The Lobby

'The' Universe

Oh and this chapter is the backstory for the lobby conversation between Daniel and Yoseob in The Occasion (the one Yoseob kept remembering and he could not sleep and he invaded Doojoon’s bed). So umm i hope this is not too confusing?

 

“Doojoonie, I feel bad for the rest of the folks at the party because I dragged you home.” Yoseob snuggled closer to Doojoon.


Doojoon wrapped his arm tighter around the younger’s shoulder, smiling and planted a soft kiss on the crown of Yoseob’s head, “I hate heights anyways, why must Hyunseung organize the party in a 25-storey high lounge?” Yoseob chuckled at Doojoon’s remarks, feeling a sense of relief and warmth washing over him. 


The elevator dinged open when they reached the ‘L’ floor and they walked to the lobby, still hugging one another. 


“Yoseobah, stay inside the lobby for a minute, okay? I’m gonna get the car, we are going home soon.” He gave Yoseob a reassuring smile, wondering what happened with the younger as he looked absolutely exhausted. Yoseob nodded and waited in the Lobby as Doojoon went out to get his car that was parked at the VIP spot. 


“Do you love him?” A deep voice penetrated Yoseob’s ear. 


The blond boy whipped his head to the side and saw Daniel, with a smile on his face, looking straight at Doojoon running to his car. 


The smile.


The smile was always there, the same smile Yoseob had last seen him when he left him, when he aban– “the way you love me, hyung?” Daniel turned to Yoseob, his smile disappeared and was instantly replaced with a serious expression, both hands gripping Yoseob’s shoulders, his gaze bore right through Yoseob.


Yoseob was thrown out of balance because of Daniel’s sudden appearance. The person he had loved, had searched for, had tried to forget, had forgotten about, had moved on from, was now standing in front of Yoseob. Flesh and blood and Yoseob felt like he was living in an alternate universe where fate was nice and life was not cruel.


“Daniel, please let me go.” Yoseob struggled from Daniel’s iron grip. 


“You pretended not to know me because of him, didn’t you? You recognize me, know me, remember me. You never forget.” Daniel’s voice went lower, there was a glint of something that Yoseob could not read in the younger’s eyes, “It’s all because of Doojoon, right?” Yoseob clamped his mouth tight and narrowed his eyes on Daniel. 


“Should I play along with you?” A mocking tone, and Yoseob hated it. 


“I mean it. Let me ing go,” Yoseob’s voice was harsher, rougher, lower, more threatening. He hoped to the high heavens that Doojoon would come quickly and get him. 


“I have done that once. I do not repeat the same mistake twice. I am a fast learner, hyung.”


Yoseob shrugged Daniel’s hand from his shoulders when he saw Doojoon’s car accelerating towards the hotel entrance, “You didn’t let me go, you threw me away and those bulls about giving people a second chance, it’s not happening to you. Do not bring Doojoon into this matter, he had nothing to do with it.” Yoseob swatted Daniel’s hands away, scurried out of the entrance door, and disappeared into Doojoon’s car.


Daniel smiled sadly at himself, eyeing the platinum band on his ring finger. He did not even notice I’m wearing it. A big sigh and a small crack in his heart as he remembered Yoseob’s last sentence before he ran off.




“Daniel, I have a home now and it’s with Doojoon.”