The Occasion

'The' Universe

“Yoseobah, you should stop asking Junhyung to cook this for you.” Doojoon placed the white translucent container with blue lid on the bar counter in the kitchen. 


Yoseob skipped out from his bedroom to the kitchen with a wide grin on his face, both hands in the air, “Chicken feet!”


Doojoon’s amused laughter filled the one-storey bungalow as Yoseob took a seat on the kitchen stool and eyed the container of chicken feet excitedly. Doojoon handed him a pair of chopsticks before sitting himself beside Yoseob and put the delicacy into his mouth. 


Yoseob’s smile broadened as he chewed, obviously exhilarated by the taste in his mouth. He turned to Doojoon and laughed at him, “Doojoonie, you have sauce all over your mouth. You can’t even eat right.” He bent forward to reach the box of tissues and pulled out a sheet to clean Doojoon’s mouth.


Doojoon’s eyes widened by the action and he avoided Yoseob’s hand by reflex. Yoseob knitted his eyebrows and grabbed Doojoon’s chin with his other hand to prevent the elder from moving away. Doojoon saw the twinkle in Yoseob’s eyes, the sparkle, the humor, and he saw the amusement in his smile before Yoseob’s face became too close for comfort.


Doojoon pulled his face away from Yoseob, trying to gain back the distance between them and his composure, “Is it gone?”


“No.”


And Yoseob kissed Doojoon full on the lips. 


Chopsticks forgotten on the kitchen counter, Yoseob moved to sit on Doojoon’s lap, one hand on Doojoon’s nape pulling him closer while the other clutched onto Doojoon’s hair preventing him from moving away. Doojoon angled Yoseob’s head for a better access to the younger’s mouth and drew him closer, one hand encircling his waist, while the other hand resting just above Yoseob’s . 


When Doojoon felt the kiss deepened, both of them breathless, and Yoseob’s hand started to tug on his shirt, he squeezed Yoseob’s hips and pushed him away. Doojoon could see the surprise in Yoseob’s eyes, still glazed with pleasure and lust, “We need to get ready for the occasion.” There was disappointment flashing across Yoseob’s face, but he nodded nonetheless. 





It had been about three weeks and a half since Yoseob moved in with Doojoon. His mouth hung open and he needed at least 10 minutes before he could close it back. The bungalow that Doojoon lived in was enormous, a place Yoseob never imagined existed, and he was going to live there, with Doojoon. It was slightly secluded, located in one of the hills, with gardens around the house and immaculately decorated rooms. Yoseob was given a room to himself, complete with a walk-in closet, a bathroom bigger than Junhyung’s previous apartment, and a scenic view of the hill and the garden.


The news of someone moving in with Doojoon spread like wild fire. Everyone was curious of the angelic creature that could stand living with Doojoon. And almost immediately, Yoseob was introduced to everybody, the friends, the families, the acquaintances, the parents. And surprisingly, the parents loved Yoseob, they were almost supporting of this relationship. Honestly, Yoseob thought that was queer. 


But it was nice. Being accepted, being acknowledged, being sort of…liked and loved. It was all very nice, and Yoseob would want to enjoy it to his heart’s content while it lasted. He would not know when they would to stop this charade and all of this would be over. 





The occasion was merely an informal fancy party for everyone in Doojoon’s circle of life to gather. They were all too busy with their own lives that an occasion was needed to simply meet, chat and catch up. Everyone was there, the friends, the families, the parents, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Dongwoon, and Kikwang. 


Yoseob was pulled here and there by Doojoon’s parents, being introduced to the others as future son-in-law, and Yoseob could not help but cringed at the status every time, partly because it was a foreign word to him, but mostly because of the guilt. He would hate breaking their hearts later on.


Somewhere between introducing Yoseob to Doojoon’s third aunt from his father’s side and his mother’s ex-high school sweetheart who became one of the closest friends and business partners, Doojoon finally pulled Yoseob away to get him eat his dinner. Yoseob hugged him close before murmuring a soft and content ‘thank you’.


Hyunseung approached them, “Doojoonah, you better feed him well. The real party is gonna start after the old folks leave. It will be amazing,” Hyunseung gave him a smug look, clasping his hands together in front of his chest.


“Yah, this is not your club,” Doojoon fed a scallop mushroom wrap to Yoseob.


Hyunseung gave him an aghast look, “I organized this….occasion. And I have prepared a better party for us, the younger ones. How could you?” Doojoon laughed at the overdramatic expression. 


Hyunseung continued, “And your favorite dongsaeng is here, he just arrived from the U.S. Don’t you want to introduce him to Yoseob?” Hyunseung raised an eyebrow, “I think he should be somewhere….there. Those ahjummas are eating him alive.” He pointed to a corner of the room, where a group of ahjummas were present. 


Doojoon nodded and took a hold of Yoseob’s hand, “Come on, Yoseobah. I’m going to introduce you to someone. I think you guys will like each other.” Yoseob stuffed another slice of baked macaroni to his mouth before he was dragged away.


Yoseob could see it, the corner of his smiling eye, his smiling mouth, the tip of his nose, the edge of his chin, the peak of his cheekbone. And he froze.


“Excuse me, ladies. Yoseobah, this is my dongsaeng when I was in the U.S. Daniel, this is Yoseob. Yoseob this is Daniel.” Daniel turned to his attention to the source of the voice and he saw Yoseob. 


It was the most excruciating five seconds of Yoseob’s life. The way Daniel’s eyes fell upon him, searching at first, then they lit up, with happiness, with joy, and the mouth turned upwards into a grin, his pearly white teeth showing. And how Daniel put his arms around Yoseob’s body and hugged him tight.


“Hyung! Yoseob hyung! It’s been a long time. I miss you!” The hug was suffocating Yoseob – Yoseob’s heart was suffocating him. He tightened his hold on Doojoon’s hand. 


Doojoon felt the increased pressure, “You guys know each other?” He was pointing to Yoseob and to Daniel, and back to Yoseob.


“Yes, we were – “ Daniel let go of the hug and clutched Yoseob’s shoulders, an awfully wide grin on his face. 


“No.” Yoseob cut Daniel’s words, not letting go of Doojoon’s hand. “No, I don’t know him. He must be mistaken.” 


“But we were – “ 


Yoseob smiled awkwardly, “You must be mistaken, Daniel. How can I know you?”


Daniel frowned his forehead, his mouth gaping open, trying to string words together but none came out.


Yoseob turned to Doojoon, “Doojoonie, can we go home? I am tired.” Doojoon nodded awkwardly, staring at Daniel’s confused face, “I’ll get the car. Wait for me in the lobby.”


Yoseob was staring up at the ceiling in his dark bedroom. It was 4.21am and he was wide awake. The conversation with Daniel in the lobby while Yoseob was waiting for Doojoon kept repeating in his mind. He slid out of his bed, wore his bedroom slippers, and walked towards Doojoon’s room. He knocked a few times before hearing a sleepy grunt from inside.


Yoseob opened the door and walked towards Doojoon’s bed. Doojoon propped himself up on his elbows, “What’s wrong, Yoseobah? Are you hungry?” He rubbed his bleary eyes and looked up to find Yoseob with an odd expression. 


“Can I sleep with you, Doojoonie?” Yoseob bit his lower lip, uncertain of his own request, his eyes pleading. 


Doojoon stared at him in silence before flipping his blanket open so that Yoseob could slide in beside him. Yoseob slipped in, Doojoon’s hands subconsciously encircled Yoseob’s waist and brought the younger closer to him. Yoseob’s head was tucked safely under Doojoon’s chin, his ear to Doojoon’s heart. Doojoon kissed the crown of Yoseob’s head and hummed softly, an action which was unexpectedly comforting for Yoseob. 


It was the first time Yoseob had slept on Doojoon’s bed after he had moved in. 


 

 

WOW! Thank you so so so much for those who subscribed and viewed and commented on this series. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL OF YOUand i'm loving this whole font and colour thingy wooohhhoooo!! And oh, i found a few familiar names here, heyyy you guys *waving frantically* :) So yeah anyways, i hope you all enjoy this fail story OTL and thank you so much for all the support!

 

Spread the Dooseob love <3

 

no, seriously this font and colour thingy is fantastically addictive and i am totally in love with Daniel.