio. Baekhyun sat down on the cushioned bench and motioned Jooeun to sit down with him. When Jooeun sat down, Baekhyun automatically pulled her in closer and Jooeun leaned on him.

"Oppa?" Jooeun asked breaking the silence.

'Hmm?"

"Are we..a couple?" 

Baekhyun stopped playing with her fingers. "Are..we? I mean..do you want us to be?"

"Do YOU want us to be?" Jooeun questioned back. Baekhyun seemed to be in thought until he finally answered.

"Yeah, I do, a lot." 

Jooeun smiled and leaned her head on his broad shoulder, "Me too, a lot." Baekhyun smiled wider as he leaned his head on hers. They didnt talk much that night but..actions speak louder than words.

 

Jooeun felt relaxed and didnt feel tired at all as she walked to her small apartment. She loved the alone moments she had with Baekhyun, it was just pure bliss. She giggled as she remembered the tingling feeling he gave her and entered her apartment. When she opened her door, a paper fell out that was stuck on her door. She decided to open it inside and tucked it in her purse. She went in washed up, changed into her pajamas and laid on her bed before remembering the paper. Thinking it was an ad, she opened it with no interest but her heart beat faster and faster and felt her hands shaking as she read each word. 

Kim Joo Eun,, I have been watching you these days. Its really interesting how Baekhyun oppa would have any interest with a girl like you, thank you for giving me such entertainment. but now Im getting sick and tired of it. I HATE it. So stop it, stop hanging out with Baekhyun, he is MINE. I know where youve been, I know where you work, and I know where you live, and I know youve been to his dorm, his house, and his company, because I know where all those places are too. So dont think you can fool me. End with him. Now. 

Jooeun felt fear overpowering her, she was so scared. She screamed when her phone vibrated. She took her phone with shaky hands and saw that it was a text from Baekhyun.

Hey why didnt you text me? I told you to text me back when youre home. You okay?

Jooeun took a few breaths, Should I tell him? Or not? Since Jooeun was thinking a lot anohther text came from Baekhyun.

Jooeun? Please answerm youre getting me worried. 

Jooeun with shaky hands typed a response. Oppa..Im fine...

Baekhyun immediately replied. Whats wrong? Youve never sent a text like that. 

Jooeun was on the verge of tears.. Can I tell you later? In person? I want to go to sleep now..goodnight oppa. Jooeun put her phone to silence and turned her phone over and closed her eyes, she didnt want to be in this nightmare any longer.

 

Jooeun woke up with the sun in her eyes, she squinted and checked the clock 10:48 am. Jooeun sighed before lying back down and staring at the ceiling. she checked the small tabk beside her and saw the piece of paper that scarred her. Jooeun took a big breath before she looked at her phone to see several missed calls from Baekhyun but one text message. She opened it. 

Ill give you some spaace that i think you wanted..but please tell me soon..and lets hurry and meet up.

Jooeun typed a reply. Oppa..I dont think I can meet you in person...for a while.. Jooeun didnt expect a quick answer since he might be busy, but a reply immediately came.

What are you talking about? Can you call me?

Jooeun didnt have the courage to hear his voice..she knew she would break down if she heard him. No..Ill...send you a picture of it hold on. Jooeun laid  it out her bed all spread out and took a picture of it. She anxiously waited for his reply. Immeidately her ringtone rang indicating a call, Baekhyun Oppa. Jooeun slowly answered it. 

"Where did you get that?" He imeediately asked.

"It was on my door when I was coming home.."

"..so they really do know where you live.." Baekhyun cursed. Jooeun felt the tone of his voice she never heard before. It was full of coldness and anger.

"Oppa..calm down.."

"Calm down? Youre kidding right Jooeun ah? This person is stalking and trying to hurt you!" Jooeun just sniffed in response.

"Oppa?"

"What?"

"Im scared.." Jooeun confessed, there was a long silence from the other line before she heard Baekhyun sigh.

"Im sorry..Im so sorry for giving you so much stress just because youre with me..please...try not to be alone okay? Stay at a place where theres a lot of people. Go places where you usually dont go. Do you have anywhere else you can stay?" Before Jooeun could reply the other line suddenly got loud as other people were talking in the background. "Jooeun ah Im sorry I have to go..please keep your phone everywhere with you. Ill call you back immediately after my shcedule is over." Baekhyun hung up before Jooeun could reply.