Confusion & Anger

You Must Choose

GD

It's Saturday morning—more like Saturday around noontime—and I woke to find a sleeping girl next to me.

*What the hell?!* I thought instantly. *Who is that?*

Trying to remember what happened the night before, I had a HUGE hangover. I remembered being on the phone with CL, telling me she had something important to say. I was hardly paying attention, though, because the same girl lying next to me was doing it with me the night before.

Gosh, who was it?!

I glanced over at the clock, which clearly said 1:30 pm. I had to meet with CL in three and a half hours.

The body next to me squirmed around, waking up from the sound of my head turning to the clock. When I finally saw who the girl was when she turned over, my eyes widened in shock, remembering everything.

"Morning, baby," Jessica whispered in an adorable voice.

|FLASHBACK|

"I'm. So. PISSED!" Jessica yelled, charging into my house.

"Hello to you too," I muttered.

"Kris is dating CL," Jessica hissed, staring into my eyes.

Jealousy boiled up in my stomach. What was CL thinking? "Since when?" I asked, trying not to flip out on Jessica.

"Just now!" she cried. "I went over there just now—when I was on the phone with you—and CL started kissing Kris right in front of me." Jessica sniffled, trying not to cry. "And he kissed her back."

I felt bad for Jessica in that moment. I mean, sure, she's a total , but she's still a human. She has feelings just like all of us. It may not seem like it sometimes, but she does.

And just like that, Jessica was bawling her eyes out.

For some reason, I just wanted to kick her out. Yell at her for even trying to get Kris back, because she never will. Scream at her for even mentioning CL for what she did. But I guess I was just getting a taste of my own medicine.

Surprisingly, my first instinct was to comfort her. So I did.

"It's okay," I whispered, pulling Jessica into a tight hug. "I know how you feel."

Jessica hugged me back, arms around my waist. I was emotionally hurt by it because it reminded me of how CL used to hug me. "I deserved it," Jessica said, voice wobbling.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

Jessica started telling me that once she broke up with Kris after news broke out about the two of them, she hooked up with Luhan.

"You hooked up with him?!" I asked, trying not to sound shocked. I failed.

"Well, not exactly," Jessica explained. "I—literally—turned my back on Kris after we broke up and saw Luhan right behind me. I was so stressed out that I kissed him, forgetting Kris was there. I wish I never did that."

A moment of silence passed between us. *Maybe she's not as bad as I think,* I thought. "I… kind of did something similar."

"Really?" Jessica asked, eyes shining beautifully.

"Yeah," I said, looking away. "I regret it."

For what felt like the millionth time, I explained to Jessica what happened at Mama. "Wow," Jessica remarked when I finished my story. "I guess we have a lot more in common than we thought."

"Yeah." I nodded in agreement.

Just then, Jessica's phone buzzed. "Oh, man, I gotta go!" she cried. "I have to meet up with Yuri and everyone else for her birthday." I lead Jessica to the door. She gazed into my eyes. "Thank you, GD." She gave my cheek a light kiss and ran out the door to her car.

All I could do was watch her drive away, smiling.

The following weeks came by fast. I started seeing Jessica secretly. Of course, it was a cliché start to our relationship—first dinner date, awkward first kiss, first "I love yous," blah, blah, blah.

I don't think I really meant it.

One day, Jessica came over to watch a movie and have a few drinks. Some stupid rom com I can't remember the name of.

"Wanna stay the night?" I asked.

Jessica grinned. "I have no plans for tomorrow."

Once we got settled into bed, I gave Jessica a goodnight kiss, lasting longer than intended. Without control, my arms slithered to the lower part of the back of her shirt, pulling it upwards to take it off. Jessica did the same to mine.

We began kissing passionately, Jessica's body on top of mine. Everything happened so fast I can't even remember every detail which lead me to today...

|PRESENT|

"Morning," I mumble in response to Jessica.

"How'd you sleep?" Jessica asks sweetly.

"Pretty well," I reply. "You?"

"Best night sleep," Jessica murmurs, snuggling into my neck, "yet I'm still tired."

"Same," I agree, drifting off.

