Telling EXO

You Must Choose

KRIS

I couldn't believe it. CL was pregnant. How are we supposed to keep this a secret? How would I tell the rest of EXO?

How will I tell our manager?

"What did CL wanna talk about?" Xiumin asks when I let him and Luhan back inside.

"Um..." I say, feeling too shocked.

"Um what?" Luhan imitates. "She sick or something?"

"I... need you guys to keep this a secret... Okay?" I tell them.

Both of their expressions became serious. "Okay," they reply in unison.

I in a deep breath. "CL's pregnant."

Luhan's jaw dropped. Xiumin burst out laughing. "KRIS STOP YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!" He hollers.

I gave Xiumin a blank stare. "I'm being serious.

"The only child you have is Tao!" Xiumin cries, causing Luhan to chuckle.

"Daddy, will your shower buddy be replaced?" Luhan jokes, lightening up.

"You guys are ridiculous. I'm dead serious," I hiss.

Luhan's smile flashes away while Xiumin's laugh fades. "What? How?" They ask together.

"Do you know how babies are made?" I ask, talking in a baby voice.

The two idiots burst out laughing until they cried. "Of course! You had a unicorn zap a baby into CL's stomach!" Xiumin yells, tears rolling down his face.

Luhan couldn't breathe. "I thought CL shoved--"

"Okay! Okay! You guys are clearly way too immature to handle this," I say, rushed. "She really is pregnant. That's why she was calling me."

"So... That's what you've been doing with CL each week..." Xiumin concludes.

"Using unicorn powers on her?" Luhan asks, grinning.

"No, stupid!" Xiumin lightly smacks him in the head. But of course, since Xiumin is so strong, it still hurt Luhan. "We're being serious now. Besides, unicorn powers are Lay's."

When I give the dynamic duo another blank stare, Luhan asks "Why would she get checked without you? You are the... um... father after all."

Xiumin shifted uncomfortably. "Feels weird knowing you'll be a dad."

A shiver ran up my spine. I hadn't thought of it that way. Being a dad?! At 24 years old?! It scared me, quite honestly.

"CL wants to give the baby up," I state.

"WHAT?" They both snap.

"She wants to give the baby up," I repeat.

"Why?" Luhan asks.

"CL needs to focus on her career," I explain. "I do, too. We all do. We can't let a baby distract us, especially since it'll need lots of attention at all times. CL doesn't want the public eye to know about it. Imagine how much drama would start between SM and YG."

"How long have you known CL again?" Xiumin asks.

Ignoring his comment, I continue. "If CL changes her mind about putting the baby up for adoption,
that would mean the baby would probably go from CL's house to our dorm."

"If that happens, promise me none of us will have to change diapers," Luhan begs.

"But I'll need help!" I complain, surprisingly childishly.

"Hey, you are the daddy!" Xiumin reminds me.

"Yeah... I know..." I say, feeling guilty for some reason.

"I think it would be exciting," Luhan admits. "You're younger than me and having a kid. Heck, I don't even have a girlfriend!" I guess I was making an angry look, because Luhan made an awkward face. "Sorry. I didn't mean it like that."

"It's fine," I say, feeling slightly embarrassed.

Xiumin frowns slightly, processing what Luhan said. Moving on, he asks "How will you tell the others?"

"I don't have a clue," I say desperately. "The same way I just told you guys, I guess."

"Well, what are we waiting for?!" Xiumin exclaims, tugging my arm rather hard. "Let's go!"

Xiumin practically lifts me up off the ground. "KRIS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY!!!" He hollers, running around the halls.

Luhan had to chase us Xiumin was running so fast. "Come out quick!" He called out to the other members.

Once we finally got to the living room, Xiumin threw me on the couch. "Ow," I say flatly.

Before he could respond, Luhan ran in, nine others following. "Kris... is..." Luhan breathes from running around so fast.

"KRIS IS GONNA BE A BABY DADDY!!!" Xiumin exclaims.

I smacked my forehead.

"What?" Everyone asks in confusion.

"You heard him!" Luhan cries. "Kris is gonna be a baby daddy!"

And then the questions of confusion began.

"What are you talking about?" Lay demands.

"Are you guys being serious?" Chen asks.

"When did you find out?" Suho wonders.

"HOW did you find out?" Baekhyun questions.

"Who's the mother?" Sehun asks.

"Yeah, seriously, who IS the mother?" DO repeats.

"This is probably a prank, guys. Calm down," Chanyeol states flatly.

"No, I don't think it is..." Kai mutters.

"I just really hope it's not Jessica," Tao hissed. "She's a ."

"Don't be ridiculous," Luhan snapped, "because it's not. And watch your language!"

"I'd have to agree with Tao, though... She is..." Xiumin murmurs.

"Okay, so, can you just PLEASE explain to us what's going on?" Kai begged. "I was on the phone with Taemin!"

So, from then on, I answered all their questions and explained everything to them. I told them it was real, Jessica is not the mother, but CL is (which caused everyone to flip out), and that CL wants to give up the baby.

"SO YOU HAD WITH CL?!" A mortified Chanyeol hollers.

"Why does she want to give the baby up?" Suho asks in shock, ignoring Chanyeol.

I decided to ignore Chanyeol, too. "She wants to focus on her career, I guess," I reply. "I do, too."

"People are going to be really judgmental towards both of you. And the fact that you'll being giving the baby up," Lay points out.

"Yeah, what are you going to do when people find out?" DO agrees.

"They won't. CL won't be seen by the public eye," I reply.

"What will she do when people start questioning her sudden 'disappearance?'" Suho asks.

"...Good question," I remarked. "I'll ask he'd about that later."

"What if people don't notice?" Chen asks.

"Since 2NE1 just had a comeback, with CL's absence or just not performing at all, people will get suspicious," I explain.

"I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SLEPT WITH A 2NE1 MEMBER. THAT'S WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING EVERY FRIDAY?!" Chanyeol hollers in frustration.

"Well... It's pretty clear if you didn't get the message until just now..." Sehun mutters.

"No, I did!" Chanyeol retorts. "Why didn't you tell me?! Bom and I could be married by now!"

"Chanyeol, Chanyeol." Baekhyun turns Chanyeol by the shoulders to face him. "She's eight years older than you. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN."

"Age is just a number!" Chanyeol hissed in a valley girl voice. "Are you roommates with anyone in 2NE1, Baekhyun?"

"No, but I am with eleven idiots..." Baekhyun murmurs. 

"So CL really IS pregnant, huh?" Tao sighs in wonderment.

"Yeah. Hard to believe, right?" Luhan says.

"Yeah, yeah. Everything's said and done." I roll my eyes.

"The unicorn must be pretty happy." Xiumin grins at Luhan and me.

"What?" Lay asks in confusion.

Chuckling, Luhan says "Nothing. Absolutely nothing."