The hidden y girl of SM

Not Just a Normal Fan

The second that Jooeun woke up the next day, she immediately looked up the schedule for Exo today. To her disappointment though, Exo was heading to China for a concert there. Jooeun pouted and closed her laptop in defeat, what should she do? Jooeun glanced at her phone several times. Should I text him? Call him? Is he busy? Is he already on the plane? Jooeun ruffled her hair in frustration and decided to just send a supporting message. 

Oppa! Good luck today I hope that-

Jooeun shook her head and deleted the message. She moved back to her bed and tried to figure out a..suitable message. She had no idea why she was nervous like they were a new couple. They've been together for a while now, shouldn't all of this become natural? Am I thinking too much? Jooeun groaned and rubbed her face several time trying to wake her up at least a little bit more. Suddenly, she pounded her fist against her bed in determination. Whats there to worry about? Kim Joo Eun! Dont you care for your boyfriend's well being? Than stop being a scaredy cat and send him the dang text! She quickly typed in a message and immediately pressed send. Jooeun put down her phone in triumph and went to the bathroom to wash up. 

 

 

Baekhyun's phone vibrated from his pocket and he instantly checked. Sure enough, it was a message from Jooeun. Baekhyun took a deep breath before opening the text.

Oppa? I stalked your schedule today heehee. I hope you have a safe flight to China and have a blast during your concert! Please do not ignore your health and take care of yourself okay? At least for my sake T.T. ANYWAYS! Oppa I just wanted to say that I'm here for you. Bye Now! Hwaiting! 

Baekhyun sighed as his grin that was visible while reading the message vanished. He was in such difficult situations right now. Of course he wanted to reply, but he couldnt so he quuickly deleted the message but not before reading itseveral times to have it embeded in his head. 

"Hey you hanging on?" Chanyeol asked as he supportively patted Baekhyun's back.

"Barely." Baekhyun gave a slight grin.

"What are you going to do now?" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

Baekhyun leaned his head on the wall as the fatigue and tiredness from all the drama plus the late practices for the concert suddenly hit him. "I dont know."

 

It was already noon and while Exo was in the air heading towards China, Jooeun was eating fried rice while constantly checking her phone. Why didnt he reply? Jooeun frowned and tossed her phone to the other side of the couch and the television. A replay of a drama was airing and Jooeun instantly got bored since she already saw it. She defeatedly turned the tv off and sulked. I'm such a loner...I have been in Korea for months and I still havent made any girl friends! Im so lame... Jooeun eyes suddenly landed on the business car for Sera, her stylist for the party. Would she be considered as friend? Nah..shes probably busy.....but..it wont hurt to try right? Jooeun cautiously picked up the card and dialed Sera's number. She pressed call and put her phone to her ear waiting for Sera to pick up. After about 3 rings, Sera picked.

"Hello?"

"Sera Unni?"

"Who's this?" 

Jooeun nervously her bottom lip. "Uhh...Unni this is Kim Joo Eun. Do you remember me?"

"Oh! The hidden y girl of SM!" Sera joked. Jooeun cringed at the over reactive nickname she had after photos of her were uploaded on the internet and it became a hot topic, along with the selca she took with the high school boys.

"Unnniee!" Jooeun groaned. Sera gave a hearty giggle.

"Alright alright, I'll stop teasing so whats up?" 

"Im bored!" Jooeun blurted. "And..embarrassing how this may sound..I have no one to hang out with.."

"So...you want to hang out with me?" Sera chuckled. Jooeun blushed even if Sera couldnt see her.

"Yeah.."

"Hmm..hows this? Come to the SM building right now, help me finish my work, and than we can hang out the rest of the day!"

"That sounds perfect Unni! Do i come through the back entrance?"

"Yep!"

"Ok! Thank you so much!" Jooeun beamed before hanging up. She did a little happy dance excited to be outside.

 

Jooeun once again walked through the familiar hallway and went into a room that Sera has told her to. In the room was Sera sitting in front of a table that was filled with the celebrities of SM and also different outfits.

"Woah.." Jooeun commented as she sat down beside Sera analyzing all the pictures. "What are you doing?"

"Homework.." Sera sighed. "I have to use my knowledge of fashion and SM to match the correct fasion style that is perfect for each star." 

"Oohh..having any trouble?"

"The only group I'm having trouble with is Exo, since thye're new.." 

Jooun edged closer to her seat trying to get a better look at the remaining pictures. "Can I help?"

"Glady!" Sera huffed as she scoot back to let Jooeun have more room. Jooeun smiled at Sera before analyzing the pictures. She immediately matched Baekhyun's, than D.O.'s, than Xiumin's. 

"How do you know?" Sera asked with big eyes as she stared at Jooeun who was matching the pictures at a fast pace.

"I'm a legit Exotic unni, never underestimate the fans...and DONE!" Jooeun beamed as she matched Sehun's, who was the last one. Sera clapped in amazement and ruffled her hair.

"I am so glad you called me, now we can play!" Sera cheered.

 

The two girls locked arms as they walked around the streets in Hongdae while street shopping, street eating, and watching street performances. It was a nice time for both of them since they both hadn't had a girl time in a very long time. The girls decided to take a break from walking and headed to a restaurant to eat an early dinner. The twosome slurped and chewed at their delicious dinners while talking.

"So...you and baekhyun huh?" Sera stated. Jooeun blushed as she put her fork down and took a sip from her cold iced tea. 

"y-yeah.." Jooeun stuttered. Sera giggled and leaned her head closer eager to hear juicy talks. 

"Since we're in public I'm going to call him Hyun okay?" 

Jooeun nodded, glad that Sera was so precautious. Sera locked her hands and placed them on the table and smiled. "So, how did it start?"

And that is how Jooeun told her from the horrible Saesang incident to the party, it was the most interesting and romantic talk Sera has ever heard. "Soooo cute!" Sera gushed as Jooeun finished the story. 

"Yeah..he must have been really busy today, I texted him this morning and he still hasn't replied." Jooeun nonchalantly said. Sera stopped poking her food and looked up.

"Ba- I mean Hyun?"

"Yep." Jooeun nodded.

"They didnt leave for China until 1 today." 

Jooeun froze and looked up to Sera. "What?"

"Yeah, they were at the building the whole time. They were basically free until it was time to go to the airport." Sera cautiously explained. Jooeun's head seemed to bundle up in confusion.

"Did you see Baekhyun?" Jooeun questioned. Sera shook her head.

"No, I just know they were in the building and I definitely saw them heading outside at about 12:45." 

Jooeun shook her head in confusion. "Do you think there's any reason why he didnt reply?" 

Sera just shrugged feeling sorry for the younger one. "Maybe Baekhyun was busy, I mean I didnt see him. He could have been practicing by himself, or maybe his phone died." Sera consoled. "Stop panicking Jooeun ah, Im sure there's an explanation." 

Jooeun nodded but she was still confused. Why didnt he reply? 

 

The next day Jooeun was once again fidgeting her phone between her fingers as she anxiously waited for any message or call from Baekhyun. She knew that they had arrived and had wifi since Chanyeol just recently uploaded a picture on Instagram. Baekhyun couldn't text her, but he could contact her through social media but there was nothing, nada. Jooeun consistently cheked her email and all her social media, but there was nothing. She felt a sick feeling deep inside her stomach. Did I do something wrong? Jooeun opened up the text she sent yesterday and analyzed it carefully trying to find anything that would have made Baekhyun upset. Nothing..Oppa is not a sensitive person either...what is happening? 

 

Baekhyun chuckled at his bandmate who was beside him taking many selfies and finally uploading one to Instagram . Chanyeol turned his head and locked eyes with Baekhyun and immediately blushed. "Aish..I hate it when I get caught taking selcas.." Chanyeol groaned before scurrying off embarassingly. Baekhyun chuckled and refeshed his social media once again to see if Jooeun has uploaded anything. Nothing. baekhyun sighed longing to hear or see Jooeun. He sat up straighter when he remembered Lay mentioning that Jooeun was on the internet. He quickly searched the SM party and she immediately popped up. 

"The hidden y girl of SM?" Baekhyun whispered as he clicked on the news. Baekhyun's mouth widened every time as he scrolled down all her pictures and finally landed on the comments. Hundreds of comments were there, most of them were guys who demanded to know who she was while some girls complimented her and other blamed her for getting everything fixed. Psh..Jooeun is more natural than probably any of thosr girls..What caught Baekhyun's attention the most was the selca with Jooeun and the highschoolers. His eyes narrowed as he zoomed in on the picture to see one of the guys had his arm around her waist and another locked arms with her and their faces were so close. Immature boys..who do they think they are? baekhyun glared at the photos but he didnt forget to save it just like all the other pictures of Jooeun. I'll jusyt crop the boys out..hmph..

Baekhyun's thoughts were interrupted as the intercom went on asking for Exo to come on stage, they were in a waiting room for an interview before their concert. The boys filed out to the stage to be met with erurpted applause and cheers. "We are one!" Exo said as they bowed and waved at the fans. Soon the members sat down and the MC asked several questions.

"So, one of the hottest topics being talked about is the SM party that was held 2 nights ago." The MC stated. "Let me first ask, was it really true that the president of South Korea was there?" 

The members chuckled and shook their heads. "No, definitely no. I'm pretty sure the president had more important things to do." Suho smiled. The audience laughed as the MC nodded in agreement.

"All of you guys looked so handsome with your suits, very dashing." The MC complimented. The members bowed with gratitude. "But lets cut to the chase and talk about the ladies." The MC cooed making everyone laugh. "As always, SNSD, FX, and Boa looked gorgeous." The members nodded in agreement. "But there was one surprising lady that...amazed us all." The MC stated. 

Baekhyun froze, He better not be talking about..

"Her name is Kim Joo Eun?" The MC cautiously asked. 

"Yes! I remember her!" Tao commented.

"Please answer this, did she really look like that in person? Every male in the world wants to know!" The MC wailed.

"Yes, she actually looks better in person." Kai replied making the audience react wildly. 

"Is she a trainee? newbie?"

"No uh she was actually a waitress." 

"Waitress!? Where does she work!?" The MC joked. The members laughed but of course, they didnt reveal anymore.

"So here is the , each of you will pick who you think was more attractive! SNSD Taeyeon OR Kim Joo Eun, the y waitrtress/" Every member tensed up at the sudden question. They went through rehearsal but there was nothing like this at all.  Actually, nothing about Jooeun was mentioned during rehearsal or Exo would have definitely told them to take that out, but now they were more dumbfounded that they had to pick. Baekhyun glanced beside the stage to see the Exo managers and staff looking angry as they talked to the show directors. The gossipy MC stared at them with twinkling eyes. Exo knew that whatever they said would show up on headlines so they had no idea what to do. Suddenly the director of the show gave some signals for the interview to take a break. 

"Stay tuned after this break! Because you will get to see the results of Exo's choice! Stay tuned!" The MC boomed before the show was on break and commercials started. The Exo managers quickly gathered up the members.

"Hyung. what should we do? This is totally unexpected!" Suho exclaimed.

"I know.." One of the mangers replied rubbing their foreheads." I specfically said no nonsens questions and this..is definitely nonsense. The directors said that the ratings shot up after the topic of Jooeun came up."

"Tell them to take the photo of Jooeun off of the frikin big screen." Baekhyun gritted, he felt like screaming. Baekhyun angrily glanced back at the stage to see one of Jooeun's photos of her wearing the revealing dress on the big screen and some men in the audience were taking pictures. The members and manager looked at him in surprise until the manager told the staff to send on the demand. 

"Alright so..just go on with it you guys, theres no way out of it okay?" The manager advised before sending back onto the stage. baekhyun felt better as the big screen was replaced by the show's logo instead of Jooeun's picture. 

The show was back on.

"So! Lets get the results now shall we? Starting with the leader!" Suho blushed before awkwardly replying. "Uh..Taeyeon sunbaenim.." 

"Next! Maknae Sehun!" 

"Uh/..Jooeun sshi.."

"Great answer! How about Kai sshi?" 

"Uh..Jooeun sshi.."

And the line went down until it was Baekhyun's turn. "And what about you Baekhyun sshi?" 

"Uh.." Baekhyun was about to say it, the truth. He wanted to tell the world that Kim Joo Eun was his but he couldnt. Not when he saw Heesso amongst the audience holding up a sign with his name and  picture but with a devilish smile. Baekhyun felt a cool shiver run down his body when he met eyes with her. Bakehyun inwardly sighed before smiling at the MC. "Of course Taeyeon sunbaenim."