After another three hours, I woke up to a ringing sound. "Hello?" I say flatly into my phone.

"You might wanna hurry up." Taeyang.

"Why…?" I question.

"CL wants you to come early," Taeyang states.

"What? I don't have to see her for another four hours!" I exclaim.

"You mean a half an hour?" Taeyang says sharply.

My head turned to the clock instantly. 4:28. "Aish, !" I mutter, waking Jessica.

"CL already told the four of us the news on the phone," Taeyang explains while I quickly got dressed, putting my phone on loudspeaker. "You're not gonna like it."

"Why don't you just tell me now?" I demand.

"She wants to tell you privately," Taeyang says.

I huffed a breath through my nose. "Why?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"You'll see." Taeyang hung up.

"What do you think CL wants to tell you?" Jessica asks. I completely forgot she was there.

"I have no clue," I say, "but whatever it is, I need to be there in less than a half an hour now!"

I gave Jessica a quick kiss and told her to help herself to some coffee. I ran out the door like a roadrunner.

After about twenty minutes, I drove my car into 2NE1's driveway, heart pounding. *Is she sick?* I thought, questioning what could be wrong. *Did something happen to the other members? Did something happen to her?*

It felt like I was worrying too much. Couldn't be that bad, right?

I sped walked up to the front door, making sure I looked presentable before the glass screen in front of the red door. I was surprised to see Bom answering the door.

"Hey, come on in!" she says like nothing's wrong.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, filled with worry.

"Uh, yeah!" Bom says, trying to sound positive.

"You hesitated," I stated.

Bom sighed. "CL will tell you."

First thing I noticed when I walked into the living area of the house was CL, wrapped up tightly in about a dozen blankets. Only her and Bom were home. I had originally thought CL wanted to talk to me alone, but I guess not.

CL looked up at me, smiling weakly. "Hey," she says softly.

"Hi," I replied, same tone. "Everything alright?"

"Mm, sort of…" CL barely whispers. "Um…" she looks up at Bom, who was standing in the kitchen.

Bom nods and sits down next to CL. "This isn't my place to be, but CL wanted me to help her out a little," Bom explains.

CL nods in agreement. "You know how I've been hanging out with Kris, the EXO-M leader?"

I got a queasy feeling in my stomach. "You're dating, huh?" I ask, realizing jealousy was the reason for my uneasiness. Even though I already knew that from Jessica, I wanted CL to clarify.

CL chuckles. "Um, yeah. And… have you heard about that night with that Block B guy? Jaehyo?"

Anger took over the jealousy. "What the hell did that bastard do to you?" I ask harshly.

CL and Bom's eyes widen in shock. "Not much…" CL begins, "but Kris got me out of it before Jaehyo could do too much."

I nodded. "So… what happened?" I ask.

"Er, um…" CL got uncomfortable.

"Kris brought CL here, since she was too weak to come home alone," Bom tells me for CL.

CL pursed her lips. "Yeah."

After a moment of terrible silence for me—awkward silence for the two girls—Bom continues. "Kris stayed the night to help CL with anything she needed."

Bom glared at me as CL stared at her knees, blushing like crazy. "Oh…?" was all I could say.

"I think he gets the picture, Bom," CL says flatly, still glaring at her knees.

"Okay, then you can finish," Bom replies, eyebrows raised.

CL gulped. "A few days ago, I felt like . Bom dragged to to the doctor and the doctor said 'You're not sick! You're pregnant!'" She pulled her knees tight to her chest.

I stared at the two in disbelief. Then I started laughing. Quite obnoxiously. Tears ran down my cheeks I was laughing so hard. "I get it!" I finally say as they look at me with horror. "You guys are trying to prank me."

"Do you really think we'd be joking about something like this?!" Bom retorts. "We're being serious!"

The cheesy smile I had on my face before was gone. All these emotions filled me up. Rage. Sadness. Beatrayal. Fear. I didn't want to take it out on CL, so I stood up and marched out of the house to yell at someone else.

Bom chased after me. "Where the hell do you think YOU'RE going?!" Bom hissed.

I answered her with a question. "Where's EXO's dorm?"