The Thoughts

'The' Universe

“Hyung, I’m busy. Stop calling me.” Dongwoon’s voice was firm and clear. No hesitation or regret for blowing Kikwang’s date request.



“Yah, Son Dongwoon. You have been saying that for the past, what, three weeks or something?” Disappointment was loud and clear over the phone, but Dongwoon was determined to not take pity.



“Hyung, I am always busy. I need to maintain my grade. I was failing but now that I am back on my feet, I need to keep this up. And my finals are coming. I need to take this seriously, Hyung.” Dongwoon could hear the pout on the other side of the phone, “Dongwoonah, are you angry with me?”



Dongwoon stopped revising his notes and took a deep breath, “Why would I be, Hyung?” There was a short silence on the other side and a soft voice answered, “I don’t know… Because I am moving away?”



Dongwoon rolled his eyes in frustration, he needed to get Kikwang to understand, but later, later when everything else was done and confirmed. He could not tell him now, it was too soon. “You should settle that, Hyung. Seriously, have you done any preparation?” 



Kikwang was hesitant, “No. I was thinking to – “



“Hyung, you should get something done already, I mean , you know, things like, trying to see where you can buy furniture over there, how to get there, transportation means, check the weather, start packing your things, buy some medicine, go for a checkup, if you must, study your English, get acquainted with – “



“Dongwoonah, I was thinking of not going at all,” Kikwang’s voice was still soft, but solid and Dongwoon knew that Kikwang was serious in all aspects of his life.



“What – what – No – I mean don’t – No, I mean go. Go, Hyung. You must certainly go. Get the job and go. You have accepted the job, right?” Dongwoon started pacing in his own bedroom, trying to assure his Hyung.



Kikwang sighed, “But you will be alone. I won’t leave you here alone.”



Dongwoon wanted to pull his head off his neck, he wanted to tell Kikwang his plan, but it was too early, many things were still left unconfirmed, unsettled, and this frustrated Dongwoon. It frustrated him because if the plan went through, it would change his life, Kikwang’s life, his other Hyungs’ lives, and he bet Doojoon and Hyunseung would be so proud of him. 



“Idiot, what did you take my father for? He can always fund me to go there, maybe stay there for a while, you know,” a light chuckle from the other end, “and I won’t be alone because you will always be in my heart.”



Kikwang gagged on the other side and Dongwoon laughed at the sound, “Calling you is a mistake. It is a mistake. I am hanging up now.”



“Hyung, I love you.”



“Oh my God, Dongwoonah. Call me when you are less disgusting. Bye-yeom.” The line was cut off, leaving Dongwoon with nothing except silence. A small smile on his lips, he could even hear the blush creeping to Kikwang’s face. But on top of everything, he needed to do one thing.



, he needs to study now. 


**************



Hyunseung liked this shop café. 



It was a pleasant space, not entirely secluded from the city scene, but definitely well-shaded by big trees, well-surrounded by flowers that Hyunseung did not even know existed. The glass-covered dome conveniently reflected the sunlight, illuminating everything inside, the chairs, the tables, the chocolate showcases, the menus, the small flower pots on every table, the delicious handmade chocolates, the glasses, the plates, the petite figure sitting with them around the table.



Hyunseung liked this chocolate shop café. 



It was pleasant and bright and absolutely attractive. He just hated the fact that every nice attribute that Hyunseung liked about the shop café was directly translated into a petite woman with long wavy brown hair, big doe eyes, brown and deep orbs, absolutely attractive and bright smile, who was sitting with them on the table. 



He did not really like the woman who owned the chocolate shop café, the woman Junhyung met during his Chef Conference in Paris, the woman he had told Hyunseung about with such admiration and awe, the woman who glowed and beamed, blinding Hyunseung and Junhyung with her personality.



Hyunseung did not like her when she slapped Junhyung’s arm playfully, when she stole a glance at Junhyung, when she laughed heartily at Junhyung’s stories, when she pouted at Junhyung’s jokes, when she fixed her gaze to Junhyung’s, when she flipped her hair while talking to Junhyung, when she clasped Junhyung’s hand because she was too happy to finally meet Hyunseung.



Hyunseung really, sincerely tried to not like Goo Hara, but she was too sweet, too nice, too funny, too bright, too pretty, too fragile, too kind, too genuine, too honest. And he should hate Junhyung too, since he responded to her with almost the same level of intimacy. 



And she was too talented to be hated. 



Damn her and her chocolates.