The Visit

'The' Universe

Hyunseung hummed softly while swinging his feet lightly underneath the dining table, elbows perched on the table supporting his chin, eyes observing the busy chef in the kitchen, phones tucked away in drawer in their bedroom because Junhyung insisted no phone touching during meals. 


Dongwoon and Kikwang were out on a frivolous please-just-get-them-out-of-here mission of getting the latest copy of Home & Garden magazine (because Hyunseung would like to start getting cactuses), a few cans of Coke (because Junhyung worshipped them), some chicken feet (because Yoseob died when Junhyung refused to make them for him tonight), not so much for Doojoon because he was too engrossed in watching his soccer match on Hyunseung’s LCD TV and lounging on Hyunseung’s real-leather-absolutely-spacious sofa. 


Yoseob’s blond head was on Doojoon’s lap, he too was focused in watching the match, muttering soft curses and complaints under his breath towards the players, while one of Doojoon’s hands rested on the blonde’s stomach and the other one absentmindedly his hair. Junhyung was moving nimbly around the kitchen, boiling anchovy broth, cutting some homemade kimchi, scooping out jap chae, preparing ginseng rice. Sweat started to trickle down the side of his face, an apron tied tightly around his hips while a white cloth was slung over his right shoulder. 


Hyunseung smiled to himself, this was the exact scene Hyunseung wanted to live in for the rest of his life. The six of them having dinner, the younger ones kicked out of the luxurious apartment so that they will not mess things up, Doojoon and Yoseob being disgustingly happy and loving, Junhyung making dinner and Hyunseung watching him. 


Junhyung cooking for him, for Doojoon, for Yoseob, for Kikwang, for Dongwoon, maybe for a child or two in the future. A feast for a family. 


Hyunseung was lost in his own imagination when the doorbell rang. He strutted to the door and opened it with a big welcoming smile which instantly faded. It was not the tall man with an almost-foreign look or a muscular man with irresistible eye smiles that he saw on the door. It was not Dongwoon and Kikwang. Instead he saw an ocean of velvet red, rose-red. A bunch of dark roses was stuffed into Hyunseung’s face and a handsome man with his signature childish smirk and mischievous eyes peeked from the side of the bouquet. 


He saw the roses and then Kwon Jiyong. 
Hyunseung blinked in confusion, mouth slightly gaped open, “Ah, Jiyong-shi? How can I help you?”


Jiyong grinned in amusement, obviously elated to catch Hyunseung off guard, “I told you I was giving a surprise visit then we would go on a date. The club, the kiss, I asked for dinner, movie, anything, remember?” Jiyong flapped his hand in the air, “Should I wait for you to get ready inside?” Jiyong poked his head into the apartment to get a better view.


Hyunseung blinked again and laughed awkwardly, “Bad timing, I am having dinner with my friends. I can’t go out with you. Won’t go out with you.” He took the roses and waved them, “Thanks for the roses though, appreciate it.” 


A blond head suddenly appeared in the foyer, “Hyung, who’s that?” Hyunseung turned his head to see Yoseob looking at Jiyong, “Is he joining us for dinner too?” Doojoon came up from behind Yoseob and hugged the younger’s waist tightly, resting his chin on Yoseob’s right shoulder, “Yeah, he should be invited for dinner. Come on in.” Hyunseung squinted his eyes, Doojoon was greeting his guest in his house, inviting his guest for dinner without his approval. Perfect.


An extra chair was pulled up to the dining table to accommodate the new addition, an extra set of plates and eating utensils was prepared on the table, Yoseob situated himself next to Jiyong and started having conversation with him, trying to break the awkwardness by introducing himself and Doojoon and Junhyung, while Doojoon resumed his soccer match. Hyunseung swore he was going to buy Yoseob an apartment of his choice, and get Doojoon to marry him and give him at least half of the hotel’s ownership share. 


“Junhyung-ah,” 


“Hmm?” Junhyung answered with a hum, trying not to lose focus on his cooking.


Hyunseung leaned on the kitchen wall, hands folded in front of his chest, and started talking without breathing, “We have a guest his name is Kwon Jiyong and he came to meet me and I was trying to make him go when Yoseob and Doojoon appeared on the door and Doojoon being the smartass that he is, invited him for dinner and now he is sitting with Yoseob on the table waiting for your food and there will be seven of us instead of six, do you want me to kick him out?” 


