The Curiosity

'The' Universe

Junhyung was still clad in his oversized tee shirt and baggy pajama pants, hair sticking out any other way when he started preparing breakfast in the kitchen. Hyunseung, with his sheep-printed pajamas and fluffy bedroom slippers, sat on the dining table, watching Junhyung. One elbow propped on the table, supporting his head by the cheek. 


And Junhyung saw Hyunseung’s phone on the dining table. He hated how the elder was always so busy, how his phone was always ringing with messages, calls, and chat messages. 


They grabbed Hyunseung’s attention away from him and he hated it.


When he had finished all the cooking and brought all the food to the table, he saw Hyunseung furiously typing on the phone. An amused smile on Hyunseung’s face, and when he looked up he asked, “Junhyungah, Seobie still lives at the same place, right?”


Junhyung nodded with a frown, “Who’s that? I told you no phone-touching on the dining table.” 


Hyunseung chuckled, he loved it when Junhyung nagged like a housewife, “It was Doojoon. He was asking for Seobie’s address.”


Junhyung placed the plates one by one on the dining table, an eyebrow raised, “Then did you give it to him?” Junhyung gave Hyunseung his pair of chopsticks and a spoon.


Hyunseung received the eating utensils from Junhyung and nodded, “Yeah. Thank you for the food.”


A glare from the younger man, “You should have asked me first, it was my apartment. Do not give my address to strangers.”


“You gave your apartment to Seobie. It’s not yours anymore,” Hyunseung took a bite of his rice and nodded in approval of the taste.


Junhyung scowled at him, “That was only because you bought me an apartment next to yours and forced me to move in here.” Junhyung took a sip of his soup.


Hyunseung beamed at him, “That’s right, this is your house and that is Seobie’s.” 


“Please, this is exploitation at its finest,” Junhyung rolled his eyes. “Just because you live next door, you can’t just barge in here and woke me up to cook breakfast for you,” Junhyung scoffed, pretending to be irritated and infuriated, when he obviously enjoying the morning company. 


Hyunseung’s laughter rang clear and loud in Junhyung’s head, a familiar sound, “Aww, poor baby. Too bad.” Hyunseung Junhyung’s cheek, shrugged nonchalantly and continued eating. Junhyung smiled as he stole a last quick look at the older man. 


Junhyung hated Hyunseung.


He hated the way Hyunseung blinked his eyes because his long eyelashes will flutter and it made Junhyung weak in the knees. 


He hated the way Hyunseung curled his lips into a smile because it made Junhyung go insane, with just the thought of kissing the elder. 


He hated the way Hyunseung called his name because it was dripping with affection and flirtation that Junhyung wanted no other names but his to fall out of the elder’s mouth.


He hated the way Hyunseung held his hand because it made Junhyung feel possessive and he refused to let go of the hold.


He hated the way Hyunseung hugged him tight because it made Junhyung suffocate due to the tightening in his chest.


He hated the way Hyunseung kissed him because it took away Junhyung’s resolve of never loving the elder and left him breathless and confused. 


He hated Hyunseung because he made Junhyung love him.


And Junhyung could not love him because both of them had so little give and take and this kind of relationship was doomed from the start. It will break Junhyung’s heart and he was not sure if he could ever recover from the pain and restore his heart in one piece without losing a big piece of it to the man who was sitting and eating in front of him. So, Junhyung thought, we will stay this way for the time being. 


“Why did Doojoon ask for Seobie’s address?” Junhyung’s chopsticks stopped halfway to his mouth.


Hyunseung shrugged, “I’m not sure. But I know Doojoon, he always has a clear and sound reason behind everything he does, and this is not an exception. I’ll ask him later and maybe you can ask Yoseob.” He smiled assuringly at Junhyung, took and hold of his hand and squeezed it lightly, wondering if the younger was worried about Yoseob or Doojoon. 


Junhyung stared silently at Hyunseung. He wondered about Hyunseung’s own reasons for all that he had done for Junhyung, and Yoseob too. 


He never asked, but he made sure that one day he would.