D[oesn't] M[atter] (Jungkook)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He wasn't sure how long had it been this time before one of his best friends, Kim Taehyung, nudged him back to reality.
"Good God, man," his other best friend, Park Jimin said with a shake of his head. "It looks creepy sometimes."
"Attractive creepy?" he asked, finally looking back at his friends. "Or creepy creepy?" Jeon Jungkook stole a glance at her again, just as Taehyung flicked his arm.
"What are you even doing?"
"Staring."
"Why don't you ask her out? She seems nice."
"I would collapse if I try to do that," Jungkook stated matter-of-factly.
Jimin's gaze landed on her, too. Thankfully, she hadn't noticed his best friend making an idiot out of himself.
Kim Miya was sitting with her best friend, Ahn Yerin, enjoying her 10-minute choir break by flooding the latter with memes she'd saved on her phone last night.
Jungkook had had his eye on the music psychology major ever since he decided to accompany his friends to their choir practice on his way to his composition and performance class, which he had somehow ended up missing because he just wanted to be a nice friend and sit through the entire practice because 'that's what nice friends do' and 'no, he definitely wasn't staying for anything else'.
The one thing he was fascinated by the most about her was how she had no trouble talking to just about anyone from the choir. She was the exact opposite of him: she was approachable, to the point that she even chirped a "hey, there!" at him once and he'd run into a wall trying to make a beeline for the door.
He knew deep down that his friends were right and he should just talk to her, but let's face it: Jeon Jungkook did not deal well with people in general, let alone a loud, friendly, and cute person.
So he kept trying to get Taehyung and Jimin to be friends with her so they could be his wingmen and talk him up before he swept in and swept her off her feet, because that's just natural.
"What are you gonna do then?" Jimin asked, turning to look at Jungkook again.
"Stare at her until she understands that she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen, and that I'm okay with both a summer and a winter wedding."
"Cool," Taehyung began, sliding off his seat with Jimin as they made their way back to practice. "Solid plan."
 

"Do you think it's sad sometimes?" Jungkook asked, lifting his backpack up like a dumbell on their walk back to their dorms.
"What is?" Taehyung asked. "That there's no puppy around right now?"
"That he's whipped for Miya from choir," Jimin answered, before turning to the younger boy again. "Why?"
Jungkook shrugged. "Well, I was standing by the door as always, waiting for you two—"
"—waiting to hold the door for her."
"Eighty-twenty. Anyway, your choir instructor, of all the people, pat me on the back on his way out and said, 'it's getting sad now, son'."
Before he could stop himself, Taehyung burst out laughing.
"Don't listen to Mr. Im," Jimin said, chuckling. "He's forty-seven and single. That is sad. Besides, I think it's cute, as long as you keep the staring to a minimal and actually talk to her."
"You know I can't do that." Jungkook looked down at his feet, feeling his cheeks heat up for no reason.
"Okay, then maybe this is kinda sad." Jimin put his arm around Jungkook. "But worry not. I'm gonna help you, okay?"
"You will?!" Taehyung and Jungkook cried at the same time.
"Yes! For love!"
"For crush," Jungkook corrected him.
"Please." Jimin walked in first to their building, the two of them trailing close behind. "Like I said, you're whipped."
 


It wasn't really difficult for Jimin to befriend Miya, mostly because both of them found each other really easy to talk to (maybe a little too easy, according to Jungkook), and so, Jimin tried to find out as much as he could about her and relayed the information regularly to his friend, while also never missing an opportunity to praise Jungkook around Miya.

"I don't get why I'm in the back, I'm clearly meant to be in the front."
"Totally. You know who else hates being in the back? My friend Jungkook."

"Isn't it a little too sunny for fall?"
"It certainly is. You know, Jungkook really likes a sunless autumn, too."

"Why aren't we including this song in the medley? I love it!"
"I know! My friend Jungkook happens to really like that song, too, you know. Maybe you can practice it with him, just for fun."
"He sings?"
"Like an angel."
"Why doesn't he audition for the choir? I'd love to hear him sing."
"Um . . . He says it's not his thing."

"Not my thing? Seriously?" Jungkook flopped down on his bed. "Now she'll think I'm some kind of choir-hater."
Jimin turned around in his chair to face his friend. "But Jungkook—"
"What if she hates people who don't like choirs? Why couldn't you say something else?"
"Like what?" Taehyung asked.
"Jungkook—"
"You could've said I'm too shy." Jungkook interuppted Jimin again.
"OH MY GOD, LISTEN TO ME."
The boy raised his head from the cushion it was buried in. "What?"
Jimin slid his chair closer to the bed. "She said she'd love to hear you sing."
"Love?" The young boy echoed, sitting up straight with a start. "The love of my life wants to hear me sing."
Jimin looked at Taehyung who probably wanted to as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter