New Girl - Part 4 (Ryan Higa)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“GTFO My Room,” Miya With a ‘Y’ says, looking expectantly at Ryan.

 

“GTFO My Room?” he echoes.

 

Miya With a ‘Y’ nods slowly, biting her lip. This is her first song she wrote with Vivienne working with RHPC, and she really wants to impress the guys, mostly because she wants to see if they can be impressed by a song that she and Vivienne had to dumb themselves down for. And also because she wants to show them how awesome she is, for coming up with a song within a couple of days of working with the, er, geniuses.

 

“’Dog, why’d you poo in my shoe?/I’m really, really, really, really mad at you’?”

 

“Come on. We all hated everything during puberty. At least I did. I mean, I actually punched someone in the face once because they smiled at me. Why? Because puberty happened. Kids are basically brainless then. So, this song is for those years. Huh, huh?”

 

Ryan looks at the piece of paper in his hands, slowly placing it on the coffee table. He never had to ‘approve’ anything before so he wasn’t sure of how these things work. He likes how immature and accurate the song sounds, he really does. But he’s convinced that you don’t just say ‘yes’ to approve. There has to be a special word for it.

 

Miya With a ‘Y’ looks at Ryan, trying not to laugh at his expression. “Do you like it?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Oh, great! I’ll work on it with Andrew then! When are the guys getting here?”

 

“In a while. When’s Vivienne getting here?”

 

“In a while.” Miya With a ‘Y’ skips all the way to the kitchen, already comfortable enough to grab a can of grape soda from the refrigerator. Ryan squints at her.

 

She’s weird.

 

 

 

Ryan still cringed mentally, thinking about how the ‘interview’ went down. He was totally expecting a flustered girl with a friend with her for moral support; someone who would keep stammering or looking away, or won’t talk at all.

 

Right. That happened.

 

Miya With a ‘Y’ started off by scowling at him again, and Ryan knew this was going to go downhill for him. He kept quiet while Andrew asked her questions about herself, already sure that Miya With a ‘Y’ would be a part of RHPC.

 

“Is this what you do?” Andrew had asked.

 

“Actually, no. I’m majoring in Psychology. University of Nevada.”

 

Ryan couldn’t help but raise his brows, impressed. She could be the smartest person in RHPC.

 

She told Andrew about how and why she moved here with her friend, how she started singing, and—well, basically, Ryan ended up being the third wheel. A very quiet third wheel.  

 

Before leaving, Miya With a ‘Y’ had looked at Ryan and smiled, possibly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter