Light Me Up (Jungkook)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook?" 

 

Her call was met by silence. 

 

Sighing, Miya kicked the door to their apartment shut and threw her bags and keys on the table. Her shoulders seemed to sigh on their own in relief, the pressure of the straps now lifted.

 

"Jungkook?" she called out again. She'd had a long day and she was counting on him to make dinner and run her a bath, something completely out of the spectrum of the two giant kids.

 

"In here," came the boy's sing-songy response from the bedroom. "Hi."

 

She chuckled at his cuteness before following the sound of his voice. To her surprise, she opened the door to a dark room, and yet, she could feel his presence. "What's happening?" Miya asked, her arms akimbo.

 

"Greatness." She heard him shuffle before standing right in front of her. "Look at this."

 

The surprise of the dark room was nothing compared to the shock when Jungkook stomped his foot, immediately catching Miya's attention with the flashing lights on the bases of his shoes. 

 

"Oh, Lord have mercy," Miya muttered under her breath.

 

"Aren't these great?" Jungkook asked. "I just got them today."

 

A hand reached out to gently push his arm. "Jungkook, I'm tired! I've had a long day, and I just want to eat and sleep now."

 

"But Miya," he whined, stomping again when the lights stopped blinking, "look at them!"

 

With a loud grunt, she walked out and into the bathroom, fumbling around the knobs and bottles to prepare herself a bath. She could hear Jungkook's footsteps following hers and she turned off the water with a soft curse when he switched off the lights again.

 

Obviously, the next sound was of him stomping his feet.

 

"They also change colors, Miya! Look!"

 

"No!" She stuck her tongue out in his face before walking out, the wish for a long bath now suppressed. 

 

Clearly Jungkook wasn't done showing off his shoes, because Miya could hear him follow her into the kitchen, and turn off the lights again. Only this time, he got creative and instead of just stomping, he did the running man.

 

"Come on," he said in between stomping and sliding his feet. "You have to agree. These are pretty cool."

 

"Still no!" Miya elbowed her way around the tall boy, taking a tub of ice-cream out of the fridge to eat. She flopped down on the couch and snuggled back into its comfort—which was extremely short-lived as Jungkook slid down beside her. Upside down.

 

"Jungkook, don't even—"

 

"Not on the couch, I know," he interrupted her. "I also know neither of us would clean it if I did get it on the couch. But that is not the point." Jungkook bent his legs until they touched the floor and swung his body up. "This"—he said, pointing at his shoes—"is the point."

 

"Okay, that's it." Miya kept her ice-cream aside and sprang up, ready to tackle the boy she loved so much.

 

Jungkook barely had time to blink before he felt Miya's grip on his wrist. With a grin, he shook her hand off, running back into the kitchen. "Look!" he began, still running. "They're still blinking!"

 

"Get back here, you—you overgrown baby!" she yelled, chasing after him.

 

"'Overgrown baby'? That's the best you've got?"

 

Miya didn't even have to see his face to know he was smirking.

 

The boy stood behind the counter, his teeth exposed in a playful grin as Miya entered. As soon as he sensed her move towards him, he leapt up on the counter, crossing it swiftly and then out again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter