The Dragon

'The' Universe

Doojoon keyed in Yoseob’s birthday into the electronic device at the side of his office door. The light turned green and a soft click sound was heard. He pushed the door open to find Hyunseung sitting on the chair in front of his working table, hands resting on the chair’s arms, one leg on top of the other. 


Hyunseung glanced at his watch, “Yah, you are late,” without even turning his head to Doojoon’s direction. Doojoon strode to his mahogany table, “Seriously, how did you get in here?” 


Hyunseung turned to look at Doojoon and said incredulously, “Doojoonah, let’s pretend that moronic question never came out of your mouth.” The elder made his way around the table and sat in his high-backed leather chair, “Fine,” he clasped both of his hands professionally on the table and smiled, “So how can I help you today, Mr Jang?” 


Hyunseung chuckled lightly, “Nah, I’m meeting someone in about,” he took another glance at his watch, “14 minutes and 49 seconds. I came with Junhyung but he is already busy being your chef, so I’m bored.” 


“So you decided to come here to kill time and kill me. Sure,” Doojoon nodded thoughtfully. 


Hyunseung winced, pretending to be hurt by the sarcasm while Doojoon grinned at him. He tapped his lower lip and asked, “Rough night?” Doojoon automatically touched his own lower lip, mimicking Hyunseung’s action and met with the dry blood. Doojoon smirked conceitedly and said, “Nope. Rough .” 


Hyunseung laughed outwardly, absolutely amused by Doojoon’s arrogance, “Yah, don’t be so conceited. Junhyung and I did rough like – “ 


“Hyyyuungg!” 


Hyunseung was cut off by a soft click on the door and a loud greeting from an overgrown boy. Dongwoon walked casually into the office, “Doojoon hyung, did you use Yoseob hyung’s birthday as your citizen security password too?” It was supposed to be a joke, a laughing matter, but Doojoon looked like a deer caught in a headlight, eyes widened and mouth gaping open and close. Hyunseung caught Doojoon’s expression, “Oh. My. God. Dongwoonah, he totally did. Oh my God.” 


“No – No – I –“ Doojoon stuttered. 


“No , hyung, you really did! Hyunseung hyung, he really did!” Dongwoon squealed in pure excitement, “Yoseob hyung is the best!” Doojoon threw his head down in defeat, “,” muttering softly under his breath, “Yeah, I changed it.” 


Loud laughter rang to Doojoon’s ears like a mocking jeer, “Because I need to have one set of numbers for all of my passwords so I won’t mix them up.” Doojoon tried to defend himself. “Yeah but why changed it in the first place?” Dongwoon was too sharp for his own age and Doojoon cursed silently at the maknae’s quick wit. Hyunseung chimed in with a fake high-pitched annoying voice, “It’s because Doojoonie loves Yoseobie! Awww, aren’t you guys sweet!” 


“I was just…Dongwoonah, why aren’t you in school?” Doojoon suddenly realized that it was a weekday. Dongwoon gave him a confused look, “Today’s a public holiday, hyung. No one goes to school.” 


“But Yoseob went to school this morning.” A hint of uncertainty laced Doojoon’s voice. Dongwoon shrugged, “Maybe he needs to do something?” 


“I bet he is in the library, Doojoonah.” Hyunseung gave Doojoon a reassuring look, sensing something too similar to suspicion from the elder. Doojoon smiled a little, but his eyes were wary, he wondered if Yoseob lied and met up with him. 


Hyunseung took a last look at his watch and rose from his seat, “Gentlemen, excuse me. I have something to attend to and I will see you folks tonight.” He bowed slightly, walked out of the immaculate office and down the grand spiral staircase to the vogue cocktail lounge in the lobby. 


“Yah, Dongwoonah, I need to go too – something urgent just came up. I’ll see you later.” Doojoon went out of his office. “Yah! Hyung! Yah, what is this!” Dongwoon’s irritated voice faded as the elder ran down the staircase and out of the glass entrance to get his car. 


Hyunseung caught a glimpse of a running Doojoon before entering the cocktail lounge. When he walked to the back of the lounge, he saw a slender figure sitting in the corner, next to the window. 


His black hair was short and flawlessly styled, black fringe spiked up, earrings adorned his perfectly shaped ears, clear eyes with a mischievous glint and a smirk that he gave to Hyunseung when the latter approached him. It was not as swag as Junhyung’s, nor as attractive, but there was a hint of childish charm to it. 


“Hi, GD-shi, I’m Jang Hyunseung.” Hyunseng extended a hand to him, a polite smile on his face, “Nice to meet you.” 


The man’s eyes travelled upwards and Hyunseung was sure it was because of his hair. Hyunseung pointed at his hair and chuckled lightly, “It’s the hair, isn’t it? Junhyung told me I look like a bloody carrot with this color.” 


The man observed the bright orange hair and commented, “I was just stunned by the gorgeousness of everything that is you. This color really compliments your fair skin.” He smirked and took Hyunseung’s extended hand, “It was stunning in so many ways. I am Kwon Jiyong and the pleasure is all mine.” 


Hyunseung raised his eyebrows, not flattered by the compliments, thinking of the man as a dangerous species with smooth words, and he should never get involved with him in any way personal at all. The polite smile stayed as he took a seat across this modern-day alligator, “So Jiyong-shi? Or GD-shi?” 


The older man chuckled, “Jiyong will be fine. G-Dragon or GD is my DJ-ing name but people call me Jiyong.” Hyunseung nodded softly, “Okay. So Jiyong-shi, what is your decision?” 


Jiyong was slightly taken aback by Hyunseung’s straightforwardness. He did not try to sweet talk him, coo him, instead it was a harsh question, right down to business, and he somehow liked it. Well, Jiyong could have a bit of fun with Hyunseung. 


“I will take the offer if you agree to have dinner with me.” Jiyong moved forward, supporting his chin on the table with the back of his hand, waiting for an answer. 


An awkward pause and Hyunseung flashed his overly-trained smile, “My club is the place to be seen, it has received extensive popularity amongst club-goers and celebrities alike. It will be a beneficial symbiosis if we decide to work together.” 


“You are saying no.” 


“I am saying the simple facts if we are to work together.” Hyunseung tilted his head, trying to keep his composure against the aggressive species sitting across him. Jiyong grinned, “So this Junhyung guy is your boyfriend then, I presume?” 


“Yes,” Hyunseung said calmly, his stares unwavering, and Jiyong was beyond attracted to this tough nut. “Cool, where do you live? I will pick you up Thursday at 7 and feature in your club this weekend.” 


Hyunseung’s smile stayed when stood up, “Jiyong-shi, I build professional relations with my performers based on trust and respect. I deeply apologize to have wasted your precious time. I hope we will still have the chance to work together next time. It was a pleasure to meet you.” Hyunseung bowed politely and excused himself. Jiyong stared as Hyunseung walked gracefully out of the cocktail lounge. 


Such a fascinating creature.