Telling 2NE1

You Must Choose

CL

"Bom, I feel sick..." I whine.

"I know it'll be hard," Bom reassures me, "but if you don't say anything, you could get in huge trouble."

We pulled into our driveway, my heart pounding. "I can't do this," I say, sighing.

Bom reaches over and pats my lap. "They'll understand."

"What about Dara?" I question. "What if she thinks the baby is GD's?"

"Relax, she's with that Super Junior guy now." Bom rolls her eyes. They suddenly dilate. "How will you tell GD?"

My stomach dropped. We were just talking about that before we got to the hospital. The thought terrified me. I'd forgotten about GD, thinking about the baby! Thinking about telling him filled me with horror.

"I... Um... I'll try to talk to him sometime over the next few days," I stutter.

Bom gives a sad smile. "It'll be okay."

The two of us headed inside. Minzy and Dara were waiting patiently. To my surprise, Dara started shooting Bom and I down with questions.

"Are you alright?" Dara asks. "What do you have? Flu? Cold?
Was our dance instructor being too harsh?"

"Whoa, whoa!" Bom raises her eyebrows in shock. "Not so fast. I haven't seen you this concerned about CL since she scrapped her knee two months ago."

Dara sighs. "I know." She looks at me. "CL, I'm really sorry for what I did. I should never have acted so immature. Ever since I kissed GD, I knew it was the wrong thing to do. If I hadn't done that, you'd probably still be with him!" Dara lets out a small, guilty chuckle. "If anything, I'd say I had one too many drinks that night. And I also hate ignoring you and you ignoring me. I really am sorry, CL." Dara awkwardly holds out her hand for me to shake. "Friends?"

I could sense Bom and Minzy were smiling. I pulled Dara into a hug. "Friends," I reply. It felt good not to be fighting with her anymore.

However, what came next did not feel so good.

"I need to tell you guys something I found out at the doctor's," I murmur.

"Anything," Minzy says.

I held my breath as if I were going underwater. "The doctor told me I'm pregnant."

Minzy and Dara stare at me, zero expression. It was like they didn't understand what I said. "Guys?" I ask.

Dara was the first to speak. "Who... Who's the father...?"

"Not GD, if that's what you're thinking," I respond.

Dara's eyes widen. "I'm over him,
honestly. I was drunk, remember?" When I nodded, Dara continued. "Besides, I might like someone else…"

"Leeteuk?" Minzy asks brightly.

"Yeah, him," Dara states quickly. "Anyway, this is more important. Who's the father?"

"Err… Kris…" I mutter.

Minzy's jaw dropped. "That guy from EXO?"

I nod. "Yup."

Minzy snarled. "Kai was a jerk. But he was hot."

"What?" Bom asked, grinning.

"Nothing," Minzy added quickly.

Ignoring Minzy & Bom's comments, I continue. "Kris and I have been seeing each other for a while now. I haven't been here every Friday because we'd meet up at the club."

Dara's mouth had been hung open since I said Kris' name. "How long have you known him?"

"Since the night of Mama," I say, refusing to say how I met him.

Dara's cheeks turned pink.

"CL's giving the baby up for adoption," Bom announces.

Dara raises her eyebrows. "Why don't you keep it?"

"I wouldn't have the time to care for it," I reply

"Why not abort?" Minzy asks.

Giving her the same answer I gave Bom, I say "I'm not a killer."

"Are you going to reveal it to the public?" Dara asks.

"No, so I would need to be inside all the time until about August or September, depending on when the baby comes," I explain.

"You'll catch cabin fever," Minzy tells me.

"No, I won't," I reply, smirking.

"Wouldn't you need to tell everyone at YG? So they know you won't be able to work?" Dara points out.

"Oops. Didn't think of that," I say flatly.

"We could just tell them not to reveal your pregnancy to the public," Bom suggests.

"Yeah, let's do that," I agree.

I decided I would do all the talking and explaining to everyone. First, I called Mr. Yang, of course.

He was not happy about it.

"KRIS GOT YOU PREGNANT?!" He hollered.

"Yeah…" I reply softly.

"How could you even THINK about seeing someone from EXO? Let alone, see someone from SM?!" Mr. Yang hissed.

"He was really nice to me, though!" I whined like a child. "I got to know him really well."

Mr. Yang sighs in defeat. "You need to tell Ji Young."

"I know," I reply, slightly aggravated. "I'll be telling him in person."

I could hear Mr. Yang sigh on the other line. "Good luck, Chaerin. Just… take it easy in him, alright?"

"Yes sir." And that was our conversation.

I then talked to Epik High, Lee Hi, Akdong Musician, even 1TYM. They all seemed to have had mixed emotions about it—from excitement to nervousness.

Then it came down to Big Bang.

With shaking hands, I frantically searched through my contacts for GD's number. As soon as I dialed, I could hardly breathe.

"…hello?" GD's husky voice asks.

"Hey, it's me," I replied.

I heard some sloppy gasps, wondering what could be happening. "Oh, yeah! Hey, CL! What's up?"

"Are you drunk?" I asked flatly.

"I might've had a drink or two..." GD babbled.

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn't see me. "I need to tell you something."

GD gasped, but I could tell it wasn't from the comment I just made. He groaned, and yelled "WHAT?!" as though he were in pain.

"I think it would be better if I told you in person," I blurted.

GD began to chuckle. His chuckle turned into a laugh. "You still like me, don't you?!"

"GD, exactly HOW many drinks have you had?" I rephrased my question from before.

"Ehh… I dunno… can't remember…" GD's voice trailed off.

"That's when you know when to stop," I say through gritted teeth, "or you start to think irrational thoughts."

"Aw, you so cute, CL!" GD giggled. "I could pinch your cheeks if you were her right now." He moaned.

"GD, I didn't call you to have phone with you!" I snapped, getting irritated. "Seriously. Since you're too wasted as it is to see me and listen to what I have to say, then I'm not telling you until tomorrow. Or the rest of Big Bang."

"Alright, alright, five pm tomorrow everyone else, BOOM! Got it," GD says quickly. "Gotta go… JE—"

And he hung up.

---------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: hi guys! Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. With the school year coming to a close, I've been tying up loose ends, and it hasn't always been easy!

Anyway, I apologize, too, for how short this chapter was. To give you a heads up, the next one's gonna be pretty short as well. Guess who'll be narrating?

GD!!! :D

I know he hasn't really had his chance to shine in this story, so I thought that we could see how he will react when CL tells him about the baby. Will he be angry? Will he be sad? Will he be happy? HAS HE MOVED ON? :O

Happy to leave you on a cliffhanger kekeke!!! >:]]]]]]]

Saranghae<333