Goodbye

Not Just a Normal Fan

The rest of the ride to Exo's schedule was so awkward, well at least for Jooeun. After she poked Kai's cheek the atmosphere changed immeiately as Jooeun instantly regretted her decision and Baekhyun was angry as well. She wasn't sure if he was angry, but he was definitely upset as he never talked or looked at anyone else for the rest of the ride. When they finally arrived at their destinations, Jooeun was relieved for leaving Baekhyun's side, since he was looking so grumpy. Without thinking, she quickly went out of the van but stopped short as she saw many girls screaming for their Oppas and now their attention was at her. Several Exo fans were now looking at her with the eyes of surpriseness or anger. Some girls immeidately began to whisper towards each other making Jooeun immediately duck her head and wanted to get out of here. As all the Exo members were out, the fans began to quickly scoot closer towards them, making the place crowded and suffocating for Jooeun. She was doing okay trying to follow Suho's blonde head, but after someone bumped into her which made her stumble, she was lost. She frantically looked around trying to find any sign of a guy since all the fans were girls. 

Jooeun couldnt handle the pushing and shoving, she had no idea that girls can have so much strength and aggresiveness. It was when she heard the whispers of some girls that she realized that they were doing this on purpose. 

"Sorry...sorry.." Jooeun apologized again and again when a girl pushed her, she bumped into another, resulting in a pushing and apologizing pattern. Jooeun bit her lower lip as someone stepped on her foot rather painfully. 

"Yah who do you think you are coming out of Exo's van!?" Some girl in the back of the crowd yelled really loud. Other girls nodded slowly as they too joined in the yelling and soon there was so much yelling that Jooeun's ears were throbbing. Why the heck was she suffering so much? Jooeun was about to give up on following Exo and running back home when a strong hand grabbed onto hers. A huge gasp emitted from the crowd as the girls stopped screaming and stared at the culprit who took Jooeun's hand. Baekhyun stared at all the fan girls making them gulp, until he gave them their signature eye smile making some girls swoon and giggled.

"Mian my loves but I hope you didnt understand." Baekhyun raised his arm raising Jooeun's and his hands which were intwetwined higher into the air making more girls from the back scream. "Shes a new stylist. Since she was new and she wouldnt know where to go, they put her in our van so she could easily follow us, but apprantly that didnt work out did it?" Baekhyun said as he raised his eyebrows at his fans. The crowd immeidately began to shake their heads and screamed their apologies to Baekhyun. Baekhyun gave another a smile as he let go of Jooeun's hands. "So I hope that you allow her to go inside now, she has work to do."

"Shes not anything more right oppa?" One brave fan questioned. Baekhyun stopped short from walking and looked out towards the fans. 

"Shes just a stylist."

 

The dressing room for Exo was hectic as everyone was walking everywhere trying to prepare the boys for their interview. Managers walked around each of the boys making sure that they remembered their jokes, talents, and entertaining acts for them to show off, make up artists put makeup on the boys that were signature looks for each and one of them, while the stylists were trading clothes left and right to make the boys look most perfect. 

Jooeun was sitting down on a foladble chair and she looked left and right at everyone being so busy. She thought it was rude for her to just sit and play with her phone but she also didnt know how she could help. So she just sat on the edge of her seat watching the boys slowly transforming to their charismatic TV selves. Jooeun looked from the reflection of Baekhyun's mirror to see his makeup artist drawing his signature eyeliner. Jooeun bit her lip as she could slowly see the y side of Baekhyun just from black lines on his eyes.

"Hey." 

Jooeun looked in front of her to see one of the stylists panting and catching her breath, "Can you please help me?"

"M-me?" Jooeun asked, pointing at herself. The stylist nodded as she took her hand and lifted her from the chair. "Can you assign Baekhyun, Kai, and Suho's outfits?"

 

Jooeun tapped her foot while putting her finger on her chin as she looked at the racks of clothes to choose from. What would Baekhyun, Kai, and Suho wear? Why did she ask me!? Jooeun was too busy focusing on the clothes that she didnt notice Kai staring at her from a distance, smirking. Jooeun finally found a shirt that seemed to fit Kai's image and took it out from the rack. She was examining the shirt when Kai walked towards her and rustled her hair. 

"Hectic huh?" Kai grinned.

"You bet!" Jooeun exclaimed. "Hey I'm glad you came Kai, what do you think of this?" She asked as she put the shirt on Kai's chest trying to vision if he would look good in it or not. Kai looked down and s miled.

"I like it."

"Really??" Jooeun looked at Kai with a beaming face.

"Yeah. Nice job Jooeun." Kai complimented. Jooeun getting more energy from Kai's encouragement quickly found shoes that matched and black jeans. 

"Here you go!" Jooeun gleefully handed the full outfit to Kai. Kai saluted to Jooeun before going into the dressing room to change.She chuckled at Kai's playfulness when suddenly Baekhyun stepped right in front of her. 

"My turn." He said as he stared down at Jooeun. She looked up at Baekhyun and tried to figure out if he was still grumpy or not. "Hurry up, I'm busy." Jooeun didnt listen as she kept staring at his eyes, which were now surrounded by eyeliner. It made him look so much hotter, not that he wasnt hot without it but just..hotter. Baekhyun smirked as he leaned in until they were centimeters apart. "Are you sure Kai's your bias? You sure seem to like staring at me with those starstruck eyes."

Jooeun blushed as she looked away and started looking for clothes on the racks. Baekhyun stayed closed by as he shook his head at each article of clothing that she picked. "Ugh..just please pick one!"

"Hey this is not how a stylist should be acting."

"Im not a stylist!" Jooeun retorted.

"Alright,alright uhh...hand me the second shirt you picked." 

Jooeun found the clothing and gave him matching shoes and a pair of jeans. Just then Kai came out looking great with the outfit she picked. "Thanks Jooeun! I look so handsome!" Kai cooed as he pretended to be a moel and posed beside the dressing room door. Jooeun giggled as she clapped and gave Kai a thumbs up. Kai winked playfully at Jooeun before walking away. 

Jooeun stumbled when Baekhyun pushed her with his hips. "heey!" Jooeun complained/ 

"Pay attention to me too!" Baekhyun complained. Jooeun looked at him before she finally gave in and pushed him gently to the dressing room. Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows before shutting the door. Jooeun shook her head but couldnt stop her heart from beating fast. 

A long time seems to have past as she already had Suho's outfit prepared and Suho already changed into it. Jooeun tapped her foot impatiently as Baekhyun was still not out with 5 minutes left until the interview started. After 2 more minutes Jooeun walked up to the dressing room door and knocked.

"Baekhyun sshi, hurry up, the show starts in 3 minutes." 

"..."

"Baekhyun sshi?" No answer again. "Hey do you not like the outfit? Want me to change it?"

"Uh...Jooeun is there any of my members left?"

"No..they already left, hurry up!"

"I cant"

"Why not?"

"Theres something wrong with my shirt."

"Huh?"

"I...I think i put it on backwards cause the buttons are on my back..and its kind of tight one me so I cant take it off without someone helping me..."

Jooeun slapped her hand on her forehead. "Oh Baekhyun..why.."

"Is there really no one?"

"No..I can get someone."

"Too late then..I guess theres no choice.." Baekhyun faltered.

"What are you gonna do?"

"Not me, you. You have to come in and help me."

Jooeun was blushing furiously. "A-are you serious!?" 

"Im dead serious! My job is at crisis here!"

"How can you not take off a shirt by yourself!?"

"Its too tight on me!" 

Jooeun groaned as she didnt know what to do. But she had no other choice as she heard of the distinct sounds of clapping somone's voice booming on a mic. "Its started.." Jooeun mumbled.

"I know..so please Jooeun ah..help me.." Baekhyun begged.

Jooeun bit her lip as she put her hand on the doorknob. "Alright." She turned the knob to see an awkward looking baekhyun wearing a button up shirt baekwards. Jooeun chortled as she went inside. "You're so stupid.." Baekhyun sheepishly grinned as he turned around so she can see his back. "Yep you definitely wore it backwards.."

"I cant believe its tight on me..this is the right size..all just because I have been working out.." Baekhyun grumbled. Jooeun didnt really pay attention, she was more focused on trying to take the shirt off. Baekhyun lifted his arms as Jooeun pulled the shirt out from him. She tried her very best to not look at his chest but curiousity overcame her as she looked, and saw a fit chest. Jooeun blushed madly as she tried to look anywhere else but his body. 

"H-here.." Jooeun stuttered as she handed Baekhyun the shirt while looking at the wall. "Wear it the right way this time." 

"Yes ma'am" Baekhyun chuckled. Jooeun looked up at the wall like it was the most interesting thing to see as Baekhyun quickly buttoned up his shirt. Jooeun looked at him once he was done and smiled.

"It is pretyt tight on you, you should move up a size."

Baekhyun nodded and they both quickly got out and ran to the stage where the interview was taking place. Jooeun stopped bakstage as Baekhyun entered and the audience clapped of his arrival. 

"Ah finally he is here everyone!" The MC cheered. Baekhyun bowed to the audience and the staff.

"Im sorry everyone! There was a malfunction in my outfit." 

"Ah! Its fine its fine Baekhyun sshi! Sit sit!" The MC motioned to the empty seat beside D.O. "So Baekhyun sshi you have come at the right timing for the most important question. Your members already answered so you are the last one." The MC explained. Baekhyun went into his variety show mode as he laughed more heartily and talked louder. "Oh really? And what is the question? Baekhyun asked. The MC laughed in response. "Well..the question is...What is your ideal type?" 

Everyone went silent as they anticipated for Baekhyun's answer. Exo was asked of this question many times so most of the fans already knew the answers for all the members, of course inlcluding Baekhyun as well. But Baekhyun this time seem to hesitate..What should i say? Should I say wha I always said? Or should I tell the truth and say that my ideal type changed? 

"Now Baekhyun sshi...since you are hesitating, Im guessing that your ideal type has changed?" The MC teased making the audience go "Oooohhh" and the members laughing. Baekhyun blushed and laughed nervously. "No of course not, my ideal type is still the same."

"Do you mind telling some of us here who doesnt know your ideal type?"

"Uhh..someone who is petite, looks great in jeans, pretty when she laughs, and uh..is it too late to say that looks dont matter?" 

Everyone laughed at Baekhyun's witty comment as Jooeun chuckled herself. 

"Yes, it is late Baekhyun sshi, of course looks matter! What nonsense are you trying to say!?" The MC joked. "Now! On to the next question!"

And the interview continued, Jooeun enjoyed the first part but her mind slowly drifted to Baekhyun's answer for his ideal type. The answer was the same as before, but why did she feel so different abot it? And why did he hesitate to say it? Jooeun stared at Baekhyun as he smiled, laughed, and clapped at the funny moments of the interview. She also smiled as she saw him teasing s and teliing funny stories. It was a very nice interview.

 

"Thank you!:" The exo members bowed to the staff who worked hard for the successful interview as the ratings were very high for that night. The staff patted Exo on the shoulder telling them good job. Exo was in a good mood since their schedule ended off great, now they were back in their dressing room preparing for another schedule that was in the same broadcasting station as the interview. The members were taking a break with snacks as the staff left to give them some room except for Jooeun.

"You guys did great!" Jooeun complimented as she gave a two thumbs up.

"Thanks Jooeun sshi!" The guys chorused. Jooeun giggled and motioned for the boys to eat up. Jooun also ate a slice of pizza and listened to the boys' conversation when Baekhyun lightly hit his knee to hers. 

"Are you done eating?" Baekhyun whispered so only Jooeun can hear. She nodded as she gulped the last bits of her pizza. Baekhyun motioned for her to go out of the room and holding 5 fingers up indicating to go out after 5 minutes. Jooeun nodded and went back to listening. Baekhyun got up, threw his plate away and went out. Jooeun glanced at the clock several times so she'll go out exactly after 5 minutes. When 5 minutes came, Jooeun also stood up, threw her plate away and went out. Right when she went out, the members immediately giggled and knew that those two were meeting up.

"I knew there was something going on!" Sehun exclaimed.

"Sooo cuteee!" Suho squealed.

"Baekhyun ee is mine!" Chanyeol pouted.

"But seriously...are they really together?" D.O. wondered with his big eyes. The members shrugged their shoulders in response and went back to eating.

 

Jooeun walked down the hallway for any sign of Baekhyun. went she came to the flight of stairs she saw Baekhyun leaning against the window looking out. She smiled softly and walked towards him. "You really like looking outside dont you?" 

Baekhyun grinned and looked at her. "Yeah..enough of this. Lets go." Baekhyun took her hand and led her to two more flights of stairs before entering a hallway with many, many rooms.

"What is this place?" Jooeun wondered.

"It was the main hallway but now its old and unused, but alot of celebrities come up here to meet their couples." Right when Baekhyun explained Yoona and Lee Seung Gi cam out of a room holding hands. The two smiled at Baekhyun and Jooeun before talking to each other again.

"Oh my gosh I just saw Lee Seung Gi...with Yoona.." Jooeun looked back to see the famous couple again.

"Tch stop looking at them, they need all the privacy they can get." 

Jooeun looked away and stared at Baekhyun confusingly. "So why are we here?" 

"This is your way out."

"Huh?" 

Baekhyun led her to the end of the hallway where there was an exit door. "You obviously cant go out the front but you can go out here, many celebrities go out here. Its going to be dark, but keep going and eventually youll be at the bustling streets of Seoul."

Jooeun blinked several times as she realized shes leaving, which means she wont be able to see Baekhyun anymore. "Oh.." That was the only thing she could reply, because she was sad. Even from all the scary fan girls..she still enjoyed being in Baekhyun's presence. Baekhyun smiled as he stared at her. "Jooeun ah.." Baekhyun put his hands on her shoulders and turned her around so that they were face to face. "Can I ask you one thing?"

Jooeun nodded.

"Why did it take you so long to meet my eyes? Am I intimidating?" Baekhyun asked. Jooeun blushed and was about to look down again but Baekhyun put his fingers on her chin and lifted her face. "Dont look down okay?" 

Jooeun blushed harder but nodded. "I-I...felt..like trash.." 

Baekhyun widened his eyes.

"I know it sounds pretty harsh..but I really did..and I'll admit it Baekhyun sshi I thought you acted more..special towards me than to a lot of other fans..but that made me more insecure because I felt like you were doing this becaue you felt sorry for me because there is no way that you are attracted to me."

Baekhyun frowned. "Why not?"

"Because..you have these gorgeous perfect celebrities around you. Why in the world would you be attractive to such a normal girl like me?" 

Baekhyun seemed to be in thought as he didnt say anything for a while. Finally he spoke. "Why cant I? Did you really think I was treating you like this because I felt sorry? Thats not it at all..of course I did felt bad because it was my fans who tried to hurt you but other than that I treated you because..I wanted to treat you. For some odd reason, it feels so comfortable and good when I'm around you and weve known each other for like what? A day? Thats such a short amount of time but I feel like I've known you forever. And...I am attracted to you Kim Joo Eun, and dont say that you cant be compared to girl celebrities because at the end of the day..it doesnt matter. Their status isnt going to make them have a better boyfriend, it all just depends on..love." 

Jooeun was speechless at Baekhyun's words, she couldnt deny it because trutfhully, she agreed with him. She thought that when she met Baekhyun she would scream and fangirl over him but nope. Through this whole time. Jooeun teased Baekhyun and felt so comfortable around him. It was really weird..it really did feel like they have known each other for a long time. 

"Do you have any mutual feelings from what I said?" Baekhyun asked. Jooeun nodded unable to say anything. Baekhyun smiled, "Than I guess you wont be against this." He teased before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her in. Jooeun widened her eyes she felt her heart beat faster and faster, she felt her body tingling from the contact with Baekhyun, her mind was basically filled with fireworks. It felt so good in his arms. Jooeum slowly wrapped her arms around his much bigger torso making Baekhyun smile wider and pulling her even closer. Baekhyun puts his face on top of her head as he breathed in her sweet scent. "You smell good." Baekhyun stated. Jooeun giggled as she breathed in his scent.

"You smell good too." 

Baekhyun chuckled as he didnt expect that kind of response to come to her. They hugged for a little bit more before Baekhyun reluctantly let her go. "You better hurry before it gets dark..." 

Jooeun nodded again but this time looked at him with disappointment. Baekhyun smiled as he pinched her cheek. "Jooeun ah...we might never see each other again...maybe in concerts or fan meetings if you come, but not like this...not like how you're backstage with me, only us two alone, its going to be hard. Or I may not even be able to see you anymore...because..you have to go back to the U.S. right?"

Jooeun nodded as she felt the pang in her chest, she completely forgot about her real life, the life she has to go back to. 

"Jooeun ah...maybe youll forget about me..maybe Ill forget about you..we'll never know. But just promise me this, if we ever see each other again..we'll confront each other. It doesnt matter where, if I see you I'll confront you and same for you too okay?"

Jooeu nodded again as she felt tears b her eyes. 

"Okay..you better hurry...I have to go back to.." Baekhyun reluctantly opened the exit door making the cool breeze from the outside brush against them. Jooeun looked outside, at the trees, the birds, the skyscrapers, and many people walking along the sidewalk. No..this might be my last chance,,might as well reveal everything.. Jooeun turned back around and hugged Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun..oppa..I need to say some stuff too." Baekhyun immediately hugged her back.

"Say whatever you want." 

"First off...Kai's not my bias, you are. Youve always been my bias, I kind of just freaked out in the van and just poked Kai's cheek." Jooeun waited for his response...

"Well shoot..thats a relief I thought Kai was going to be my rival from now on." Baekhyun confessed. Jooeun laughed as she squeezed me.

"And uh...Oppa..I feel the same way too...even now I feel so comfortable and so..right..hugging you like this...and..thats it.." Baekhyun chuckled at Jooeun's cuteness and hugged her tighter.

"Is that it?" He whispered. Jooeun nodded but didnt let go. Baekhyun wanted her to stay but he knew that she was still a student and he had to be responsible. He reluctantly let go of her again. "You have to go now Jooeun ah.." 

Jooeun felt her tears drop as she stared at his wet eyes. Jooeun nodded once again. "Okay Oppa.." She opened the exit door gave him one last smile and she was gone.

They never saw each other for the rest of the year..