Similarity

Frozen Heart [editing]

»  “Unnie! Wait up for me, unnie!” A child’s call could be heard, filling the unknown place which was beautifully decorated with its whiteness, blush of pink and a dash of blue paints on the unreachable walls here and there. The child looked around in wonder - she was also dressed cutely in a soft purple gown with a pair of ballerina shoes. “Unnie?”

Upon hearing her name being called by her dear sister, the mentioned person spun around, sending her little sister a small smile. Her eyes resembled the beautiful crescents as she knelt down five meters away in front of the little girl. “Se Kyung, what are you doing here? You are not supposed to follow me, dear.” Softly, her lips made its sweet words to persuade her dear sister, to go back to the reality world.

Running into her embrace (as if she would never see her again) Se Kyung quickly buried her face into the loving sister’s chest. And just like that, the endearing and peaceful sight of that place was created. “Where had you been, unnie? I missed you so, so much.” A lone tear escaped Se Kyung’s sparkling eyes. She gazed up at the angelic face as a tap could be felt on the top of her jet black hair.

The girl, who was wearing a complete white gown which matched her brunette, exclaimed. “This place is not for you, Kyungie. Not yet. You should go back to your life, okay? I promise that we will meet again soon.” With that, the familiar girl slowly dispersed into the soft breeze of the place.

Stumbling upon the sudden disappearance of warmth, the little Se Kyung called for her dear sister in anxiety. She hoped to see her again. She missed her sister and the mystery of her disappearance will remained untouched. A wail escaped her small pink lips as the tears streamed down her cheeks. She shut her eyes tight with a hope that her beloved sister will come back.

 

‘Till we meet again in the heaven.’

 

 

Untitled-4.png

Untitled-4.png

 

 

 

»  "Wake up.” A frown appeared on Xiu Min’s forehead when he noticed that Se Kyung was trembling lightly in her sleep. The doctor declared that she was completely fine by now though. It was just her body, which was still weak, prevented her from opening those soft eyelids of hers. Knitted his eyebrows lightly, Xiu Min tapped her fingers in worry. What’s wrong with her? Is she having a bad dream? He pulled the chair closer and stared at Se Kyung’s trembling figure. “Se Kyung…” Surprised upon hearing the gentleness in his usual rough voice, Xiu Min widened his eyes in disbelief. Did I just–went soft with her? The frown on his forehead faded away when the realisation hit back to him. Of course, she is just a child. A pure, innocent one. Placing his palm on the top of her warm head softly, Xiu Min her black hair in the intention of calming her down. His eyes landed on her bangs, which he unconsciouslly swept away, before a small smile crept on his lips. She  really reminds me to—

A light groan escaped Se Kyung’s pale lips, snapping the trail of thoughts that belonged to Xiu Min. He quickly hid his hand behind before the flutter of her eyes opened slowly, just like the way the butterfly spread its soft wings. “Unnie?” A soft mumble could be heard as soon as her blurry gaze fell onto Xiu Min’s flawless face.

Tilting his head slightly, Xiu Min blinked at her sudden call. He placed his arms onto the marginal of the hospital bed as he stared at her dark orbs in curiosity. He never thought that a girl like Se Kyung would have a sister, but then again, he didn’t know about her background at all. They were just a mere stranger who happened to meet each other in the most unexpected way. “Your unnie is not here.” Slowly, he stated  out when Se Kyung squinted her eyes slightly to get a clearer view around her. “This is Xiu Min.”

Frowning, the girl tried to sit up from the lying position, but then she got held back by a pair of strong hands. Turning her head around at Xiu Min in confusion, she asked. “Where am I?” Her gaze landed at the soft brown curtains of the huge room which wouldn’t allow a single light to get into the room. Although the window was covered by the soft material of the thick curtains, she knew that it was dark out there due to the queit surrounding of the room.

“In the hospital.” He answered briefly before he the heater at the bedside, upon realising that Se Kyung was shivering lightly. “Y-you almost suffocate.” Stutters escaped his lips when the vivid memory of his ex-girlfriend’s death appeared at the corner of his mind. His eyes flashed hurt but then it disappeared as fast as it had appeared in the first place. Xiu Min was not someone who would flash his emotions easily but the fact that he managed to save Se Kyung from facing the death made him wished that it could have been his late girlfriend, who he should have saved instead. He knew that he was harsh for wishing on that way, but at least there was still hopes lying inside of him.

Relieving a soft sigh, Se Kyung nodded tiredly. She stared low at the white blanket of the hospital bed, remembered her dream of her lost sister just now. As surprised and scared she was, Se Kyung never was a cry baby. Even though she came out as a completely cheerful girl yet seemed to be like a frail girl at the same time, Se Kyung was really not like one of them girls. Because the sudden loss of her one and only beautiful sister had made something inside of her (more like her frail side) to disappear in order to face the harsh reality. No one really knows where her sister went to; despite the fact that she had a strong feeling that her parents actually were keeping something out of her knowledge. Truth to be said, Se Kyung wasn’t afraid of leaving the world, as she was curious about her sister’s disappearance. But was the dream tried to tell her something? Was it even a dream? Why did it seemed to be so surreal? How was it possible for her to felt the warm embrace of her long lost sister if it was just a mere dream? What did she meant with each of her words? Why did she had to disappear again?

Her thoughts found its ending when Xiu Min tapped her arm gently, sending her a look which she couldn’t determine. “Don’t worry about your family and friends, they are at home now. Asleep.” He misunderstood Se Kyung’s troubled gaze by thinking that she was curious about her family. Xiu Min knew that he was crap at comforting people, especially for a girl who almost face the death. Thus, he hoped for her family -or even that annoying diva dude along with his friends- to come and comfort Se Kyung instead of him awkwardly trying to look after her. When he thought about it again, Xiu Min has never seen Se Kyung’s elder sister come to visit her from the moment she was brought into the hospital. Strange. Isn’t her older sister worried about her?

Moistening her lips slightly, Se Kyung averted her gaze towards Xiu Min with a single nod. She stared at him before the corner of her eyes caught the modern silver clock of the room. “Why are you still here?” Her voice croaked as she tilted her head up. “It is already 3 in the morning. Aren’t you tired?” Sweetly, she asked. The shock of almost suffocated and that surreal dream filled her mind - yet right now she just wished that she had someone who she could embrace.

Standing up to pour a glass of warm water for Se Kyung, as he noticed that her lips was dry, Xiu Min left the question hung in the mid-air without an answer. It is Kris’s stupid decision that make me to look after you. The huge amount of insincerity stuffed his frozen heart as he glared at the running warm water deathly. Right before he could turn around and hand Se Kyung the water, the sharp look in Xiu Min’s eyes disappeared on purpose to avoid any weird assumptions.

Reaching out her hand, Se Kyung forced herself to sit up without too much help from Xiu Min. She didn’t want to be a burden for him anyway, since he had helped her a lot. Her weak grip found its way around the... cold glass of water. A frown could be seen on her smooth forehead before she took a sip on the supposedly warm drink. Abruptly, she coughed in shock. A gentle pat could be felt on her back as she glanced up at the male beside. “T-this drink is c-cold.”

Widening his eyes in disbelief, Xiu Min grabbed the glass from Se Kyung’s grip. Indeed, the surface of the glass was cold, it even felt freezing. Damn it. It must be because of this foolish power of mine. He patted her back lightly before he walked towards the private bathroom of the V.I.P’s hospital room, leaving Se Kyung in puzzle.

 

 

Untitled-4.png

 

 

Shutting the expensive wooden door rather forcefully, Xiu Min went straight to the silver sink. He threw the cold water of the glass harshly before he pushed the faucet up, making the water ran rapidly. Placing his palms on the corner of the sink in frustration, Xiu Min gazed down at the running water. He knew that if a single glare which he sent to the warm water could freeze it in instant, then it means that his phobia for females wouldn’t do any good for him when he was trying to look after Se Kyung.

Trying – but at least he could try. For the sake of his beloved late girlfriend... and to proof Kris that he could get over this trauma. But how could he? After two years of losing, after two years of grieving, after two years of regret – would he be able to pass over the line of the painful past?

Letting out a loud groan, Xiu Min slammed his fists onto the sink. It hurts; yes. But the voices of failure in his mind made him felt even more frustrated. The scene of his suffocated girlfriend played over his mind once again. The hope was so thin, he was sure that he will never pass that invisible line of the hurtful memory. Again, the squeeze in his heart tightened, telling him that he still hasn’t let go or to neither accept the cruel reality of the death of his girlfriend. Xiu Min was still in love with her although he knew that it was far too late for that fragile feeling in his heart to appear.

Wake up, coward. Face the reality. Splashing the cold water onto his face harshly, Xiu Min tried to encourage himself barely. He stared up at the mirror which reflexed the miserable life that he had. Roughly breathing, he shut his eyes momentarily, pushing the thoughts of the past away. His ears perked up lightly upon hearing the soft knocks which came from the outside of the expensive wooden door. Without thinking further, Xiu Min pulled the door open and the pale Se Kyung could be seen at the door frame. She stood there with so much efforts that she might fall if she didn't lean against the wall.

“Are you all right?” Curtly, the girl asked with her worried gaze. She was puzzled by his sudden act - even though he had been so cold towards her before, she had never seen him so frustrated like this. But as soon as his face was flashed clearly in front of her, Se Kyung swore that she saw the vulnerable-self inside of those hard orbs of Xiu Min. She flinched as her eyes widened at the moment Xiu Min pulled her into a hug. True – she wished for a warm and comfortable hug before, but this hug didn’t come along with those features. Instead, it came with dullness, grief, and desperation. What happened to his life that make him to be like this? Despite the fact that she felt uncomfortable with the sudden contact, Se Kyung wrapped her arms lightly around his waist. She knew that he needed someone by his side more than herself who was the actual patient.

Shutting his eyes tightly, Xiu Min leaned against her shoulder. He didn’t know why he embraced her in the first place, but her scent, the anxiety which wrote on all over her face when she gazed at him – it strongly reminded him to his late-girlfriend. He missed her so much. At least for now, Se Kyung could made the longing faded for a tiny bit due to the similarities that them both had. As impossible as it sound, he was desperate to meet her again. She smells like honey – the scent of her. Maybe I should change Se Kyung into Min Yun, so that this longing could fades away.