Party part 1

Not Just a Normal Fan

"WHAT?"

Jooeun couldnt believe it. Merely 10 hours before the grand party, the head manager called and told Jooeun that instead of 100 people, there were 150 people. 

"I think you are making a big deal about this, it's just 50 more people." The manager arrogantly spat.

Jooeun scoffed in disbelief. "You're kidding me right? We have to recount and calculate and also make more of our dessert in less than 10 hours, you must be joking." 

"Well, then, I suggest you get your lazy asses and get on with it. Chop chop." The manager retorted before hanging up. Jooeun squeezed her phone and wanted to pull all her hair out. WHAT A JERKK!!!! Jooeun rubbed her temples, it was impossible for them to finish all the work. Jooeun sighed and faced her coworkers who were waiting what the head manager said. "The manager said that..instead of 100 people..there will be about 150.." Jooeun groaned.

"What!?" The coworkers exclaimed.

"Im so sorry guys..what should we do?" 

"What else can we do? We have to work hard and quickly." Sungjin said. "Hes always been like that, dont worry, one day his attitude will bite him back in the , but for now...lets get to work."

 

It was already past 4:30,which was when Jooeun was supposed to leave to prepare for the party, which began at 7. But instead of putting on makeup, and making beautiful curls on her hair, Jooeun was covered with sweat and was still wearing her uniform. Jooeun wiped her forehead as she was washing the dishes, finally finished with baking the breads in the hot kitchen, she hasnt eaten all day except for an apple she quickly muched on while going to work. She was starving and tired, but she did it, they did it. They finished the work with the hard efforts of all the employees. Now all they have to do is move the desserts to the party. 

While most of the boy employees were moving the desserts to a truck, Jooeun was miserably the only girl since only Sungjin and her were allowed into the party. Jooeun checked the time, 5:30. She didnt have any time to dress up, she was supposed to arrive at the party at 6. Jooeun felt like crying as her whole dream got crushed for the night, shes gonna look horrible in a room filled with gorgeous girls, and she even had the perfect dress, which will not be worn anymore. Jooeun sighed trying to not think about the situation and went out of the kitchen. All of the desserts were in the truck and Sungjin had a clipboard, checking off all the desserts they needed. Sungjin looked up when Jooeun came towards him and gave her a warm smile.

"Hey, you disappointed?"

"Disappointed? Im crushed..." 

Sungjin frowned and passed on the clipboard to another employee and focused on Jooeun. "Why are you exactly upset?"

"because.." Jooeun's lips trembled. "I had my dress and everything Oppa, today was supposed to be my fairy tale night, and its all ruined because of that stupid manager..I just..I just wanted to feel like..an important person for once." Sungjin's eyes were full of pity as he looked at the smaller girl who's head was down and was now sniffling. Sungjing gently put his hand on her arm.

"Dont be so upset Jooeun ah..I told you that you look beautiful in anything right? You look beautiful now." 

Jooeun snorted at his cheesiness but was thankful for it. Jooeun squeezed his hand indicating a thanks and rubbed her eyes. "Well, I must stay positive right? Might as well focus on my job more." Jooeun cheerfully said. 

"Thats my girl." Sungjin said and ruffled her hair.

 

Sungjin was out of the cafe and looked left and right before making a call. His eyes and aura immediately changed. "Hey. Change of plans."

 

 

The clock struck 6, Sungjin and Jooeun were already in the SM building, backstage, to meet up with the staff, Jooeun followed Sungjin as he seems to know the building quite well, as they have never been in this part of the building. Sungjin ruffled his hair as he seemed to not know which hallway to go. "Hey oppa, you seem to know the building very well. I mean,..weve never been to this part of the building."

Sungjin stopped thinking and looked at Jooeun. "Uh..i studied the building last night..you know..just in case.." He nervously smiled and quickly walked down a hallway. Jooeun stared at him suspiciously but tossed that aside and followed him. Soon they entered the room where all the SM family were gathered and also the staff. Jooeun immediately ducked her head as she met eyes with several celebrities, some gave her an interesting look, and some gave her weird ones. She felt Sungjin's hand clasp around her and led her to the back of the room where there was a door that led to the ballroom. 

Jooeun felt it. His stare. She knew as she saw several Exo members as she passed by so she knew that he saw her. Oh how embarrassing for Baekhyun to see her in a messy ponytail and her uniform. For once she didnt want to see him and walked closer to Sungjin. Soon they arrived at the back and was led into the ballroom. Jooeun looked at the room in awe as she saw the intricate designs on the ceiling and walls, and gran chandelier lights hanging, enlightening the room with brightness, there was a huge stage on one side of the room and thes rest was filled with round tables and chairs. Jooeun quickly scurried to Sungjin who was already at the dessert table making sure everything was perfect. Jooeun moved some of tthe displays and plates to make the table more organized, and than she beamed at the desserts which definitely showed the hard work everyone has done. Sungjin put his arms around Jooeun and squeezed her lightly. "We did pretty good." He said. Jooeun nodded in agreement, but her happiness vanished as she looked down at her uniform button down and jeans. Sungjin looked at her softly. Dont worry Jooeun ah..Ill make your fairy tale night come true..maybe not with the man you wanted..but still..your fairy tale dream..

 

It was finally 7'o clock. When all the guests and SM members settled down at their respective table,s the reporters and new stations were finally let in, Jooeun put herself against the wall behind the dessert table hoping no reporter would talk to her, thankfully no one did. Jooeun released a sigh as all the reporters were away from her and snapping photos away as the president of SM entered the stage.And so the party went on and Jooeun just watched from the table feeling pretty bored since the president was having a speech that was very long. She almost drifted off to sleep when suddenly Park Sera rushed towards her with a flushed face.

"Im here!" Sera exclaimed.

"Unni?" Jooeun asked. "Why are you here?"

"What? You called me here!" Sera replied.

"Actually I did." The two girls at Sungjin who was smiling at both of them.

"Huh?" Jooeun said very confused.

"I thought you needed an award Jooeun ah..youve worked the hardest, so i quickly texted your friend Sera and now youre gonna go change." 

Jooeun gaped at Sungjin and almost cried, in joy. Jooeun squealed and hugged Sungjin tight. "Thank you so much Oppa!! Thank you thank you!!" Jooeun thanked several times before rushing out of the ballroom with Sera in glee.

 

Baekhyun for like the 100th time looked around the ballroom trying to find any hint of where Jooeun was. After Baekhyun saw a glimpse of Jooeun wearing her uniform and holding hands with Sungjin, made him fidget and uncertain throughout the whole speech. He would constantly turn back making some of the members annoyed and ordered himto stay still. Baekhyun almost yelped in joy as he saw the dessert table at the back of the room. He immediately stood up and excused himself to use the restroom. Baekhyun speed walked towards the table but slowed down when he only saw Sungjin. The image of them holding hands irked Baekhyun, as he cracked his neck and rotated his shoulders before approaching Sungjin. Baekhyun tried to act casual as possible as he knew that one of the reporters were definitely focusing on him. 

"Hey..wheres Jooeun?" baekhyun asked as he pretended to take interest on a scone that had intricate designs on it. Sungjin snorted before leaning his chair on the wall.

"Shes here, somewhere." Sungjin smirked.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Where?" He asked again, Sungjin's answer was interrupted as the president finished his speech and everyone clapped. Baekhyun cleared his throat and clapped along with them He looked back at Sungjin but found him to be gone. He searched the room and saw Sungjin walking towards the stage. How the heck did he walk there so fast? 

Baekhyun hurried back to the seat but eyeing Sungjin as he stood by the stage. 

"And now," Eunhyuk said, as he was the honorary MC of the night. "We should all take this time to thank those who worked hard to prepare the party." Soon Eunhyuk called out the names of the people who set up the ballroom, who cooked the dinner, the stylists, other important people, and finally the dessert bakers. "And lastly, let us all give recognition to the cafe, Coffee World, and the workers who will be serving us today, Park Sung Jin and Kim Joo Eun, everyone politely clapped but murmurs of interests were heard throughout as the tall and handsome Sungjin walked on stage wearing adashing suit. The reporters had their cameras down as the past people were kind boring, but they immediately started taking pictures of the handsome man on stage. 

"Uh Sungjin sshi..wheres Jooeun sshi?" Eunhyuk asked.

 Sungjin gave a smil making some of the reporter girls squeal. "She will be here soon, please wait patiently." The head manager who was on stage also snorted. 

"We have no time to wait for a girl like her, please go on with the program." He complained.

"Head manager, shut up. We must all pay respect to the people who worked hard." The president retorted. The manager bowed politely before backing off, but didnt forget to mumble some complaints. Baekhyun from his seat was sending daggers towards the head manager. No one talks about Jooeun like that. Hmph. 

Everyone seemed to get impatient when suddenly the doors of the ballroom bursts open creating a smack sound. Park Sera winced and covered as everyone was now looking at her. "Im so sorry!" She apologized while bowing. "I had now idea it would open this loud, Im sorry!" Sera held the door open making everyone confused since no one was coming inside. Sera turned towards the door and groaned. While still holding the door, Sera seemed to pull someone to go inside.

 

"Kim Joo Eun come out right now!" Sera muttered as she pulled Jooeun's arm. But Jooeun restrained and stayed back.

"Unni! Im scared now!"

"Why!?"

"I dont know..its just all the attention.." 

"Come on! You look GORGEOUS! You need to show off!" Sera chided. Jooeun finally sighed.

"Okay Ill go in, but please let go of me." Sera let go of her arm and moved aside so Jooeun can go in. Jooeun peered in the ballroom and saw Sungjin on stage looking great in a suit, they concidentally met eyes and Sungjin's eyes widened lke never before. He felt his heart beat faster as he scanned Jooeun's figure up and down before meeting Jooeun's beautiful eyes which were surrounded by a smoky eye makeup, her hair was in neat curls, she looked like a goddess. Sungjin had to user every strength to stop looking and bowed to the rest of the people.

"Im sorry for the wait, but it seems..that my uh partner doesnt want to come up, thank you for acknowledging us." Sungjin bowed again before rushing down stage. He was about to walk up to Jooeun but she motioned for him to stop and go back. Sungjin was about to not listen to her but decided to and walked back to the dessert table instead. 

Jooeun's heart was thumping, why was she so nervous? Its not like anyone knows her except for Baekhyun, Sungjin, Exo, SNSD, the head manager, and Sera, thats not a lot, right? While everyone was busy on the program, Jooeun came in slowly, trying her best not to make any noises with her heels and finally made it to the dessert table. Sungjin looked at her in awe, she even looked more beautiful up close.

"Jooeun ah..you look great." 

Jooeun blushed." Oppa you look very handsome." She complimented back. Sungjin chuckled and looked at Jooeun with a playful glint in his eyes.

"I didnt know that you were a ..woman." Sungjin teased. Jooeun blushed harder as she adjusted her dress, making sure nothing was out of place. "Jooeun ah you went through all that, you sure dont want to end your night with just me seeing you like this right?" Sungjin asked. Jooeun shyly shook her head. "Than after the program, come up with me to the stage, and Ill introduce you okay?" Jooeun shyly nodded as she fanned herself for her to stop blushing. She decided to just focus on the program. Jooeun blinked several times in surprise. On stage, SHinee's Jonghyun, TVXQ's Changmin, Super Junior's Kyuhyun, and Baekhyun were standing on stage. Jooeun missed why they were there since she was busy talking to Sungjin. Eunyuk came back on stage with a hat and Jonghyun reached into the hat and pulled out a piece of paper. "Shin Eun Mi." He called out. One of the stylists girls squealed as they walked on stage and stood next to Jonghyun. 

"So Eunmi sshi, what song would you like to sing?" Jonghyun asked. 

"Breath!" Eunmi squealed. Jonghyun nodded in satisfaction and the song started playing. They were hilarious since both were very serious but while Jonghyun was wonderful, Eunmi was definitely not a singer. She basically screeched out the lyrics which made everyone laugh in bliss. When they finished the crowd gave a loud cheer. Soon Changmin also picked out a name and they also sang a song. From the continous pattern, it seems non celebrity girls who helped with the party were picked to sing with one of the idols. 

Jooeun's heart thumped faster as it was finally Baekhyun's turn. Baekhyun closed his eyes and swished his hands in the hat before finally picking a paper. Everyone seemed to hold their breaths as he opened the paper. Baekhyun seemed surprise for a second but immediately composed himself and smiled at the audience. He lifted up his mic and stayed silent before calling out the name. "Kim...Joo Eun." He softly said. The exo members seemed to yell and clap louder as Sungjin and Jooeun looked at him in shock. ME!? Jooeun thought.

"Ah it's the mystery cafe girl isnt it?" Eunhyuk said as he scanned the crowd. "Jooeun sshi where are you?" 

Jooeun only stared at Baekhyun who was frantically looking around the ballroom for her. Jooeun kept staring at him waiting for him to find her. Baekhyun lightly glanced at her before moving his gaze when his eyes widened and snapped back his gaze to Jooeun, who was staring at him. His eyes softened as he hasnt seen her since he was at her house a few days ago, it felt like forever to both of them. Jooeun felt a strong, invisible magnet pulling her towards Baekhyun. So while still locking eyes with him, she walked towards the stage. Soon the spotlight was on her and followed her as she came closer and closer. When Jooeun was on stage, he finally stopped looking at only her eyes but stared at her entire self. He did a double take on her body and almost drooled, and felt delight thinking in his head that this beautiful girl, was his. But his fantasizing quickly ended as he realized every male in the room were ogling at her. He immediately gritted his teeth in annoyance and he wanted to hug her and yell at everyone that she was his from the sudden overwleming protectiveness he had. Baekhyun glared at the sunbae MC who seemed to forgot he was the MC as he kept staring at Jooeun. baekhyun coughed several times and Eunhyuk finally regained his senses and continued his program. 

"Wow Jooeun sshi..Ill just say it, youre hot." Eunhyuk said. The crowd laughed and cheered as some guys even whooped and whistled. Jooeun shyly smiled only taking glances of Baekhyun, who was beaming at her.

"Uh so Jooeun sshi," baekhyun started. "What song would you like to sing?" baekhyun gently asked.

"Uh...Moonlight." She said, she always wanted to sing that with Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckled. "Do you think you can do better than D.O.?" Baekhyun jokingly said. Jooeun just shrugged.

"Well lets find out." The audience laughed at her witty comment. The atmosphere seem to get more serious and romantic as the song began to play. Baekhyun and Jooeun looked directly at each other as baekhyun started off his part, Jooeun began to sing D.O.'s part and Baekhyun nodded in assurance that she was doing great. Jooeun made heads turn once again, on her angelic voice. She wasnt the best at singing but she did have a voice that captured people's attention. Everyone seemed to notice some sort of connection the two had as reporters were snapping so many photos and the SM members were looking at them intently. The two sang the chorus together and from nervousness Jooeun's voice cracked also making Baekhyun chuckle at her cuteness. Jooeun's face turned red but still continued to sing. The crowd laughed as Jooeun purposefully did not sing the high notes of D.O'S part. Jooeun watched Baekhyun in awe as he easily sang the high notes with ease, he looked so hot. They finally finished the song and they got a standing ovation. Baekhyun smiled at her warmly before taking her hand and facing the audience while bowing. Jooeun was stiff since they were holding hands, did anyone suspect anything? Jooeun glanced at the reporters nervously but none of them seemed to be surprised or shocked, ther were just normally taking pictures. 

The program was over which meant that the reporters had to leave so the guests could have a relaxing and private party. Baekhyun and Jooeun were still on stage holding hands politely waving to the reporters. One of the reporters managed to jump on stage to intverview Baekhyun.

"Is this the first time you saw her?"

"Yes, I felt very lucky to sing with such an attractive girl." Baekhyun answered.

"Do you think she has the potential to become famous?"

"Yes I actually do."

"What do you think of her?"

"Well first of all, I love her cafe, their desserts are delicious so I cant wait to eat it, and shes a very beautfiul girl." Baekhyun professionally answered. The reporter, satisfied with the interview shook hands with Baekhyun and Jooeun before leaving the room. Soon it was only the SM members and the special workers. The true personality and colors of every famous people were beginning to show since there was no public eye. Baekhyun squeezed Jooeun's hand and pulled her in close.

"The party's just begun." Baekhyun smiled.