Learning the Truth--At Last!

You Must Choose

CL

GD suddenly burst through the room, but Bom ushered him out to talk to him alone. All I had to do now is talk to Dara--alone.

While Dara was talking away with Minzy, who was playing in her phone. I shot her a text, telling her to leave and explaining why.

Minzy held her stomach, pretending to look sick. "I think that corny pizza had a little bit too much grease!" She ran out of the room to the nearest bathroom, the opposite exit where Bom and GD were.

Dara pursed her lips. The tension between the two of us was so awkward, it was unbarring.

"So..." I began. "How have things been?"

"Fine," Dara replied sharply. "How have YOU been?"

I found it strange when she stressed saying "you." She was onto something.

"I'm fine. How have you been since GD... Ya know..." I threw the topic out.

"Oh! Yeah! Uh, still shaken up, but I'm fine, I guess." Dara's eyes were flying around the room.

I nod my head. "What exactly happened that made him do that?"

"I don't know. I was just trying to help him find something I thought he lost, then he just... Kissed me. I tried to hard to try to push away, but he was too strong," Dara explains.

"What was the thing you thought he lost?" I ask, stiffening up.

"I think it was his phone." Dara thought about it. "Yeah... It was."

"Funny. When I was talking with him before you took him inside, his phone was in his pocket..." I thought aloud.

"Must've been someone else's phone, then," Dara says. "Such a shame they can't get it back."

"Yeah," I say, glaring at her. She was looking anywhere but at me.

I remembered what Bom told me: "tell her you knew you'd never do something like that."

"I was just curious to make sure you were okay." I have Dara a bright smile. "I knew you'd never do something like that."

Dara stared into my eyes for the first time. She gave a tiny smile. "Thanks," she mutters.

Bom comes back into the room. "Dara, you're screwed!!" She nearly attacked her, causing me to jump up and pull Bom away.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Dara was the one who started making out with GD," Bom replied darkly.

Dara's jaw dropped. "EXCUSE me?!"

"GD told me the truth. I wanna hear you tell me what you told CL." Bom stared Dara down.

When Dara finished telling Bom her side of the story, Bom shook her head. "You're lying." Bom explained how Dara started it, which was why she wanted to bring GD back inside the stadium in the first place. Bom also mentioned how GD kissed her back, which hurt me, but not as much as when I didn't know the truth. Bom added that Dara made it look like GD started it.

I looked at Dara, disappointed. "How... How could you do this to me?"

"You guys are actually BELIEVING him?!" Dara hollered. "I cannot believe you would accuse me of using your boyfriend, CL. HE cheated on YOU."

"Alright, that's enough, Dara!" Bom shouted. "GD's explanation seemed more believable. What do you think, CL?"

I glanced at Dara, furiously shaking her head no. "Yeah. I agree."

As Minzy came back from the fake bathroom trip, Dara shoved passed her and she nearly fell. "What's with her?" Minzy asks.

I was in too much shock from the truth I just took in, so I let Bom catch Minzy up on what happened.

"So... Does this mean the end of 2NE1?" Minzy frowns.

"Of course not! Dara just needs to apologize," Bom says.

"As if she ever will," I muttered.

"Unless there's proof of Dara starting it, there's no way she'll apologize," Minzy agrees.

Bom smiles. "Except we do have proof."

"What? How?" Minzy & I ask together.

"The security cameras. If we can get the tapes from the security cameras from where they were, we'll know who started it!" Bom explains excitedly.

Minzy gasps. "You're right..." She murmurs.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Bom cried, taking my arm.

We had to ask Yang Hyunsuk if we could check out what happened. When he asked why, we told him it was because Skydragon was in danger.

Funny thing is, he surprisingly fell for that!

When we got the tapes, we had to fast forward to the very end. There it is--Dara attacking GD.

"So he was telling the truth..." I murmured.

"Yeah..." Minzy whispered.

"We need to find Dara and show her this," Bom said firmly. "She'll have no other choice to apologize."

Speak of the devil, Dara walks in, looking stunned. "What's going on?"

"PROOF!" Bom shouted. "Minzy, roll the tape."

"Rolling!" She replied.

Dara watched in awe as the video went on. "CL... I'm just--"

"You don't need to apologize, Dara," I tell her, feeling Bom's eyes burning into my head. "GD's yours. I'm over him. I like someone else."

"That's not what I was gonna say..." Dara said darkly.

"Oh?" I ask in amusement. What else could she have POSSIBLY wanted to say?

"Well, I did want to apologize," Dara said, taking a step closer to my face. "I'm sorry that GD is mine now." She chuckled as she left the room. I couldn't help but roll my eyes--I was finally over GD. It felt good!

Minzy and I had to tackle Bom to the ground so she wouldn't kill Dara. "I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE JUST SAID THAT!!!" Bom hollered repeatedly.

"We know, we know..." Minzy muttered.

Bom took a deep breath and controlled herself again. "How are you feeling, CL?"

"Like I really hate Dara now," I answer instantly.

"So I'm not the only one," Minzy said.

"Nope!" Bom smiles an agitated smile. "I don't think she'll wanna go to the club with us now."

"Neither do I," I agree.

"Do you want me to tell her she shouldn't come?" Minzy gulped.

"That would be great, if you don't mind!" Bom pats Minzy's shoulder.

Once Minzy left, I turn to Bom. "You really don't have to go through all this trouble for me. It's too much."

"No, I did." Bom smiles her first real smile. "I think it's good we all know the truth."

I smile happily at her back. "Me too."

After a few moments of silence, Bom speaks up. "You told Dara you like someone else. Is that true?" She asks, talking about Kris.

"I think I just said that to show her I'm not weak," I admit.

"Will you stop shutting out your feelings for Kris?! Admit it: you like him," Bom states.

"I'm not admitting to anything!" I hissed and began laughing.

"Say it!" Bom scrunched her nose.

"NEVER!" I made the same face.

We stared at each other for a long time. I finally have in. "Okay. Fine. I do like Kris."

Bom clapped her hands and hugged me until I couldn't breathe "AAAHHHHH!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!"

"Knew what?" Minzy asks when she comes back, a bit shaken up.

"CL LIKES KRIIIIIS!!!! CL LIKES KRIIIIIS!!!!" Bom sung and danced around Minzy.

"NO SIR!" She shouted. "Didn't I tell you you deserved a guy more like him?" She joined Bom in their little celebration.

"Am I interrupting something?" 

GD.

Everyone goes quiet. Bom and Minzy glance over at me, but I gesture for them to leave. "CL, I--"

"I know the truth," I say sternly, looking at the ground. I could feel my face form an angry look.

GD sighed. "THANK GOD!" He laughed, relieved. "Will you ever forgive me?"

I nod. I finally look into GD's eyes. "I can forgive you, but I can't trust you again."