Wuthering Pies (Rap Monster/Namjoon)

K-Pop Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon’s footsteps echoed off the walls of the hallway, the bags that he was carrying bumping against the walls as he struggled to not drop them. The window at the end showed signs of a rainstorm that could strike their town any time now.

By the time he reached the door, he was panting. Even though the distance he covered was about fourteen paces. 

He set  one of the bags down while he fumbled for the keys, unlocking the door with some more effort, and then tripping over the bag he’d just let go of.

“Namjoon, is that you?” Yerin called out from the kitchen, though she was positive it was him. No burglar would make the amount of noise Namjoon made on a regular day.

“I got everything,” he yelled back, picking up the bags once again and following the sound of her voice.

Yerin was sitting crossed legged on the counter, an empty box of yogurt in her hand with the spoon still in it. Her face lit up the second Namjoon walked in. She curled her toes in with happiness when Namjoon set the bags next to her and held her face for a brief kiss. He took the box from her and tossed it in the bin.

With the spoon.

“You got everything?” Yerin smiled as she asked. All this time, and Namjoon still made her feel like a little giddy girl.

“I mean I hope so.” His large hand scratched the back of his neck. “I lost the list you gave me in one of the aisles, but I think I remembered everything.”

“Then I’m sure you got it all.” She moved past Namjoon, taking a peek inside both of the bags before taking out the contents. Sure enough, he’d managed to buy everything she needed to try out that new recipe she’d read earlier today.

“Can you line these up?” Yerin asked, handing Namjoon jars of jellies and seasoning. 

Namjoon knew the recipe in theory, so he knew the order he needed to line the ingredients in and which ones to put away. He also knew that she loved the order sometimes. Her usual scatter-brain self found a sense of control in these situations.

“They’re cut so cutely!” She gushed at the sheets of ravioli before dipping them in boiling water. The ends were wavy, and well, rather ‘cute’.

Namjoon’s eyes were fixed on her even as he passed her the salt. He loved watching her make an effort, no matter the outcome. Right now, she looked so relaxed, but he knew she was probably worried that she’d accidentally poison both of them somehow. And yet, she looked so beautiful, that he couldn’t turn away.

He was suddenly fascinated by the writings on the oregano dispenser as soon as Yerin turned around to face him.

“I’m gonna finish up my report while I cut these”—she held the giant slices of pumpkin on the tray in her hand—“Can you take care of the pasta?”

He nodded, watching her walk out of the kitchen and into their room.

Only a few minutes had passed when Namjoon’s impatience took over and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter