Confession (JB/Jaebum)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Kim Miya, Christmas is the most romantic holiday. She has always felt that Valentine's Day was too overrated, and that real romance bloomed under the bright lights of Christmas. She loved the idea of sipping on warm eggnog with a loved one, snuggling into each other by the fireplace, holding hands out in the cold, kissing under mistletoes . . . Yes. Christmas is most definitely the most romantic holiday of the year.  

 

And here she is on the eve of the most romantic holiday of the year, helping a bunch of her friends bring together shy kids in love. 

 

She can't help but grin. 

 

All of the GOT7 members were dancing around when the new couples finally hugged it out, screaming and snow-spraying the entire gym. Especially Jackson. That crazy boy. 

 

Miya waited and monitored it all on the small screen with a huge smile on her face until the director yelled, "Cut!"

 

The last of the happy new couples is sent off on a date before Miya comes skipping forward to the set. "That was so amazing! I can't believe you guys managed to do it!"

 

Yugyeom walks over and high-fives her. "Spread the love~"

 

"Some of them were so nervous, though," Jaebum comments, shaking the confetti out of his hair. 

 

"But I'm glad it turned out well." Miya beams at all seven of them. 

 

"Guys," Mark begins, "we have to clean up the place now."

 

"Why?" Bambam whines. "Why can't the crew do it?"

 

Jackson rolls his eyes. "Help us clean up the confetti."

 

The eight of them get a broom to clean the entire gym, sweeping away the confetti, torn paper from letters, and everything else that the Nervous Nellies left behind. Miya, unfortunately, gets to clean the epicentre of the mess—right around the big Christmas tree where the boys were standing. Lucky for her, Jaebum decides to help her out. 

 

"You seemed to really like it," he comments, his gaze fixed on the mess he's cleaning up. 

 

"Of course, I did!" Miya exclaims. "It was so cute." She rests her chin on top of the  broom's stick, eyes glazed over as she imagines the expressions on the faces of the boys and girls who were here only minutes ago. 

 

"Do you like all that?" Jaebum asks, his brows raised. 

 

One look at his handsome face, and something tells Miya that the boy isn't a big fan of grand gestures. 

 

"Maybe."

 

"Hey, Miya!" Jinyoung calls out from the bleachers. "Can you help me move the boards?"

 

She looks apologetically at Jaebum, before handing him her broom and jogging off to help the other boy. 

 

"I'll carry that," Miya offers, taking the board with the letter 'V' from Jinyoung's hands. 

 

"Thanks." He picks up the 'E'  and follows her outside to hand it to one of the crew members. 

 

"So," he begins. "What are your plans for tonight?"

 

Miya hands her board to a broad-shouldered man and turns back around. "I'm going to drink eggnog and sleep."

 

"That's it?"

 

Miya kicks a stone off the pavement as they walk back to the gym, her black sneakers almost matching the darkening sky. "I can't do much about it."

 

"But it's Christmas' eve!"

 

"And I did that." She eyes the gym, not wanting to point at it because of the cold. "Besides, I can't go back home for the holidays. I'm working at your company."

 

"Wow," Jinyoung says with a sigh. "Oh, well, don't lose hope. You never know what might happen."

 

The look on the boy's face makes Miya raise her eyebrows in confusion. Once back in, Miya takes her broom from Jaebum and starts cleaning the remainder of the mess. 

 

"Took you quite a while out there," the older male states. "I'm almost done."

 

"The truck was parked outside the campus, JB." Miya nudges his broom with hers. "Why, did you miss me?"

 

Jaebum's nonchalant nod and smile surprises Miya, making her blush. She pretends to look around and check how the rest of them are doing. 

 

It doesn't really take a lot to make her blush, especially when Jaebum does something. And she hates how aloof he looks right now, sweeping the la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter