Changes

You Must Choose

CL

I was in the practice room with the rest of 2NE1, practicing the dance routine for "Gotta Be You." It's been a long time since we've promoted it, but since the release of the music video, we decided to promote it again.

And I was doing terrible.

I kept on falling down, tripping other dancers, and took dozens of breaks at a time. I was even dizzy.

"CL, are you alright?!" Minzy asks worriedly when I collapsed the first time.

"Yeah... I'm fine," I reply, smiling sheepishly.

"You don't look fine," Dara mutters.

Bom comes to my side and pats my head. "It feels like you're running a fever. You need to sit out," she recommends.

"No, no! Don't worry about me," I say. "I didn't sleep well last night."

"You've been saying that a lot," Dara says flatly.

It was the truth. I say that only because I felt sick to my stomach. The last thing I wanted was for anybody to be worried about me--especially the overprotective Park Bom.

Bom glares into my eyes. "CL. Sit out."

"No," I respond sharply.

Being taken aback my stubbornness, Bom stands back up, helping me. "If this happens again, you will rest," she tells me.

Lucky for me--or for all of us, I should say--I managed to get through one whole dance rehearsal. By the time we were halfway through the second one, I rushed to the bathroom.

"CL! CL!!!!" Everyone yelled for me.

Covering my mouth tightly, I ran into the nearest bathroom, locking the door behind me. I threw up in the toilet, feeling like absolute .

"..." I mutter.

"CL! LET ME IN RIGHT NOW!!!" Bom hollered.

I wiped my mouth with a paper towel and flushed the toilet. When I opened the door, Bom stared at me. "My gosh, what's happening to you, CL?" She demands, tears welling up from concern.

"Got a mint?" I ask, barely moving my mouth.

"Chaerin, stop kidding around!" Bom hissed. "Is something going on with you that you're not telling us? More specifically, ME?"

Bom meant business when she called me by my real name. Everyone did. So, I sighed. "I have no idea."

Bom took a few steps back, rolling her head on her neck. "We're going to stop practice. I'm taking you to a doctor."

"No, Bom. It's probably just a stomach bug," I reassured her. "Kris bought me some candy last night, and I... kind of ate it all." I look down, feeling ashamed.

Bom looked at me with horror. "That's just it," she murmurs. "Kris did this to you, didn't he?"

"No! It's my fault I killed a whole bag of gummy worms!" I retort.

Bom came close to my face, scrunching her nose from the scent of vomit. "If you don't tell me what's going on when we go to the hospital, I'll tell everyone about your weekly meet-ups with Kris."

My eyes went wide. Bom was the only person I told about meeting Kris at the club. I may not have told her about what we do, but I still couldn't risk not having trust in her anymore. "I'll explain everything on the way," I decide.

Bom grinned in victory. "Good."

Bom told the dance instructor to cancel the rest of practice because I was really sick. Bom mentioned she would take care of me and bring me to the doctors'. We both got suspicious looks from Minzy & Dara, but I decided to ignore them.

Bom and I went into her car, driving quickly to the doctors'. "Spill," Bom orders.

So, I do. I tell her that Kris and I had every Friday night after the Mnet Countdown. Bom was not a happy camper.

"I cannot BELIEVE you would have with EXO'S KRIS!" Bom exclaims. "EXO is under SM! Oh, do you have any idea how everybody would be upset by this? And now, stuff is... Happening to you, because of HIM!"

"Hey, you DID say you thought I would look good with Kris," I remind her.

"I know. And I was happy that you two are together," Bom explains. "WAS. I didn't mean it for you to screw each other whatever chance you got!!!!"

That stung to hear Bom say that. I knew it was true, so I couldn't be angry at her. I could only be angry at myself. "I know," I say.

"What if GD found out about this?" Bom asks, softer.

I pulled my knees to my aching stomach in worry. "He never even crossed my mind," I confess.

"That's not an answer," Bom says, more sternly, but kept her voice down. "I asked what if GD found out."

I sigh, feeling guilty. "He'd be crushed."

"Exactly," Bom says. "Especially if someone comes out of this."

I looked at her in confusion, and all Bom did was mouth "mommy." I rolled my eyes, praying I wouldn't be one.

The rest of the car ride was silent. Bom drove right past the doctors' office.

"Why'd you go past it?" I ask flatly.

"Well, if you're new name is Mommy, then the doctor will only assume that!" Bom cries with agitation in her voice. "The hospital will give us real answers."

"Shouldn't Kris be with us then?" I ask. He was part of this, too.

"No. I don't want him near you again," Bom says sharply.

"You're not my mother, Bom!" I shout.

"And he's what probably will make YOU one, Chaerin!" Bom snaps back. She inhales deeply. "I just don't want him to hurt you. That's all."

It felt like a mother/daughter scene. I was playing the roll of the daughter who wants to be with her boyfriend, except her mother--in this case, Bom--wouldn't let her. "He at least deserves to know," I murmur, almost inaudibly.

Bom and I put on our sunglasses and sweatshirts so we wouldn't get recognized. I was scheduled to meet with Dr. Kwon, an older lady who has been my doctor since I became an idol. I knew she could be trusted.

"Okay, CL, come have a seat right here," Dr. Kwon says sweetly, patting down on the flat surface of the patient's table. "Would you like Bom to be with you?"

I looked at Bom with what I hoped were pleading eyes. "Is it okay, Bom?"

Bom nodded, seeming glad. "Of course," she replies hoarsely.

Dr. Kwon went into asking me all these questions. "How long have you felt sick?"

"Few weeks now," I reply.

"When did the vomiting start?"

"Today."

"Are you ually active?"

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, feeling Bom's staring eyes. "Yes."

Dr. Kwon scribbled some notes down. "When was the last time you took your pregnancy pill?"

I crossed my legs. "I can't remember," I murmur.

Dr. Kwon nods. "When you had the first time, was it unprotected?"

I could really feel Bom's hard glare. "Yes," I reply, feeling too ashamed.

"Who was your partner?"

"Wu Yifan." I called Kris' real name to be more sophisticated.

Dr. Kwon glances up at me with what seemed like disapproval, but quickly went back to writing her notes. "I'll be back with the tests."

As soon as she exited, the excruciating silence began between Bom and me. I hadn't fully gone into detail with Bom about everything because she didn't need to know every tiny detail. It was all personal. Of course, Dr. Kwon had to for the tests.

"What are you going to do?" Bom asks.

"About what?" I say, glaring out the widow.

"If you do have a baby?"

Silence again. "Put it into adoption."

"Why don't you just abort? Nobody will know or find out," Bom suggests.

I stare at her in disgust. "I'm not a killer, Bom." With that, she did not respond.

Dr. Kwon came back with a the testing equipment. "Bom, I am going to have to ask you to leave unless CL wants you to stay."

"She can stay," I whisper.

Dr. Kwon nods. "Okay."

After what felt like hours of testing, it was finally over. I had never felt so scared in my entire life.

"Chaerin..." Dr. Kwon says seriously.

"Yes?" I ask, voice shaking.

"How long have you been feeling sick?" She asks, voice wavering as well.

"About a month," I estimate.

Dr. Kwon makes her lips form an "o" shape and lets out a sharp breath. "What you have been experiencing the past month was morning sickness. The child was conceived on December 13th, 2014. As of now--January 10th--the baby is healthy. Congratulations, CL--you're going to be a mother." Dr. Kwon gave a weak smile. 

I couldn't breathe. My heart stopped. My career, my friends, my fans, my life. It was all coming to an end. Bom was crying. I couldn't tell if they were sad or happy tears.

I wouldn't cry. I wanted to, but I hate to cry in front of people. Of course, I balled when GD cheated on me, but I couldn't fight it this time.

"CL, have you had with Yifan since the first time?" Dr. Kwon asks.

I nod yes.

"Have you experienced any complications since?"

I shook my head no.

"The baby will be fine," Dr. Kwon says. "And you can still have even though you're pregnant."

"That won't be happening, Dr. Kwon," Bom speaks up. All I could do was glare at her.

Dr. Kwon nods, feeling the tension between us. She tells me that there will be a monthly check-in on the baby and eventually find out the gender. "Can you make sure the public doesn't find out, Dr. Kwon?" I ask nervously.

"Of course, but it is your decision to reveal your pregnancy to everyone or not," Dr. Kwon says.

I bow. "Thank you for your time."

The car ride back to our house was dead silent. Not a word was spoken. My hands held onto my abdomen, knowing another living being would be growing below the surface for the next nine months.

I had to tell Kris.

"Bom, I need to call Kris," I say.

"Okay," she says, "go ahead. I take back what I said earlier. You can still be with Kris. Don't let anyone know, though."

I smile. "Thank you, Bommie."

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings.

"Hello?" Kris asks, with people taking in the background.

"Hey, I need to talk to you about something," I tell him.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Can you go somewhere alone to talk? It's private."

"Y-yeah, sure," Kris replies nervously. "Luhan, Xiumin, I need to talk to CL."

After hearing Luhan and Xiumin's complaining, I start talking. "Remember the first night?"

"First what--? Wait, yeah, of course," Kris says in a y, husky voice. "Why do you ask?"

"Something came out of it," I state.

Kris was silent. "CL, I don't understand." His voice was kept low.

"I know, Kris, I know," I sigh. "I'm... pregnant."

More silence. I could hear Kris' heavy breathing. "You sure?"

"Yeah. Bom made me go to the hospital. She figured out what was going on," I reply.

Kris sighs in frustration. "Are we going to keep the baby?"

"I don't think it's the best idea," I say. "I don't want an abortion, either."

"So the baby would go into adoption."

"Right," I reply. "Which means I can't go out in front of people."

I could hear Kris fall onto his bed. "Yeah. Next nine months will be pretty hard I guess, huh?" He whispers.

I chuckle softly. "Yeah. I'll figure something out, though."

"Okay," Kris says. "When will I get to visit you?"

"Soon, I hope," I reply. "I'll need to tell Minzy and Dara. Not sure how either will react, especially Dara."

"Yeah, I don't know how to tell everyone over here, too," Kris says. There was more talking in the background. "I gotta go, CL. Ill try to text you later, okay?"

"Okay. I love you," I say.

"I love you too," Kris replies sincerely.

---------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: YES! A pregnant CL like u all wanted. ;))

Id just like to point out I know absolutely nothing about what happens during pregnancy. Of course, I know that a baby grows for nine to ten months. But I don't know how often people would go to get checked out, or when they find out the gender of the baby. So just bare with me! :]]]]

About the time frame, Mama 2014 will be on December 3rd this year. So Friday, December 12th was the day EXO and 2NE1 met up at the club. (And the incident with Jaehyo happened.) it wasn't until the next day CL and Kris were doing all that "fun stuff." ;)) so four weeks after Saturday, December 13th, would be Saturday, January 10, 2015. I hadn't realized this story would flash forward THAT much! :O

Leave ur predictions in the comments section. Hope you enjoyed! ;)

Saranghae<333