New Girl - Part 5 (Ryan Higa)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryan's fingers lazily glide over the ukelele's small fretboard, picking on a string here on a fret there. He's trying to play out the notes that Miya With a 'Y' is humming so he can write them down later. 

 

He's been getting it wrong for the past half hour now. 

 

Miya With a 'Y' finally gives up and pulls out her phone, heaving an obviously annoyed sigh. "I'll record. Just sing."

 

"What about the chords?"

 

"I'll figure it out with Andrew and V," she mumbles. "When it's daylight outside."

 

"Are you too tired?" Ryan takes her phone. 

 

Miya With a 'Y' massages her temples, her elbows on her knees. "No, Ryan, I enjoy staying up 'til four in the morning and then go to college later. That's my thing."

 

Ryan purses his lips. The new girl looks really worn out, and even though Ryan is used to working until a new day has started, he has to admit that he's especially tired today. So he stands up, collecting all the sheets for Miya With a 'Y' off the table. 

 

"Okay, let's go sleep then."

 

Miya With a 'Y' leans back against the couch, her arms now crossed across her chest and her brows raised. "Ryan, I'm tired, not drunk. Don't you try to take advantage of all this gorgeousness."

 

Ryan has to take a few seconds to comprehend that. "What?! No! What are you thinking?!"

 

Miya With a 'Y' stands up and shrugs. "What you're blatantly implying, Ryan Higa."

 

Ryan shakes his head, laughing nervously. "No! I meant you can take the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter