New Girl - Part 6 (Ryan Higa)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kev, you gotta move! Andrew come on!" Miya With a 'Y' yells.  

 

"Can't you see I don't want to physically move?" 

 

Derrick, who is standing next to Miya With a 'Y', chuckles. 

 

"No," she says. "Now grab your stuff and move."

 

"Where is Ryan?" Greg asks, pulling down the reflector. 

 

Will emerges from inside the house, with a look that screams immaturity. He turns around and sticks his out, making a fart sound. "I'm here."

 

Daina shakes her head before walking to stand next to Erikka and helping her pack up. 

 

"It's too early for that, Will," Vivienne mumbles. 

 

"I'll check on Ryan," Miya With a 'Y' says, carefully making her way inside, and calling out his name. 

 

"In here!" 

 

She scowls when she realizes where the voice is coming from. Quietly, she walks in to see Ryan sitting on the pool table next to kitchen. 

 

"Ryan! What are you doing here?"

 

"Waiting for hair and makeup." He wiggles his shoulder in a way that makes Miya With a 'Y' want to giggle, but she doesn't. 

 

"In here?" 

 

"I was late," Ryan simply says. "Where's Erikka?"

 

"Outside, helping the guys pack things up."

 

"Oh." He pushes out his lips, like he's trying to think really hard. "Is Ross here?"

 

"No."

 

"J.R.?"

 

"No."

 

"Any of the professional-looking people?"

 

"No."

 

"Oh." 

 

"Yeah. Come on. We've to leave."

 

"Where?" Ryan pushes himself off the table. 

 

"To a set. Where another professional-looking person will do your makeup. Not Erikka or Daina."

 

Ryan's eyes open wide as understanding dawns upon him. "Shoot! I forgot we were filming on a set."

 

Miya With a 'Y' rolls her eyes. "Come on  now."

 

 

 

Once they reach the set, Miya With a 'Y' is surprised to see a normal suburban home full of 'professional-looking people', but not the usual idiots she's used to seeing now, except for Andrew. 

 

"Where's everyone else?" She asks Ryan, looking straight ahead. 

 

"Probably left. They don't really have any work today."

 

"Then why am I here?"

 

"Because I need you."

 

Miya With a 'Y' jerks her head around to look at him. 

 

Ryan clears his throat nervously. "I mean we all do. For musical purposes, you know."

 

She eyes him. "Okay."

 

"Hey, you guys! Ryan and . . . Miya, right?" Ross, the director approaches them. 

 

"With a 'y'," Ryan corrects Ross. "Miya With a 'Y'."

 

Miya With a 'Y' rolls her eyes. "Hi, Ross. How you doing?"

 

"Good!" he replies. "So, we're setting up right now. Ryan, get in for clothes, and Miya—"

 

"—with a 'y'", Ryan interrupts. 

 

"With a 'y', why don't you go help set up J.R.'s room?"

 

Miya With a 'Y' nods, before heading inside to help put up posters in J.R.'s room. 

 

 

The whole day turns out to be really hectic, since they decided to finish it in a day. Especially for Ryan. He first finishes his scenes without the dark eye makeup in the room (for which Miya With a 'Y' had to help take down the posters and put them back on), which doesn't take too long. Then he moves on to filming in front of the green screen with that horrible makeup, before changing out of the weird, green half-suit and heading out to film the performing bits with the other two guys. 

 

It's dark outside by the time Ryan has to shoot the performance scenes, so one of the girls turns on the pool lights. 

 

Miya With a 'Y' stands behind the camera with J.R. standing next her, waiting for his parents to come pick him up. The whole thing looks so weird to her—the horrible eye makeup on Ryan's face, the lip-syncing with too many visible emotions, and the performance without any actual instruments. Ross had the brill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter