The Proposal

'The' Universe

A/N : Oh wow, and I can post as many chapters as I want in one day here! Gosh this is amazing haha! XD

 

Doojoon stood in front of a closed apartment door, if it could be classified as an apartment. The structure of the dilapidated building was similar to small motel, where anyone could enter the premises and knock or even barge the door open. 
 


The door was in the second floor and it was directly facing the parking lot in the middle of the area, only separated by a continuous railing at the edge of the porch. There were many other doors at both sides of this door, looking as shabby and neglected. A dusty and worn-out Christmas wreath decorated the door, under a number ‘5’.
 


Doojoon knocked on the door, waiting silently for any sound from the room. But there was nothing, so he raised his hand once more and the door suddenly burst open. 



“Yes?” The big innocent eyes stared at him, but there was no recollection whatsoever in those eyes. Doojoon was slightly disappointed that Yoseob did not remember him. 



Doojoon frowned slightly, “I am Yoon Doojoon.”
 


Something flickered in Yoseob’s eyes. “Ahhh, Yoon Doojoon. The alley and the cheque. How did you find my address?” Yoseob leaned against the door frame and folded his hands in front of his chest.
 


“I got it from Hyunseung,” Doojoon hesitated before continuing, “who got it from Junhyung.”
 


Yoseob mentally rolled his eyes, “So, how can I help you today? I don’t do it in the afternoon as I need to go for my classes.” 
 


Doojoon cleared his throat, “I have a proposal for you.”
 


“A proposal? Interesting,” Yoseob raised one of his eyebrows in amusement, a coy smile on his lips, “Would you like to come in?”
 


Doojoon took a peek into the cramp space above Yoseob’s shoulder. It shouldn’t be bigger than the walk-in closet in his room. “Yeah, that would be preferable.”
 


It was a small room with a small kitchen, a small bathroom, a small short table in the middle of floor, a small bed and a small wardrobe. There was no bedroom, or any other room in that matter, other than the bathroom. The room was surprisingly neat, maybe because there wasn’t much stuff to make it untidy. 



“You can sit anywhere you want to,” Yoseob said while making coffee for himself.
 


Doojoon raised his eyebrow and whipped his head from side to side. There was no chair.
 


When Doojoon did not move, Yoseob chuckled, “Or you can stand where you are. And I believe you won't want any coffee either.”
 


“I'll just stand, this won't take too long. And I just had my coffee, thanks.” Doojoon dragged his eyes back to Yoseob. 
 


“Okay, spill it. How can I help you, Mr Yoon?” Yoseob leaned against the kitchen sink, a cup of instant coffee in his hand. 
 


The silence that followed after Doojoon said his proposal was deafening, if not broken by Yoseob’s amused laughter, “So you want me to pose as your boyfriend and stay with you in your apartment?” 
 


“Yes, and go with me to social occasions, dinners, parties, maybe the office, meetings with clients. The full package and more of those cheques will be coming your way.” Doojoon had his eyes glued on the blond's face, watching his expressions. 
 


Yoseob continued his chuckling, “I don't even spend the night with the others, let alone staying with them. And if you haven’t noticed, I’m a BOY,” stressing the most on the ‘boy’ part. 
 


Doojoon knew this question would arise and he had been rehearsing the answer, “So why does being a boy matter at all? We are supposed to be in love and love is blind, and you will definitely benefit from all of this.” Doojoon was sure he got his point across and an agreement would definitely be sealed.
 


“Why?” Another question. 
 


Doojoon shrugged, “I have my reasons and you have your cut in this deal. Easy as that.” 
 


“Are you rich?” Yoseob asked while eyeing Doojoon carefully. 
 


“Yes, I have enough for us to live comfortably if not luxuriously.” Doojoon smiled, thinking that they were all the same; it was all about the money.
 


“Get out of my place.” 
 


Doojoon was taken aback, something must be definitely wrong with his hearing. “Excuse me?” Doojoon did not expect the harsh tone. He expected an approval, a welcoming smile. But he received none of that, Yoseob’s face was hard and stiff. 
 


“You heard me. Get out of my place right now,” Yoseob walked past Doojoon and opened the door, a sign for him to leave immediately.
 


“I hate people who are exactly like you. Rich bastards who think they can get anything with money,” Yoseob was holding the doorknob so hard that his knuckles turned white, “I said get the hell out of my place!”
 


Doojoon was dumbfounded but thankfully his body still remembered how to walk himself out. When he was out of the door, Yoseob said "I hope you ran out of those bloody cheques," before slamming the door on Doojoon's face.