Junhyung stopped and turned his head at Hyunseung, an amused smile tugging on his lips, “No, I don’t mind him. Do you?” Hyunseung scrunched up his nose, “I hope he doesn’t eat too much of the ginseng rice.” Junhyung laughed, pressed a quick kiss on Hyunseung’s cheek, and resumed his work. 


“Hyungg!! We are back, look at what we’ve – Ahjussi, who are you?” Dongwoon stared at the man sitting down with Yoseob on the dining table. Kikwang widened his eyes in disbelief, “No way.”


“Ah , these are the boys I told you about. Dongwoon and Kikwang,” Yoseob pointed at both boys respectively, “Dongwoon, Kikwang, this is Kwon Jiyong, he is Hyunseung hyung’s friend. Could you two please greet – “


Kikwang’s eyes were suddenly five times wider as he approached Jiyong, “I can’t believe you are here in person, GD-shi. I have been a fan for so long.” He came up and grabbed Jiyong’s hand for a handshake. “I was tending the bar when I heard you in London. And you are amazing. I mean amazing,” Jiyong laughed and bowed in gratitude for the compliments. Kikwang looked at their joined hands, “And I am holding your hand right now.”


Dongwoon came and pulled their hands apart, “Yeah hyung, you are killing him by crushing his hand. Let go.” Kikwang did let go but did not stare away. Dongwoon was about to turn Kikwang’s head with his hands when Junhyung and Hyunseung emerged from the kitchen with all the food. 


“Yah, guys, dinner time. Let’s go. I need to pack for tomorrow so do not waste my time,” Junhyung bowed politely at Jiyong who bowed back as they exchanged short introductions. Everyone started scrambling to the dining table noisily and it was chaos once again.


Dinner was nice. It was chaotic, it was lively, it was comfortable, it was not awkward. It was dinner with friends, and it was nice. And Hyunseung loved every second of it. How Kikwang was absolutely star struck and Dongwoon tried his best to get him back to the real world, how Yoseob was completely honest (“Doojoon bought me flowers before and he pushed them inside my – “) and how Doojoon covered the younger’s mouth just in time before everyone got a nightmare from whatever Yoseob was going to share, how Junhyung was scooping rice for him, refilling water for him, paying attention to him. Jiyong looked like he had a great time too, it was not awkward, it felt like there were supposed to be seven people to begin the dinner with. 


Dongwoon and Kikwang were the first ones to leave, because Dongwoon needed to go for cram school on the Saturday because he failed his grades, and Kikwang was going to help him purchase some assessment books and help him study them. 

Yoseob and Doojoon were the next to leave, because Hyunseung insisted that Yoseob should just rest at home instead of helping Junhyung wash the dishes and Doojoon should just get Yoseob the hell out of there. 



Jiyong was the last one to leave, and when he reached the door, he turned around and grinned at Hyunseung, “You have great friends, and an amazing boyfriend.” Hyunseung grinned back, sincere and warm. Jiyong continued, “I had so much fun, much more fun than any show I have ever done. Thank you for the dinner.” 


Hyunseung’s teeth were perfect when his grin broadened, “You are not welcome anymore, my friends hate you and my boyfriend will kill you.” 


Jiyong smiled at Hyunseung’s reply, “Have a good night.” Hyunseung waved at him, bidding goodbye, “You too.”


And Hyunseung’s eye widened when he felt soft lips pressed onto his for a split second and then it was gone. “I told you it would be on the lips next time.” Jiyong laughed and skipped away, leaving a shocked Hyunseung at the door. 


After pulling himself together, he turned around and walked into the kitchen. Soft sound of running water filled the space. He approached Junhyung and hugged him tightly from the back. Junhyung smiled, “Tired? Wanna get some sleep? I’ll clean up.” 


Hyunseung buried his face into Junhyung’s back, taking in the younger man’s scent as much as his lungs allowed him to, “Don’t go, Junnie. Don’t go. Stay here.”


Junhyung chuckled softly, “It’s just a Chef Conference in France which I need to attend. I will be back in a week, it’s not like I’m going forever and not coming back. I am not going anywhere.”


Hyunseung tightened his hug on Junhyung’s waist, buried his face deeper onto Junhyung’s back, and he could see the childish smirk, the mischievous eyes, could feel the kiss on both his cheek and lips, he could see and feel Kwon Jiyong, "He kissed me on the lips."


Junhyung stopped, "Then what did you do?"


"I didn't do anything. I don't know what I am feeling, Junnie. I am scared. Don't go."


"I'm gonna be back before you know it. I am not going anywhere, Seungie."



You are not going anywhere but I am afraid I will.