Get Ready!

You Must Choose

CL

I sat in shock as GD stomped out of the house, shaking. He finally knew the truth.

And neither of us like it.

"GD! Wait!" Bom yells, running after him.

I watched GD & Bom through the huge window that stood above the driveway. It looked like GD was trying hard not to get mad, but he did a terrible job at doing so.

Bom shook her head, yelled "That won't do anything!" and came back inside.

Bom placed both hands on the edge of the marble countertop in the kitchen, put her left foot over her right ankle, and slung her head down. "Kris is screwed," she says.

"What? Why?" I demand.

"GD is trying to find where Kris' dorm is," Bom explains in distress. "He's gonna try and beat him up, with the help of the rest of Big Bang." She looked up from her staring contest with the counter beneath her, waiting for my reaction.

"There's twelve of EXO and five of them," I point out.

"No, not just five," Bom said. "Were you paying attention? GD's dragging Winner and Epik High with him! That makes thirteen, not five, CL!"

"You never said that!" I hissed.

"I didn't?" Bom focused on the counter again. "Huh. Guess I forgot that part."

So, it isn't just KRIS that's screwed," I whisper, trying to keep calm. "It's ALL of EXO." Bom nods her head slowly in response.

A long moment of silence passes by, with me just thinking about what to do. "I'm calling Kris," I decide.

"No!" Bom hissed, attempting to rip my own phone out of my hand. "There's nothing we can do."

My fingers were still wrapped around my phone. An idea hit me. "I lied. I'm calling Dara."

"What the hell does SHE have to do with this?" the angry Park Bom yells.

"I have an idea!" I yell back. "Just give me a couple minutes."

After a few rings, a giggling Dara answers the phone. "Hello?" Dara laughs.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a few? I need some help," I ask.

"Of course!" Dara exclaims. "Be right back," she whispers to someone. After a few seconds of silence, Dara says "Sorry, I'm still at the mall with Minzy so you could talk to GD. How'd that go, anyway?"

"Um, not so well," I reply, "which is why I need your help."

"Oh, God," Dara whispers. "What'd he do this time?"

I explained to Dara how GD had plans to go and "talk" with Kris and how he was bringing the rest of Big Bang and all of Winner and Epik High as well.

"Damn," Dara mutters. "How can I help?"

"You said you kinda like Leeteuk, right?" I ask.

Dara giggles on the other line. "Yeah, why?"

"Do you have his number?"

"Of course! The night that club-thing happened, Leeteuk was the first person I called. We've been friends eve before Mama, and he… well… made me feel better from all the stress."

That surprised me, but I had no time to ask. "Okay, so here's the plan: I need you to call Leeteuk and tell him to get all the Super Junior members to go to EXO's dorm. All thirteen. Better yet, tell him to bring SHINee, too. That would make it really unfair to GD, since there will be seventeen more people than him. Do you think you could do that, please?"

I feel like Dara was nodding her head on the other line, even though I couldn't see her. "Okay. He might be busy, though," she warned.

"That's okay," I reply. "I'll give you Kris' number to give to Leeteuk. As long as there are more people GD has to face than his own, I think everyone will be okay."

"Well, except for GD, and TOP, and Taeyang, and—"

"I know," I interrupt. "GD's just gone too far."


KRIS

I was lying around the dorm watching the Running Man when Lay sat down awkwardly next to me. "How have you been?" he asks, referring to CL and the baby.

"Fine," I reply. "Just thinking."

"About what?" Lay asks, curious.

I pause before speaking. "I've been wondering if giving the baby up is the right thing to do."

Lay gave a look of shock, but flashed away quickly. "I thought you were okay with it."

"I was at first," I explain, "but after thinking about it, I don't think it would be fair to the baby. I think it would end up being a closed adoption, so CL wouldn't have to see the baby. Imagine never knowing who your parents are." When Lay nodded his head, I continued. "And besides, when the kid gets older—if EXO is still EXO and 2NE1 is still 2NE1—the kid will always see its parents. On TV. In the news. Listen to us on the radio. And, the worst part: they'll never know it's us."

Lay stared at me, astounded, before he spoke. "That's a really good point. Besides, if the baby ends up being a girl,  I don't think you'd want her to be falling head over heels for her own father, you little charmer!" Lay attempts to pinch my cheek.

I push his and away and gave Lay a disgusted look. "Ew. Just ew."

Right then, I got a phone call from an unknown number. I answered anyway. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Kris?" the voice asks.

"Who is this," I respond.

"Leeteuk," the man answers.

I furrowed my brow. I've never talked to Leeteuk. Not even once. Why is he calling me? "Oh, hi! How are you?" I say, even though I don't even know the guy.

"I'm doing fine," Leeteuk states quickly. "Hey, do you mind if I hang out at your dorm for a bit?"

NOW something's up. "Why?" My first instinct says for me.

"I-I need a place to stay the night," Leeteuk explains. "Our-our tour bus broke down, and we're pretty close to your dorm, and we have no where else to go. Please?"

I was silent. I could tell already Leeteuk was lying. "How did you get my number?"

"I know some people," Leeteuk answers far too fast.

"Leeteuk, Super Junior isn't even on tour," I say flatly. "What's going on?"

"I'll explain everything if you let us come over."

I sigh. "Fine." I hung up.

"Who was that?" Lay asks.

"Leeteuk," I tell him. "We're having company."

Lay rests his head on the back of the couch. "Dear God, I'm already living with eleven idiots. Why do thirteen have to visit?" he mutters.

Kai skipped into the room. "Yay! Yay! YAY!" He squealed.

"What's up?" Lay asks.

"TAEMIN'S COMING OVER!!!" Kai jumps up and down like a kid at an ice cream truck.

"WHAT?!" Lay and I snap in unison.

The smile on Kai's face slowly faded. "I can't have him over?"

I was about to intervene when Lay says "You can have him over, but… by any chance, did he ask you?"

"Yup," Kai replies.

"Is anyone else coming?"

"Uh, yeah." Kai gives Lay a look as of we should know this. "He's bringing the rest of SHINee, of course."

"ARRGH!" Lay and I growled, falling back on the couch in our already-sitting positions. "Pretty much all of Super Junior's coming over too." I explain.

Kai's jaw dropped. "Why?" He asks with no expression.

"We don't know," Lay replies to Kai, but stares at me.

I put my hands up in defense. "Don't ask me. Ask them when they get here." I sighed, confused. "Since Leeteuk just called five minutes ago, and SHINee's coming over soon, something is definitely wrong."

"What makes you think that?" Kai asks. "It could just be a coincidence."

"I just don't believe that," I told Kai. "Leeteuk told me his TOUR BUS broke down and they somehow ended up near OUR DORM."

"Super Junior isn't even on tour, are they?" Lay points out.

"Exactly!" I exclaim. "Something's wrong, and we're gonna find out."

"Why did you say 'we're?'" Kai gives a fearful look.

"We're all in this together," Lay sings under his breath.

"Exactly," I mutter.

"I'm out." Kai walks out the room.

"Wait!" I get up and stop him. "You DID just tell us Taemin and everyone else is stopping by. So, no, you're in."

Kai sighs dramatically. "Fine."

"I feel like this is how white girls act," Lay states randomly.

"WHAT ABOUT WHITE GIRLS?!?!?" A fearful voice yells. "Please, no white people…!"

Baekhyun.

"Ugh, you idiot!" Chanyeol snaps behind him. "They caught us."

An abundance of EXO voices join Chanyeol in whining. "How long have you been listening?" Lay asks in a mother-like tone.

"Uhhh…" the nine guys standing before us murmur.

"Since you were talking about the baby!" Tao shouts out.

"YOU IDIOT!" All the eavesdroppers yell at Tao, who mouthed "Sorry!"

"Kai, did you know about this?" I ask.

"I've been on the phone with Taemin until now!" Kai says defensively.

I shook my head, aggravated we got off topic. "So you all—obviously—know about what's going on."

"Pretty much," Suho says, "and since we know, we're willing to help." He turns back to the guilty faces. "Right?"

Everybody muttered their "yeahs" and "yeses."

"I just don't understand how we're gonna figure out what Leeteuk's plan is," Tao questions.

"Easy," Luhan says, "we keep annoying Super Junior until they tell us what's up."

Ever since the conversation started, Xiumin, Sehun, and D.O were texting away. "Done," the three of them said monotonically.

We all stared in awe. "How did you figure it out so fast?" Chanyeol asks.

"We're in group chat." D.O makes a cheeky smile and waves his iPhone. "We have an advantage."

"I guess Leeteuk has an iPhone—just like the three of us do—so we started a group chat with him," Sehun explains, full detail. "Since iOS 8 hasn't come out yet, he couldn't get out of the conversation. Xiumin would have to take him out, since he started it." Xiumin smiles and waves.

"I have no idea what you just said," Chen says, "but it sounds like you know what you're doing."

Before Sehun could respond, I started shooting questions. "What does Leeteuk want?"

"To help us," Xiumin replies.

"With what?"

"GD, apparently."

"What? Why?"

"Let's just say he found out about the baby and isn't taking it too well."

"What exactly is it he wants to do?"

Xiumin hesitates. "Beat you up. With the help of…" He pauses to check his phone. "The rest of Big Bang, Winner, and those old guys from Epik High."

"Old?" Kai asks.

I roll my tongue. "Guys." I gave them a look and realized something. "Since there'll be…" I quickly did some mental math. "Thirteen of them and thirty of us, GD will have no chance."

"Correct," Xiumin says.

"How would Leeteuk know?" I ask in wonder. "I haven't even told our manager about that baby. There's no way he could possibly know."

Xiumin shrugged. "Maybe he stalks you."

An awkward silence fell. "Sorry. That was weird," Xiumin says at last.

"How did you manage to get it out of Leeteuk, anyway?" Suho asks.

"D.O said something about telling everyone about Dara," Sehun says, shrugging.

All of us look at D.O. "Leeteuk and I are a lot closer than you think," he responds with an evil smile. It vanishes when he says "Please don't take it the wrong way."

Before anyone could respond, the doorbell rang.

"I'LL GET IT!" Kai hollers. "TAEMINNIE~!"

Funny enough, the first person at the door was Taemin. With, of course, SHINee behind him.

And Super Junior.

So I obviously know this was planned, whether Xiumin told us what happened or not.

"What a coincidence," I say to Leeteuk when he comes in, "that both you and SHINee come at the EXACT SAME TIME!" I smiled.

"Yeah, just brace yourself, kid," Leeteuk says. "I'm not sure what GD could be so pissed about, but he's got a LOT of anger towards you apparently, according to Dara."

"Yeah, he does—wait, did you just say Dara?" I ask sharply.

"What? No!" Being the terrible liar I figured out Leeteuk is, he sighs. "I'm kinda sorta somewhat dating Dara."

"And she kinda sorta somehow gave you my number," I reply sarcastically.

"Yeah. She didn't tell me why, just that you needed my help with GD, because he's mad, and he's bringing a whole army, and you had no idea, and not to tell you—oops."

"Broke that promise," I mutter. "How would GD know where I live?"

"I don't know, but he's gonna find you," Leeteuk says, "and he wants to fight."