Fight

Not Just a Normal Fan

"Alright! Thats enough for today, great job boys!" The dance coach bellowed as he clapped his hands indicating that practice was over for the 12 boys. The worn out and sweaty Exo members dropped onto the floor as they drank cool water and fanned themselvs. They have been working on new dance routines for the past 3 hours, they were exhausted. 

"Ugh,"Suho groaned as he lied down on the floor. "I still dont get the step routine for the remix version of growl."

"Hyung do you want me to help?" Lay politely asked. Suho lifted his head and looked at Lay.

"Would you really?" Suho asked hopefully.

Lay nodded. "Of course Hyung." The two boys stood up and went to another practice room.

"Hey rappers, I think we should work on our collaboration more, lets head to the studio." Kris suggested. The other rappers nodded in agreement so Chanyeol,Sehun,Xiumin,Kai,Tao,and Kris headed outside. So all there was left in the room was the vocals.

Chen stared at the other members leave before rolling around the floor and humming scales,Luhan was on his phone, D.O. was still cooling down, and Baekhyun was leaning against the mirror wall, lifeless. D.O. who felt more energized looked around the room and stared at Baekhyun in concern. 

"Baekhyun ah, you should really rest today." 

"Huh?" Baekhyun asked, as he focused on D.O. D.O. frowned as he walked up to Baekhyun and felt his forehead. 

"Are you sick?"

"N-no.." Baekhyun muttered as he turned his head away from D.O's hand. D.O. sighed in sympathy and stared at the other members signaling for help.

"Hey guys why dont we refresh ourselves and get some bubble tea?" Luhan suggested. Chen's face brightened up as hs jumped up.

"Yeah yeah! Great idea Luhan! Lets go!" Chen giggled. 

"I dont feel like going.." Baekhyun muttered.

"Aw come on dont be a party pooper! Lets go!" Chen forcefully lifted Baekhyun from the ground and dragged him outside.

 

Baekhyun stared at Coffee World in vain. The four boys were standing in front of the cafe in anxiouness as the nearby bubble tea shop was unfortunately closed since it was pretty late at night so the only choice they had was Coffee World. 

"We..dont have to get bubble tea today.." Luhan anxiously said. Baekhyun sighed and shook his head.

"We came out here for bubble tea, might as well get some." 

"We really dont have to.." Chen comforted.

"No, its fine. Lets go." Baekhyun sighed in exhaustion as he lifelessly swung open the door. The familiar sounds of bells chimed as he felt the cool air conditioning wind. Baekhyun nonchalantly glanced at the counter before focusing on the menu but stopped. Wait..Baekhyun turned back to the counter to see a stranger girl at the cash register. Wheres Jooeun? The other members followed him in and they too stopped and gazed at the counter. 

"Where is Jooeun sshi?" Chen muttered while taking nervous glances at Baekhyun. Baekhyun's tiredness and exhaustion disappeared as he was more concerned. Why isnt she here? Did she get fired? Is she hurt? Sick? Did something bad happen? Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration and met eyes with Sungjin who came out from the kitchen. Sungjin gave him a small smirk before wiping some tables. 

"Guys go get your bubble tea, lets get out of here." Baekhyun said. The members quickly nodded and went to order their drinks. Baekhyun eyed Sungjin, tapping his foot, as he wiped some tables, fixed some position of chairs, like everything was normal. Baekhyun looked around the cafe hoping that he missed Jooeun, and that she was somewhere in the cafe. It had been a week since the encounter they had and they had no contact ever since. Anything could have happened in a week. His thoughts were interrupted as the members hurried back to him with their drinks. Baekhyun glanced back at the cafe with sad eyes before going outside.

 

 

"Im back!" Jooeun yelled as she entered the cafe. She immediately went towards the new intern who was working with Sungjin and Jooeun to learn. "Yah intern, hows it going so far?" The intern gave her a nod before focusing back on the cash register. Jooeun smiled at the intern with satisfaction before walking to Sungjin. "Oppa did anything happen while I was gone?"

Yes..."Nope, not a lot of customers." Sungjin said. "How was your play date with Sera?"

"great! Im glad I finally made a girl friend." Jooeun beamed. She leaned against the counter as Sungjin told her about his day, but her mind was somewhere else, tonight, she was going to confront Baekhyun, once and for all.

 

Jooeun waved at Sungjin and the intern once more before walking away the other side, towards the SM building. She secretly tiptoed but swiftly to the back door and went inside and quickly called Sera. But a particular high school saw Jooeun walking inside the building, and her eyes filled with anger. The girl quickly dialed a numbers. "You stupid! Why didnt you send her off to her house!? Shes inside the SM building!" Heesoo exclaimed.

"What?" Sungjin said in disbelief from the other line.

"Ugh, whatever. Ill handle it from her. Bye." Heesoo hung up and tried her best to sneak into the building but it was too guarded and she was stuck outside. CRAP!!

 

Jooeun patiently waited for Sera to come where they were supposed to meet. The door soon clicked open and Sera's head popped out. "Sorry I was late! I had to do some errands."

"Its alright, at least you're here. Baekhyun's in the building right?"

"Yep. They are going to practice all night for their concert." 

How tired he must be..Jooeun thought in sympathy. 

"Come on." Sera motioned. "We should hurry and follow her plan." 

Apparantly according to Sera, the Exo members were individually practicing their solo stages and Baerkhyun was practicing right now in a practice room. Jooeun planned to confront him and demand what was up with him. She wanted to know the truth. Jooeun mustered up her courage as she silently followed Sera to one of the practice rooms. Sera motioned for Jooeun to go in front of her. "This is the room, remember, when you hear knocks it means that someone is coming or that time is up okay?" Sera made sure before nodding at Jooeun with encouragement. Jooeun nodded back before silently but quickly opening the door and rushing inside. 

Jooeun quietly closed the door and saw Baekhyun playing on the piano with headphones as he belted out notes with his beautiful voice. She admired his vocals for a few moments before walking towards Baekhyun. When she reached him and stood beside him, Baekhyun looked up and almost fell out of his chair. "J-Jooeun ah.." 

Jooeun's eyes were full of concern as Baekhyun's face was much more skinnier and his eyes were red with dark circles also he looked, sick. "o-oppa..what happened to you?" Jooeun whispered as she reached for his face. Baekhyun was frozen for a second as her warm hands touched his face but then he immediately pushed them away. "Oppa..did I do something wrong?" Jooeun asked.

Baekhyun didnt reply, millions of thoughts were running inside his head. Heesoo and Sungjin werent here right now, he could tell her everything, but..what good would that do? Even if Sungjin and Heesoo are arrested, other saesangs will torture Jooeun, and they wouldnt be able to be together anyways. Maybe...maybe fate is saying that there werent supposed to be together. Maybe Sungjin was right..she belonged with him. Thats why Baekhyun debuted and Sungjin didnt, how Baekhyun wished that it could have reversed. Baekhyun clenched his fists in determination and glared at Jooeun with cold eyes. 

"What did you do Kim Joo Eun?" He coldly asked. Jooeun felt her blood run cold and her heart beating faster as his eyes seem to penetrate her soul.

"Oppa, please tell me what I did wrong, I-I promise that I'll fix it, whatever it is." 

You did nothing wrong..my angel.."You think just by fixing it everything can go back to the way it was?" Baekhyun snapped. Jooeun's eyes widened with fear and confusion. She had no idea why he was so angry at her.

"I- I know that preparing for the concert is really stressful-"

"I feel stressed because of YOU, not the concert." 

"Oh.." Jooeun silently commented.

"Why are you here? I have to practice" Baekhyun muttered. Jooeun stared down at the floor as her heart was slowly being torn into pieces. Why...how..did we become like this? What happened to him? WHY is he mad at me? Why wont he tell me!? Why do I feel so guilty!? I didnt do ANYTHING wrong!? Why is he yelling at me!? Why does he hate me!? Jooeun snapped her head up, her eyes filled with anger.

"What is..wrong with you?" Jooeun hissed. Baekhyun narrowed his eyed.

"What?"

"All of a sudden, after the blissful night, you suddenly ignore me. Do you know how much I was anxious and suffered during those few days!? And after I do see you, you completely ignore me, like what the heck!? If you're mad at me, TELL me why, and stop acting like a baby and keep throwing tantrums!! You're really stressful you know, and when you're away from me, you flirt with your sunbaes, what, do you have feelings for her!? Cause it sure seems that you dont have just a respectful feeling towards, it seems to be something more. Do you know how much that hurts me!? Why are you making me suffer Byun Baekhyun!" Jooeun yelled. Baekhyun scoffed as he stood up towering over Jooeun.

"Do you want me to tell you why I have been mad and ignoring you? Its becase you're a gold digger." 

Jooeun backed away in shock. "W-what?"

"Did you really dress up that night to impress ME or the media?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Do you really love me?" Baekhyun retorted. "Or were you just dating me so you can get a hint of popularity and get the spotlight that you're Byun Baekhyun's girlfriend." Jooeun's bottom lip trembled as she felt so betrayed.

"You think....that I dated you for...fame?" Jooeun whispered.

"yeah, I mean why else would you dress up so fancy when all you were doing is serve the guests." Baekhyun grumbled. 

"Look, I know that might have seem a little immature but I was-"

"No just stop." Baekhyun interrupted Jooeun. "if you havent noticed, I dont love you anymore. So I would like if you leave now." 

Jooeun scoffed in disbelief as she felt tears b her eyes. "So thats it? We're over? Just like that?"

Baekhyun smirked. "Yep."

SMACK! Baekhyun's head snapped to the side as Jooeun's hand slapped him across his cheek. Baekhyun looked back at Jooeun with widened eyes, he was in a loss of words as endless tears streamed down her face.

"You dumb , everything I did to you, was real. I truly, genuinely loved you. And you saw all that as a joke? How could you? You were the one who made all those promises, I wish this was all a dream. It felt so real that night when you said that you loved me and to trust you. I was, I really was. But I guess I was just an obstacle for your career after all. You took my first kiss, you were my first love. I.Hate.You." Jooeun hissed before running outside, without looking back.

 

Baekhyun's whole body felt numb, his cheek was still warm from the slap, he didnt care, cause he sure deserved it, He had no idea where the gold digger thing came from. It just popped out of nowhere. Baekhyun clutched his hair and screamed in agony. He kicked the piano stool and punched the wall before falling on his kness with tears streaming down his face. Im sorry..Im so sorry..Jooeun ah..I have always loved you..and I always will..but for your safety..I must give you up, let you live a better life. Please..forget about me...I love you so much..

 

Jooeun raced out of the building. She ran all the way to her house nonstop. When she arrived, she slammed her door closed and ran to her bedroom before falling on her bed before finally letting out cries she had been holding. Her heart hurt so much..it felt like it was stabbed a thousand times. How could he? Jooeun punched her bed as she cried and cried and cried...before drifting off into a heartfelt sleep.

 

 

It was the worst day ever for Baekhyun. It was 3 days after the horrible encounter with Jooeun and the day of the concert. He failed miserably. He was already in a bad condition with a cold and a high fever, so he had to lip sync his solo that he worked so hard for. Not only that, he missed dance moves, bumped into members, and even almost fell off of the stage. He felt so sorry to the fans who didnt get to see his 100% best, but he couldnt help it. He felt like dying, Baekhyun was now lying down backstage as his fever got worse and so the rest of the members were doing the closing for the concert. Baekhyun was taking a short nap before loud noises woke him up. He squinted his eyes open to see s coming in the room and some of them already looking at Baekhyun in concern.

"Hyung are you okay?" Tao asked with concerned eyes. Baekhyun gave a weak smile and gently ruffled Tao's hair. 

"Baekhyun ah, you got a lot of fan mail and presents, maybe they will cheer you up." Suho said as he handed a box full of colorful letters and a variety of presents fo Baekhyun. Baekhyun gave another weak smile before deciding to look at some of them for now. Baekhyun smiled at the cute letters and thoughtful presents and suddenly felt a sudden urge to thank his fans. Baekhyun got on to his social media, took a picture of the letters and presents, and uploaded them with a message thanking the fans. He was about to turn off his phone when his news feed caught his attention. Sungjin uploaded a selfie with designed paper saying that it was a reunion for the 2010-2011 SM trainee reunion. Baekhyun scratched his head in confusion. Am I a part of this too? Baekhyun shook his head and turned his phone off and focused back on the fan gifts. After going through several more he was about to stop for the day when a particular paper caught his eye. It seemed to be the exact same design Sungjin had on his social media. Baekhyun grabbed the paper and peered at it closely before opening it. It was definitely the invitation to the reunion. When he opened the paper, another slip of folded paper fell out. Baekhyun warily picked it up and opened it. 

I heard from Sungjin Oppa about how you totally pummeled the girl's heart. Great job Oppa! You are such an obedient man~ I was so sad that you werent at the whole concert. Anyways Oppa wanted me to send you this over, he said you are forced to go because the president of SM will be attending so Sungjin cant wait to see you there. Bye..for now. LOVE, HEESOO.