Difficult Conversations

You Must Choose

KRIS

"KRISSSS!!!!!" Tao whined.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"I'm tired," he said.

"I am, too. It's been a long night." I didn't bother to get up from my seat.

"My gosh, you're lazier than Luhan!" Lay exclaimed, trying to pull me up.

"Hey!" Luhan shouted. "How many times do I have to tell you? The alarm clock is too soft for me to hear..."

"Hey, look! The 2NE1 girls are going by!" Chen pointed out. I flung my head around to see if I could find CL. "Gotcha!" Chen smirked.

"Not cool," I said, shaking my head.

When we were getting ready to head back to the SM studio, Sunny wouldn't shut up about losing to 2NE1.

"I mean, why do THEY win all the awards?" Sunny remarks. "We should've defeated them with Mr. Mr. I mean, seriously. Come Back Home has too much auto tune."

"Not if you listen to the unplugged version," I muttered.

"You're just saying that because your CL's little fanboy!" Sunny scolded, causing everyone to shout "OH!!!"

"Speaking of which, she's right over there," Xiumin says, nudging me.

"What?" I look up and saw her for a split second, smiling. She ran away. "I'll be right back."

Before Sunny had time to make a crude comment, or for Xiumin to stop me, I was walking as fast I as could behind CL. "Hey," I said, tapping her shoulder.

"Hi," she said, looking anywhere but at me.

"Were you watching the cool kids party?" I ask teasingly.

"No, I just... Went the wrong way, that's all," CL replied, sounding nervous.

*She's much more shy than I was expecting her to be,* I thought. *She looks upset.*

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah! Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" CL says anxiously.

"No, you're not," I stated. I forced her head to look at me, and saw tears streaming down her eyes.

*She looks beautiful even when she cries,* I thought. "What happened?"

CL explained how she saw GD kissing Dara, and how he's always hitting on other girls. I finally told CL that he doesn't deserve her, and she deserves better. She seemed shocked from my response, because she turned bright red.

"CL!! CL!!" We could hear GD calling from a distance.

CL in a breath. "I can't face him yet!"

I finally stand up. "I'll go talk to him. Wait here."

"C- hey, are you that kid from EXO?" GD asks, smiling, but still worried.

"No, I'm from Crayon Pop," I say flatly. 

GD laughed. "You're funny!" He gets that strange look on his face again. "Have you seen my girlfriend? Long, blonde hair? I think I saw her running around here somewhere..."

"Yeah. I was talking to her, actually." I glare at GD. "CL, right?"

GD's eyes widened with horror. "Uh, yeah. Did she tell you...?"

"Yeah. She did." I chuckled sarcastically. "Why would you do it?"

GD's jaw dropped. "Me?! It was Dara! She started making out with me and made it look like I was the one who started it."

"That's not what CL told me," I say darkly.

GD gulped. "She came in at the wrong time."

"No matter when she 'came in,' it is still just wrong!" I hissed. "Let me rephrase that: why would you LET Dara kiss you?"

Silence. A few minutes went by before GD said anything. "I don't know. Can you please just let me see CL? I need to apologize."

"She doesn't want to see you right now. I think it'll take a lot more than an apology to get CL to forgive you," I reply firmly.

GD nods in surprising understanding. "Okay. Just... Can you tell her the limo will be leaving any minute now?"

"Fine," I say.

I went back to check up on CL, who was twiddling her thumbs, joined by Park Bom and Minzy. "How'd it go?" She asked, voice wavering.

"Alright. I think GD does feel genuinely bad," I answer truthfully.

"You deserve someone more like HIM, unnie!" Minzy told her.

"Minzy, now's not the time," Bom said firmly.

"Could I have a minute to talk with Kris?" CL asks.

"Of course!" Bom turns to Minzy. "Let's go tell the limo driver to go without us. He can come back."

"God knows how long that will take..." Minzy whined as they walked away.

"CL, I'm so sorry about what--" I was taken aback by her tight hug around my waist, her head against my chest. My heart beat so fast I thought it would explode. I was afraid she could hear it.

"Thank you, Kris," CL says sincerely. "I'm sorry for melting down in front of you! I'm so embarrassed."

"Don't be." I smile, not knowing what to say.

After CL lets go, we stand there awkwardly for a few seconds. "Tell you what," I begin, "I'll give you my phone number, and you just call or text me whenever you need to talk. I'll always be here."

CL's eye went wide. "Won't our managers kill us?!"

"Don't worry! Whenever you're alone, just shoot me a text and we can talk." I could feel a grin trying to emerge on my face. *SCORE!* I thought.

"What about you? What if you're not alone if I text you?" CL's concern made me want to be with her more.

"Nah, if my manager gets mad at me, so be it. It's not like I'm killing anyone, right?"

"Yeah, same goes for you." CL gives a sad smile.

After swapping phone numbers, we go around the corner, where the rest of EXO and SNSD were lingering around. CL gives me a quick hug and says goodbye, and leaves to finds Bom and Minzy.

I turn back and found all twenty of them staring at me as if I really DID kill someone. *Crap. Did they see CL give me a hug?* I thought.

"W-were you just... H-hugging CL?" Sunny murmurs.

"Yeah. So?" I question.

"KIM YOUNGMIN IS GONNA KILL YOU, HYUNG!!!!" Chen shouted as Sunny shook her head.

"CL was upset. What were you expecting me to do?" I ask. "Besides, I think you're forgetting she's a human being like us."

"Yeah, we know. She's under our competitor's company, though," Lay states. "Just... Be careful."

"I don't see what the problem is..." I mutter as we leave to go back to Korea.

After a little over three hours of flying and going back to our dorms, Xiumin and Luhan start nagging me.

"What were you thinking?" Xiumin orders.

"What did you say to CL?" Luhan demands.

"What took you so long to come back?"

"Does she like you?"

"Do you like her?"

"Way to bombard me with questions," I said.

"We just wanna know what happened!" Xiumin begged.

"It's... Personal," I tell them, not knowing if CL would be okay if I told them what happened.

"Why would it be so personal?" Luhan asks.

"She's having... Problems," I decide to say.

"What? Is it that time of month for her?" Xiumin scrunched his nose.

My cheeks were burning. "No! How would I know?!"

"Maybe you asked...?" Luhan suggested as started cackling.

"Ew. You guys are disgusting," I say upfront.

"If it's personal, and she can tell YOU, why can't you tell US?" Xiumin orders.

I sigh. "Okay. Fine. Just don't mention it to anyone else, okay?"

"Fine, just tell us, please!" Luhan demands.

So, in a hushed voice I told them. About how GD cheated on CL with Dara. How I had a little "chat" with GD. How CL hugged me. I left out the part about trading numbers, though.

"So, wait a minute--CL HUGGED you TWICE?!" Luhan said in digust.

"Yeah..." I said.

"And you LET her?!" Xiumin added.

"Yes..." I reply, expecting more.

The duo drop their frantic looks and smiled. "Okay!" They chimed together.

"We were just curious," Luhan plainly said.

"Oh... Kay?" I got confused.

"Okay. Goodnight!" Xiumin says, turning out the light.

"'Night!" Luhan wrapped himself in his blankets.

After that interesting conversation and the curious wonders fell asleep, I lied awake, replaying the scene with CL. I wasn't sure if she was still going to end up forgiving GD and get back together with him. But if she did, I mind as well forget about her.

But if she doesn't, could I have a chance?